R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #226
Tech Adept
 
Spillertwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 240
Default

Hello Andreas
What are the spring rates for all the different springs for carpet and asphalt?
I have the complete set and would like to compare with yokomo and hpi spring rates.
Spillertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #227
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillertwo View Post
Hello Andreas
What are the spring rates for all the different springs for carpet and asphalt?
I have the complete set and would like to compare with yokomo and hpi spring rates.
+1
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #228
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,545
Default

Red - a little softer than the old 2.4's
Yellow - similar to 2.5's
Green, slightly softer than the old 2.8's
Blue - slightly harder than 2.9

These are not scientifically tested numbers by the way, just from comparison pushing them against each other etc.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #229
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
+1
+2 ;-)
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #230
Tech Regular
 
spencehotbodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 265
Default

+3
spencehotbodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #231
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

+ 4
__________________
XRAY T4 Hobbywing V3 Sanwa
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #232
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 143
Default

+ 5
Bryan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #233
Tech Apprentice
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 99
Send a message via ICQ to Andreas_Myrberg
Default

Spring rates

In general I dont want to comment on the spring rates as it is extremely difficult to definitely compare different springs to each other, but of course to get an approximate rating is of course possible (when pushing them against each other)

I have designed and developed the springs for a long time and made 2 types.
Carpet Springs (soft and medium)
Asphalt Springs (soft and medium)

I wanted to help drivers who dont know what to use on different surfaces.
I have seen so many people using wrong springs /springrates on so many tracks just because they dont have the knowledge on what to use.

So with my springs it is easy. Use the Carpet ones on Carpet and Asphalt ones on Asphalt.

Very easy

Like with the Xray springs....does people know what to use on the different tracks? No...some of course, but most people don't.
With mine you cant go wrong really.
__________________
AME - IRIS - T-Shox - ORCA
Andreas_Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #234
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico' View Post
3/ then for this, and for missing parts 10042, or defective 10050, who should replace the parts please? you or RC market?
Please tell me, because I send the same message as quote to you and to RC market at the time and I don't know who is supposed to solve the problem please?

best regards and thank you for your reactivity,

Nicolas Rouland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
Hi Nico, i think it should be rcmarket to stand behind warranty of the products they sell and then rcmarket should solve the problem with AME. This for sure should be the normal way, as any other transaction in your normal life.
I think Nicolas lives in France, Andreas in Germany, should be 2 days with normal posting times. Isn't that a lot faster and consumerfriendly than asking Nicolas to contact RC-market (not known for their fast costumerservice...) and hoping they have the needed parts in stock, wich offcourse they won't, so they will have to wait for Andreas to ship it to them... After all, this is clearly a problem for Andreas as he packs the boxes, right?
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #235
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
Spring rates

In general I dont want to comment on the spring rates as it is extremely difficult to definitely compare different springs to each other, but of course to get an approximate rating is of course possible (when pushing them against each other)

I have designed and developed the springs for a long time and made 2 types.
Carpet Springs (soft and medium)
Asphalt Springs (soft and medium)

I wanted to help drivers who dont know what to use on different surfaces.
I have seen so many people using wrong springs /springrates on so many tracks just because they dont have the knowledge on what to use.

So with my springs it is easy. Use the Carpet ones on Carpet and Asphalt ones on Asphalt.

Very easy

Like with the Xray springs....does people know what to use on the different tracks? No...some of course, but most people don't.
With mine you cant go wrong really.

So, what you are implying is that most racers are stupid? Or just uninformed?
Because I find that just the opposite. Most drivers that use aftermarket parts are usually very
Informed as to their setups. The fact that you are not aware or willing to disclose that information makes you sound quite arrogant and will turn many potential customers away.
Well, that and the quality issues that seem to be pushing them away already.
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #236
Tech Addict
 
hana166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I do disagree, I didn't read it that way. Springs can quite difficult to compare like for like for a number of reasons. I find often that people are not sure what spring to run for a given situation. The top drivers do, but often mere mortals like myself are less sure.
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #237
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
I do disagree, I didn't read it that way. Springs can quite difficult to compare like for like for a number of reasons. I find often that people are not sure what spring to run for a given situation. The top drivers do, but often mere mortals like myself are less sure.
Most springs are rated in pounds (how many pounds it takes to compress a spring 1 inch) So by saying use my carpet or asphalt springs and you will be ok is not helping anyone. Its saying your not skilled enough to figure it out and buy my springs. It was and is arrogance on his part. Im not interested in getting into a long debate on springs but a simple answer of the spring rates in pounds or gfm would have probably been satisfactory. Not answering simple questions will chase prospective customers away. I was interested in these shocks however after the statements made I think I will pass.
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #238
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 206
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiBob View Post
Most springs are rated in pounds (how many pounds it takes to compress a spring 1 inch) So by saying use my carpet or asphalt springs and you will be ok is not helping anyone. Its saying your not skilled enough to figure it out and buy my springs. It was and is arrogance on his part. Im not interested in getting into a long debate on springs but a simple answer of the spring rates in pounds or gfm would have probably been satisfactory. Not answering simple questions will chase prospective customers away. I was interested in these shocks however after the statements made I think I will pass.
+1.
I would like to know the spring rates. Thing is, I don't believe he knows!
Gtr r34 m-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #239
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
I think Nicolas lives in France, Andreas in Germany, should be 2 days with normal posting times. Isn't that a lot faster and consumerfriendly than asking Nicolas to contact RC-market (not known for their fast costumerservice...) and hoping they have the needed parts in stock, wich offcourse they won't, so they will have to wait for Andreas to ship it to them... After all, this is clearly a problem for Andreas as he packs the boxes, right?

Hi,

You' re right I leave in France, 50 km away from Germany.

I told you I would tell you the answer to my letter to RC market and Andreas Myberg.
RC market answered me quickly they asked the distributor to send parts to them and then they will send parts to me.
So it should be solved. thanks to them.

I wonder about something on set up given for T4 , some say "use the short hard rebound spring" but in TET-2 box there are short and extra short hard rebound springs and no long rebound springs.
So when people are talking about short spring, are they talking about the shorter one or the really short spring ( so longer than the other one)?

thanks,

Nico'
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #240
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,336
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico' View Post
Hi,

You' re right I leave in France, 50 km away from Germany.

I told you I would tell you the answer to my letter to RC market and Andreas Myberg.
RC market answered me quickly they asked the distributor to send parts to them and then they will send parts to me.
So it should be solved. thanks to them.

I wonder about something on set up given for T4 , some say "use the short hard rebound spring" but in TET-2 box there are short and extra short hard rebound springs and no long rebound springs.
So when people are talking about short spring, are they talking about the shorter one or the really short spring ( so longer than the other one)?

thanks,

Nico'
Did you try the shocks on the t4 yet?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0