Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Looking for 1/8 or 1/9 On Road Car....help please! >

Looking for 1/8 or 1/9 On Road Car....help please!

Looking for 1/8 or 1/9 On Road Car....help please!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Looking for 1/8 or 1/9 On Road Car....help please!

Hi guys, finally cleared some PayPal fonds….I’m looking for a either a rally car or touring road 1/8 or 1/7. I have a MMM 2200kv combo along with a CC BEC at a 7955TG or a 79050TH servo I could use.
I have no intentions on racing except maybe heading out to the track to play. I had an Inferno GT2 but the stock nitro motor blew a con rod maybe after its first tank….let alone my Savage motors hold a tune better than the Kyosho motors!
Now I’m leaning on a large 1/8 or 1/7 kit that has a scale look to it….not that super concept car look.

The Ofna DM-1 Spec E caught my eye esp the roller for $247 free shipping. Then I saw the Ofna Ultra-GTP $205 shipped.

What are the differences between the two? Is there really a $50 difference? Everyone I talked to into 1/8 on road love the DM-1….can someone share light on this? Thanks!!!

Last edited by alexchen86; 08-25-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Rookie

both kits are good.... the GTP-e will require a $50 rear PBS kit for full out right racing, so there really isn't a savings...

the DM1 is good for racing right out the box ...

hope that helps

Originally Posted by alexchen86
Hi guys, finally cleared some PayPal fonds….I’m looking for a either a rally car or touring road 1/9 or 1/8. I have a MMM 2200kv combo along with a CC BEC at a 7955TG or a 79050TH servo I could use.
I have no intentions on racing except maybe heading out to the track to play. I had an Inferno GT2 but the stock nitro motor blew a con rod maybe after its first tank….let alone my Savage motors hold a tune better than the Kyosho motors!
Now I’m leaning on a large 1/8 or 1/9 kit that has a scale look to it….not that super concept car look.

The Ofna DM-1 Spec E caught my eye esp the roller for $247 free shipping. Then I saw the Ofna Ultra-GTP $205 shipped.

What are the differences between the two? Is there really a $50 difference? Everyone I talked to into 1/8 on road love the DM-1….can someone share light on this? Thanks!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Good thing I ordered the DM-1 this afternoon from a buddy's advice who had a GTP2e. Anything worth upgrading on the DM-1 Spec E I should get?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by alexchen86
Good thing I ordered the DM-1 this afternoon from a buddy's advice who had a GTP2e. Anything worth upgrading on the DM-1 Spec E I should get?
initially you don't need anything besides some good tires.... find out which tires are hooking up the best at your local track.... you'll find that the more practice you put in with the car the better you can drive it.

I've seen a completely stock dm-1 compete with a fully kitted "every upgrade option available" with a good driver behind the wheel...