Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Got mine from AME directly and not happy at all. Only one out of the four shocks is working properly. Hope I find some time this week to sort out what the problem is with the other shocks. Looks like the finish of several parts is not what it should be.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ebisschop
Got mine from AME directly and not happy at all. Only one out of the four shocks is working properly. Hope I find some time this week to sort out what the problem is with the other shocks. Looks like the finish of several parts is not what it should be.
Same here. My plastic parts needed some extra attention to make everything work fine. Just recheck several times to find the problem. In the end they will work fine, but for that amount of money spent you should get a better quality
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

AME needs to send out free, fixed plastic parts to everybody that bought these shocks.

I'm telling everybody I know to save their money and not buy these. The plastic pieces are so poorly designed the shocks are unusable.

I paid FULL price from AME like an idiot.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are not happy with the quality of the shox. In general I have extremely low complaints (compared to other products I sold when working in a different company) nevertheless I of course am not happy that the quality is not 100%.
To solve these issues I always support the customers with new parts for free and shipping of these parts for free. For the ones I have sold directly I exchange myself and for any products being sold over any of my business partners they will/should exchange/replace the parts.

As Jorge has already written an 3mm A-arm reamer CAN be used to smoothen the shock up. If you do not have this, you can either get hold of one (all Touring car drivers should have one to free up A-arms in there Touring cars.)
If you feel that this should not be, I will if anyone wants to I can send new ones where I personally have used a reamer.

If anyone have any additional questions, please feel free to write it here but try to be brief and accurate in the problem description so that I can give the best possible answer.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
AME needs to send out free, fixed plastic parts to everybody that bought these shocks.

I'm telling everybody I know to save their money and not buy these. The plastic pieces are so poorly designed the shocks are unusable.

I paid FULL price from AME like an idiot.

Hi syndr0me,

I am sorry to hear that you will advice all and any customers NOT to buy my products. Especially since you during the time when you wrote me always said how happy you where with the products. I also recall strongly that I told you at the time that an 3mm arm reamer was needed.

Also, any customer so far that has had any quality issues and wanted a direct replacement of any part has gotten so without any hesitation so I dont understand the irritation telling that everyone should get replacement plastic parts as they would have gotten them if asked, or use a 3mm arm reamer then problem solved.

/Andreas
Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Andreas.

The pieces in my long T-Shox were good, and I was very pleased with them. However, the short set I received for my T4 recent are another story.

I used the arm reamer as others suggested, but that's not the problem. There are two issues:

1. In the bottom of the shock, the plastic piece (not the coned one) is too long. When you tighten the bottom of the shock, it compresses the o-ring and binds up the movement of the shock shaft.

2. The holes drilled into the pistons are too close to the edge. This pushes the material out so that the piston is no longer round. Take one that's on a shaft and spin it in your fingers, you can clearly feel the "bumps" left behind from the drilling. This causes the piston to rub the inside of the shock body and again binds up the movement.

I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is to pay so much money for these shocks through your online store only to find out they're nearly $100 cheaper on RCMarket. And then, to have them be unusable when they finally make the long journey across the world.

For what it's worth, the other set of T4 shocks I saw at our track last week were also completely bound up and unusable, leading me to believe the problems I'm experiencing are not isolated to my parts.

Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg
Hi syndr0me,

I am sorry to hear that you will advice all and any customers NOT to buy my products. Especially since you during the time when you wrote me always said how happy you where with the products. I also recall strongly that I told you at the time that an 3mm arm reamer was needed.

Also, any customer so far that has had any quality issues and wanted a direct replacement of any part has gotten so without any hesitation so I dont understand the irritation telling that everyone should get replacement plastic parts as they would have gotten them if asked, or use a 3mm arm reamer then problem solved.

/Andreas
Old 01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Andreas.

The pieces in my long T-Shox were good, and I was very pleased with them. However, the short set I received for my T4 recent are another story.

I used the arm reamer as others suggested, but that's not the problem. There are two issues:

1. In the bottom of the shock, the plastic piece (not the coned one) is too long. When you tighten the bottom of the shock, it compresses the o-ring and binds up the movement of the shock shaft.

2. The holes drilled into the pistons are too close to the edge. This pushes the material out so that the piston is no longer round. Take one that's on a shaft and spin it in your fingers, you can clearly feel the "bumps" left behind from the drilling. This causes the piston to rub the inside of the shock body and again binds up the movement.

I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is to pay so much money for these shocks through your online store only to find out they're nearly $100 cheaper on RCMarket. And then, to have them be unusable when they finally make the long journey across the world.

For what it's worth, the other set of T4 shocks I saw at our track last week were also completely bound up and unusable, leading me to believe the problems I'm experiencing are not isolated to my parts.

1. This can not be or at least should not be. The parts are identical in the bottom to the "long" version. Also all the ones I have build this has not yet been any issue at all. Does it apply on all 4 shocks? Is the coned shim inserted the correct way (I know but I have to ask). If still could you measure the bottom shim for me please?

2. This should also not be any issue since they are also identical to the previous model. If you want, I can of course send new ones. However if possible please try with the piston from the "long" shock and if possible let me know if there is any difference.

