Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron_M
Spec R V2 DCJ are very good
Where can I get these? I dont see them for sale anwhere.

I have spec r dcj's from my tamiya, but those dont seem to work for some reason. They mount fine and spin free until i get to half steering lock then it develops a bind. Same goes for tamiya brand dcjs. It was mentioned earlier that you need to use tamiya steering blocks which change the steering geometry.
I'm using yokomo dcj's but I can already tell the quality is not up to par with tamiya or even the version 2 Spec R's. I'd rather stay with Yokomo steering blocks but if these yokomo dcj's break on me during a race, I'll have no choice but to use tamiya dcj's and steering blocks.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo

I have spec r dcj's from my tamiya, but those dont seem to work for some reason. They mount fine and spin free until i get to half steering lock then it develops a bind. Same goes for tamiya brand dcjs. It was mentioned earlier that you need to use tamiya steering blocks which change the steering geometry.
I'm using yokomo dcj's but I can already tell the quality is not up to par with tamiya or even the version 2 Spec R's. I'd rather stay with Yokomo steering blocks but if these yokomo dcj's break on me during a race, I'll have no choice but to use tamiya dcj's and steering blocks.

So is the spec r version 2 causing the bind or are you using v1. I ask because I just bought a set of spec r version 2 and was told it works for the bd7.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aceinthesky
So is the spec r version 2 causing the bind or are you using v1. I ask because I just bought a set of spec r version 2 and was told it works for the bd7.
He states he's been trying to use the V2 for Tamiya.

The V2 for Yok from Spec-R is a direct replacement, you get the shaft and bearing that you need, fit and forget.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

spec r v2 are good fit and never had problems with them in the bd5 and bd7. yokomo dcjs are just plain sh..
Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default BD7 setup help needed

Hi BD7 users,

I am having a bit of a problem with my BD7.

I am running the standard BASE ASPHALT SETUP from team Yokomo. StandardAsphaltSetup.pdf on the petitrc website under the BD7 Yokomo setups.

Only changes I have made to the above setup is as follows -
1mm shim under the inner camber links front and rear.
Front 550 wht yokomo shock oil / Front orange yokomo.
Rear spring yokomo pink.
3.5 rear toe in.
Steering brace removed.
Running sorex tyres on outdoor Asphalt.

My problem is the rear end keeps skipping out, rotating to much on and off power! you have to drive very carefully
But otherwise the car is great.

I have changed lots of things to try and sort this out, softer rear roll bar, softer rear springs, harder front springs, thicker front shock oil, changing the rear diff oil from 2000 LRP to 1000 LRP.
Less front camber.

The car seems very nervous and twitchy, I have to run about -50% expo on the steering at present.

I have checked the tweak of the car and all seems OK.

Any info would be great.
Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Got mine from Tonisport but RC Mushroom and RC Mart have them i beleive.

You want the Spec R V2 For Yokomo BD5 / BD7, they drop striaght in
Old 02-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

reinstall steering brace
remove any ackerman ball stud shims
back to 450cst oil all round
check the spool is not rubbing on the bottom chassis. Will rub if install the plastic gear on spool opposite direction and twitchy steering

hope it helps

Originally Posted by 415tam
Hi BD7 users,

I am running the standard BASE ASPHALT SETUP from team Yokomo. StandardAsphaltSetup.pdf on the petitrc website under the BD7 Yokomo setups.

Rear spring yokomo pink.
3.5 rear toe in.
Steering brace removed.

My problem is the rear end keeps skipping out, rotating to much on and off power! you have to drive very carefully

I have changed lots of things to try and sort this out, softer rear roll bar, softer rear springs, harder front springs, thicker front shock oil, changing the rear diff oil from 2000 LRP to 1000 LRP.
Less front camber.

The car seems very nervous and twitchy, I have to run about -50% expo on the steering at present.

Any info would be great.
Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi zzztech,

Thanks for your help.
Just sent you a PM in regards to the info given.
Regards
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Like zzztech said,

remove any ackerman ball stud shims
back to 450cst oil all round
check the spool is not rubbing on the bottom chassis. Will rub if install the plastic gear on spool opposite direction and twitchy steering

But i wouldn't put the steering brace, and also remove the 1mm shim under the inner camber links in the front and rear

Originally Posted by 415tam
Hi BD7 users,

Rear spring yokomo pink.
3.5 rear toe in.
Steering brace removed.

Less front camber.

Any info would be great.
Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

what does having the steering brace in versus out do?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by traitor
what does having the steering brace in versus out do?
Removing the brace makes the chassis have a little more flex, and helping with handling, usually on low/medium traction surfaces. Also makes the car more consistent as the flex points are only the ends of the top deck.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Aaron_M
Spec R V2 DCJ are very good

I am also looking for these, they are out of stock everywhere, unless someone knows a place that has them stock??

Last edited by Cadman1981; 02-20-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cadman1981
I am also looking for these, they are out of stock everywhere, unless someone knows a place that has them stock??
Let me know when and if you find these
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2790

Says in stock when I add to my cart.

-Mike
Old 02-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

any of you run 17.5T motors and use a gear ratio of 1:4,0 ?? wandering how to get there. which pinions and spurs do u use that fit. i found out that the gearchart provided in the kit is not 100% true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.