R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

Whoops you said super stock ;-) pardon me. All the justock suggestions had me thrown off. But there is the new Reventon R from SP, that should be great. not out yet but should be in Europe this motnh according to Speed Passion themselves. whatever you do, get a unit that will let you adjust boost and turbo independently, and preferably with all the paramateres of a Tekin or Speed Passion. . I myself have recently moved from blinky to boosted, snd I can only tell you that my SSX stock spec, is feeling kinda limiting due to only 2 adjustable timing parameters ("Feel" and "boost").

Good luck in your hunt :-)
T3 '12 - M11x - LRP - Speed Passion - Savox - IP
mrtoulouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Hobbywing V3 is the best choise, has many adjustments and offers the best setting.

Second choice, surely Hobbywing Xtreme, low price, small size, high performance, easy to setup.

Regarding the engine, GM Pro Stock with 12.3 mm rotor, or Speedpassion V3,(MMM was excessive meccanical timing when used with boost)
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

As someone has said already support your local club & or shop. Ask the people who will be racing with you or race at the track what they run. See which one/s are willing to help you with setup & run what they run. That way they are better to help you with something they run as well. I hate seeing threads like this because there is no wrong answer. Everyone is gonna like what they do & tell you that is the best choice. For you it is not the best choice as it maybe out of your price range, not fitting for your application etc etc. Your local track, club, store will always have the best answers.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Schacht Design Works Trackside Hobbies Dirtheaven CRC Hobbies MidWest Tri-Clone RC Scoring Pro LiveRc.com 92 Zero Designs
Wicked-Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pyro854 View Post
Novak speed controls run very smooth. I went from a Tekin RS Pro to the Orion R10 Pro to the Novak GTB2 with xdrive and to me the GTB2 was the smoothest and had the best brakes of the 3. No laptop or program box, just a series of flashing lights on the esc. It is close to $110, a little over, but its well worth the money.
+1 bro very good esc and they have great cs which some of it higher priced competitors lackin g that trait
gamedog1966 is offline   Reply With Quote