R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #211
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 42
Default

Got mine from AME directly and not happy at all. Only one out of the four shocks is working properly. Hope I find some time this week to sort out what the problem is with the other shocks. Looks like the finish of several parts is not what it should be.
__________________
Agama A215 / FX 5K / Kopropo RSX2 Response / Sanwa MT4s
Agama A215E / Team Orion VST2 Pro 1900 / Team Orion Vortex R8.1 Pro / Kopropo RSX2 Response
ebisschop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #212
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisschop View Post
Got mine from AME directly and not happy at all. Only one out of the four shocks is working properly. Hope I find some time this week to sort out what the problem is with the other shocks. Looks like the finish of several parts is not what it should be.
Same here. My plastic parts needed some extra attention to make everything work fine. Just recheck several times to find the problem. In the end they will work fine, but for that amount of money spent you should get a better quality
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #213
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,050
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

AME needs to send out free, fixed plastic parts to everybody that bought these shocks.

I'm telling everybody I know to save their money and not buy these. The plastic pieces are so poorly designed the shocks are unusable.

I paid FULL price from AME like an idiot.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #214
Tech Apprentice
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 99
Send a message via ICQ to Andreas_Myrberg
Default

Hi Guys,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are not happy with the quality of the shox. In general I have extremely low complaints (compared to other products I sold when working in a different company) nevertheless I of course am not happy that the quality is not 100%.
To solve these issues I always support the customers with new parts for free and shipping of these parts for free. For the ones I have sold directly I exchange myself and for any products being sold over any of my business partners they will/should exchange/replace the parts.

As Jorge has already written an 3mm A-arm reamer CAN be used to smoothen the shock up. If you do not have this, you can either get hold of one (all Touring car drivers should have one to free up A-arms in there Touring cars.)
If you feel that this should not be, I will if anyone wants to I can send new ones where I personally have used a reamer.

If anyone have any additional questions, please feel free to write it here but try to be brief and accurate in the problem description so that I can give the best possible answer.
__________________
AME - IRIS - T-Shox - ORCA
Andreas_Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #215
Tech Apprentice
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 99
Send a message via ICQ to Andreas_Myrberg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
AME needs to send out free, fixed plastic parts to everybody that bought these shocks.

I'm telling everybody I know to save their money and not buy these. The plastic pieces are so poorly designed the shocks are unusable.

I paid FULL price from AME like an idiot.

Hi syndr0me,

I am sorry to hear that you will advice all and any customers NOT to buy my products. Especially since you during the time when you wrote me always said how happy you where with the products. I also recall strongly that I told you at the time that an 3mm arm reamer was needed.

Also, any customer so far that has had any quality issues and wanted a direct replacement of any part has gotten so without any hesitation so I dont understand the irritation telling that everyone should get replacement plastic parts as they would have gotten them if asked, or use a 3mm arm reamer then problem solved.

/Andreas
__________________
AME - IRIS - T-Shox - ORCA
Andreas_Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #216
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,050
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hi Andreas.

The pieces in my long T-Shox were good, and I was very pleased with them. However, the short set I received for my T4 recent are another story.

I used the arm reamer as others suggested, but that's not the problem. There are two issues:

1. In the bottom of the shock, the plastic piece (not the coned one) is too long. When you tighten the bottom of the shock, it compresses the o-ring and binds up the movement of the shock shaft.

2. The holes drilled into the pistons are too close to the edge. This pushes the material out so that the piston is no longer round. Take one that's on a shaft and spin it in your fingers, you can clearly feel the "bumps" left behind from the drilling. This causes the piston to rub the inside of the shock body and again binds up the movement.

I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is to pay so much money for these shocks through your online store only to find out they're nearly $100 cheaper on RCMarket. And then, to have them be unusable when they finally make the long journey across the world.

For what it's worth, the other set of T4 shocks I saw at our track last week were also completely bound up and unusable, leading me to believe the problems I'm experiencing are not isolated to my parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
Hi syndr0me,

I am sorry to hear that you will advice all and any customers NOT to buy my products. Especially since you during the time when you wrote me always said how happy you where with the products. I also recall strongly that I told you at the time that an 3mm arm reamer was needed.

Also, any customer so far that has had any quality issues and wanted a direct replacement of any part has gotten so without any hesitation so I dont understand the irritation telling that everyone should get replacement plastic parts as they would have gotten them if asked, or use a 3mm arm reamer then problem solved.