One last question. Does the "top guidance and shockbody cover" clip easy into the shock body or is it extremely tight? I have had 2 customers so far with this issue (extremely tight) that it does not fit properly thus making the shock shaft stick a lot.
If this happens the entrance of the shock body, on the inside edge, needs to be slightly grinded.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Andreas, a couple of quick questions...

can you tell me when the long shocks will be back in stock?
I am assuming it is the long shocks I need for my TC6.1?
do the long shocks come with rebound springs?
do you have a UK distributor or do I jut order directly from your site?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoyle
Andreas, a couple of quick questions...

can you tell me when the long shocks will be back in stock?
I am assuming it is the long shocks I need for my TC6.1?
do the long shocks come with rebound springs?
do you have a UK distributor or do I jut order directly from your site?
Hi,

I will have long TET-01 in stock again in maximum 2 weeks.
Yes these are the ones you need for the TC6.1.
4 types of rebound springs are included in the long shock set.
In the Short, 2 rebound springs are included.

I dont have any official distributor in the UK, some shops. You can buy at Chubbiescarshack or directly over my onlineshop. Either is fine.

/Andreas
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I will have long TET-01 in stock again in maximum 2 weeks.
Yes these are the ones you need for the TC6.1.
4 types of rebound springs are included in the long shock set.
In the Short, 2 rebound springs are included.

I dont have any official distributor in the UK, some shops. You can buy at Chubbiescarshack or directly over my onlineshop. Either is fine.

/Andreas
Thanks for the quick response... I will watch your site and chubbies for them coming back into stock.

Stephen
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Thanks for the quick response... I will watch your site and chubbies for them coming back into stock.

Stephen
i am hope to have normal and short back in stock in next 10 day latest week before winter national were i will be here all weekend
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are not happy with the quality of the shox. In general I have extremely low complaints (compared to other products I sold when working in a different company) nevertheless I of course am not happy that the quality is not 100%.
To solve these issues I always support the customers with new parts for free and shipping of these parts for free. For the ones I have sold directly I exchange myself and for any products being sold over any of my business partners they will/should exchange/replace the parts.

As Jorge has already written an 3mm A-arm reamer CAN be used to smoothen the shock up. If you do not have this, you can either get hold of one (all Touring car drivers should have one to free up A-arms in there Touring cars.)
If you feel that this should not be, I will if anyone wants to I can send new ones where I personally have used a reamer.

If anyone have any additional questions, please feel free to write it here but try to be brief and accurate in the problem description so that I can give the best possible answer.

Originally Posted by Nico'
before having their answer I wrote a message to Andreas Myberg and RC Market,
I' ll tell you what they will answer.
this is the message, sorry for my English:

"Hi RC Market, Hi Andreas Myberg,

I write this letter at the same time to Andreas Myberg (boss of AME-T-shox) and to RC market, where I bought T shox (this is below my order).

I writte to you this message because I received my T shox yesterday and to be honest I am disappointed by the quality,

1/ some parts were missing, as the conical slices 10042 where 4 were present instead of 8 and one white 10050 was defective totally as bad molded.

Fortunately that I had also ordered spare parts, thanks to them I was able to go up my shock.

But please I would like to receive what must be contained in the kit, so thank you for sending it to me.

2/ Then by going up them, I discovered that the passages of piston in the bodies of aluminium shock absorbers were not clean and were sharp with aluminium parts and risked to line the piston.
I have filed these passages with a very soft round file.

3/ Then a shock absorber with a color darker than the others (why?) has his threading down slightly of fault, where screws the part 10004, what puts in constraint parts 10042 and 10041 and restrains completely the shock absorber.

4/ In one shock cap, the diameter of hole for 10050 is too small, so I needed to file a little bit to solve that.

What is necessary it to make please for all these various concerns?

Better greetings,

Nicolas Rouland"
Hi Andreas and thank you a lot for your reply in this forum.

1/ First OK I will buy and use a reamer quickly.

2/ I have just one question please: I read before building shox a reamer can be used so I tried to put guidance parts on shaft and they were free.

Problem arrived when screwing 100042 caps, I screw very gentle and the more I screw the more hard was the move of the shaft, especially on body where the cork 10004 screws just a little fault.

3/ then for this, and for missing parts 10042, or defective 10050, who should replace the parts please? you or RC market?
Please tell me, because I send the same message as quote to you and to RC market at the time and I don't know who is supposed to solve the problem please?

best regards and thank you for your reactivity,

Nicolas Rouland
Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Nico, i think it should be rcmarket to stand behind warranty of the products they sell and then rcmarket should solve the problem with AME. This for sure should be the normal way, as any other transaction in your normal life.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Andreas.

Hello Syndr0me,

I agree and found the same problems.
- In the bottom shock the plastic shim is a little to thick and it binds up the movement.
What i did i using a piece of fine sandpaper and made the shim 1.85mm instead of 2.05mm.
- If the pistons bind because off the drilling, i don't know. I will check next rebuild.
- The silicone o-rings are realy weak, i ordered from a different brand and will try them next week.
- Schock filled with AE 350cst feels like my Xray-shock with 500-600 cst?

I had also a problem withe one of my top-caps, this piece was a liitle thinner then the other ones.
When mounting this piece on my shock-tower it has a lot off play.
@ Andreas: I send you a e-mail about this problem, please can you reply, thanks.

Eric.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

2 x practically brand new sets of long T-shox with all hardware

Will now ship world wide for free!

see here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...l#post11721676

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.