/Andreas
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #217
Tech Apprentice
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 99
Send a message via ICQ to Andreas_Myrberg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Hi Andreas.

The pieces in my long T-Shox were good, and I was very pleased with them. However, the short set I received for my T4 recent are another story.

I used the arm reamer as others suggested, but that's not the problem. There are two issues:

1. In the bottom of the shock, the plastic piece (not the coned one) is too long. When you tighten the bottom of the shock, it compresses the o-ring and binds up the movement of the shock shaft.

2. The holes drilled into the pistons are too close to the edge. This pushes the material out so that the piston is no longer round. Take one that's on a shaft and spin it in your fingers, you can clearly feel the "bumps" left behind from the drilling. This causes the piston to rub the inside of the shock body and again binds up the movement.

I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is to pay so much money for these shocks through your online store only to find out they're nearly $100 cheaper on RCMarket. And then, to have them be unusable when they finally make the long journey across the world.

For what it's worth, the other set of T4 shocks I saw at our track last week were also completely bound up and unusable, leading me to believe the problems I'm experiencing are not isolated to my parts.

1. This can not be or at least should not be. The parts are identical in the bottom to the "long" version. Also all the ones I have build this has not yet been any issue at all. Does it apply on all 4 shocks? Is the coned shim inserted the correct way (I know but I have to ask). If still could you measure the bottom shim for me please?

2. This should also not be any issue since they are also identical to the previous model. If you want, I can of course send new ones. However if possible please try with the piston from the "long" shock and if possible let me know if there is any difference.

One last question. Does the "top guidance and shockbody cover" clip easy into the shock body or is it extremely tight? I have had 2 customers so far with this issue (extremely tight) that it does not fit properly thus making the shock shaft stick a lot.
If this happens the entrance of the shock body, on the inside edge, needs to be slightly grinded.
__________________
AME - IRIS - T-Shox - ORCA
Andreas_Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #218
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 455
Default

Andreas, a couple of quick questions...

can you tell me when the long shocks will be back in stock?
I am assuming it is the long shocks I need for my TC6.1?
do the long shocks come with rebound springs?
do you have a UK distributor or do I jut order directly from your site?
__________________
Web Site: http://www.rcracingreviews.net
Sponsors: XFactoryUK | Serpent UK | Modeltune
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #219
Tech Apprentice
 
Andreas_Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Weinstadt, Germany
Posts: 99
Send a message via ICQ to Andreas_Myrberg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
Andreas, a couple of quick questions...

can you tell me when the long shocks will be back in stock?
I am assuming it is the long shocks I need for my TC6.1?
do the long shocks come with rebound springs?
do you have a UK distributor or do I jut order directly from your site?
Hi,

I will have long TET-01 in stock again in maximum 2 weeks.
Yes these are the ones you need for the TC6.1.
4 types of rebound springs are included in the long shock set.
In the Short, 2 rebound springs are included.

I dont have any official distributor in the UK, some shops. You can buy at Chubbiescarshack or directly over my onlineshop. Either is fine.

/Andreas
__________________
AME - IRIS - T-Shox - ORCA
Andreas_Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #220
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
Hi,

I will have long TET-01 in stock again in maximum 2 weeks.
Yes these are the ones you need for the TC6.1.
4 types of rebound springs are included in the long shock set.
In the Short, 2 rebound springs are included.

I dont have any official distributor in the UK, some shops. You can buy at Chubbiescarshack or directly over my onlineshop. Either is fine.

/Andreas
Thanks for the quick response... I will watch your site and chubbies for them coming back into stock.

Stephen
__________________
Web Site: http://www.rcracingreviews.net
Sponsors: XFactoryUK | Serpent UK | Modeltune
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #221
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
Thanks for the quick response... I will watch your site and chubbies for them coming back into stock.

Stephen
i am hope to have normal and short back in stock in next 10 day latest week before winter national were i will be here all weekend
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #222
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_Myrberg View Post
Hi Guys,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are not happy with the quality of the shox. In general I have extremely low complaints (compared to other products I sold when working in a different company) nevertheless I of course am not happy that the quality is not 100%.
To solve these issues I always support the customers with new parts for free and shipping of these parts for free. For the ones I have sold directly I exchange myself and for any products being sold over any of my business partners they will/should exchange/replace the parts.

As Jorge has already written an 3mm A-arm reamer CAN be used to smoothen the shock up. If you do not have this, you can either get hold of one (all Touring car drivers should have one to free up A-arms in there Touring cars.)
If you feel that this should not be, I will if anyone wants to I can send new ones where I personally have used a reamer.

If anyone have any additional questions, please feel free to write it here but try to be brief and accurate in the problem description so that I can give the best possible answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico' View Post
before having their answer I wrote a message to Andreas Myberg and RC Market,
I' ll tell you what they will answer.
this is the message, sorry for my English:

"Hi RC Market, Hi Andreas Myberg,

I write this letter at the same time to Andreas Myberg (boss of AME-T-shox) and to RC market, where I bought T shox (this is below my order).

I writte to you this message because I received my T shox yesterday and to be honest I am disappointed by the quality,

1/ some parts were missing, as the conical slices 10042 where 4 were present instead of 8 and one white 10050 was defective totally as bad molded.

Fortunately that I had also ordered spare parts, thanks to them I was able to go up my shock.

But please I would like to receive what must be contained in the kit, so thank you for sending it to me.

2/ Then by going up them, I discovered that the passages of piston in the bodies of aluminium shock absorbers were not clean and were sharp with aluminium parts and risked to line the piston.
I have filed these passages with a very soft round file.

3/ Then a shock absorber with a color darker than the others (why?) has his threading down slightly of fault, where screws the part 10004, what puts in constraint parts 10042 and 10041 and restrains completely the shock absorber.

4/ In one shock cap, the diameter of hole for 10050 is too small, so I needed to file a little bit to solve that.

What is necessary it to make please for all these various concerns?

Better greetings,

Nicolas Rouland"
Hi Andreas and thank you a lot for your reply in this forum.

1/ First OK I will buy and use a reamer quickly.

2/ I have just one question please: I read before building shox a reamer can be used so I tried to put guidance parts on shaft and they were free.

Problem arrived when screwing 100042 caps, I screw very gentle and the more I screw the more hard was the move of the shaft, especially on body where the cork 10004 screws just a little fault.

3/ then for this, and for missing parts 10042, or defective 10050, who should replace the parts please? you or RC market?
Please tell me, because I send the same message as quote to you and to RC market at the time and I don't know who is supposed to solve the problem please?

best regards and thank you for your reactivity,

Nicolas Rouland
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #223
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 541
Default

Hi Nico, i think it should be rcmarket to stand behind warranty of the products they sell and then rcmarket should solve the problem with AME. This for sure should be the normal way, as any other transaction in your normal life.
__________________
Team AME/ORCA
https://www.facebook.com/strawberryrcdesigns
http://www.strawberryrcdesigns.pt/
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #224
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Hi Andreas.

The pieces in my long T-Shox were good, and I was very pleased with them. However, the short set I received for my T4 recent are another story.

I used the arm reamer as others suggested, but that's not the problem. There are two issues:

1. In the bottom of the shock, the plastic piece (not the coned one) is too long. When you tighten the bottom of the shock, it compresses the o-ring and binds up the movement of the shock shaft.

2. The holes drilled into the pistons are too close to the edge. This pushes the material out so that the piston is no longer round. Take one that's on a shaft and spin it in your fingers, you can clearly feel the "bumps" left behind from the drilling. This causes the piston to rub the inside of the shock body and again binds up the movement.

I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it is to pay so much money for these shocks through your online store only to find out they're nearly $100 cheaper on RCMarket. And then, to have them be unusable when they finally make the long journey across the world.

For what it's worth, the other set of T4 shocks I saw at our track last week were also completely bound up and unusable, leading me to believe the problems I'm experiencing are not isolated to my parts.
Hello Syndr0me,

I agree and found the same problems.
- In the bottom shock the plastic shim is a little to thick and it binds up the movement.
What i did i using a piece of fine sandpaper and made the shim 1.85mm instead of 2.05mm.
- If the pistons bind because off the drilling, i don't know. I will check next rebuild.
- The silicone o-rings are realy weak, i ordered from a different brand and will try them next week.
- Schock filled with AE 350cst feels like my Xray-shock with 500-600 cst?

I had also a problem withe one of my top-caps, this piece was a liitle thinner then the other ones.
When mounting this piece on my shock-tower it has a lot off play.
@ Andreas: I send you a e-mail about this problem, please can you reply, thanks.

Eric.
Bresser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #225
Tech Regular
 
Velocitygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

2 x practically brand new sets of long T-shox with all hardware

Will now ship world wide for free!

see here
**T-SHOX**
__________________
Scorpion Power Systems | Awesomatix | WTF Fans
Velocitygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0