R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

And then fit some electronics into it.
If you really good at making things smaller u maybe be able to stuff it into a 10th scale but i doubt it. 1/8th is more realistic. I have problems fitting normal size electronics into an F1 1/10 lol
Design Of Things !!!
iPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
Tech Adept

I don't know much about turbines, but I thought they had to spin fairly fast. Might need a really good clutch system or automatic type transmission. In the links above, those engines were all spinning like 20k plus rpm, at idle. That is a pretty nasty clutch drop, and easing into it seems like a smoked clutch waiting to happen. It has to be possible, tractor pullers have done it for decades in full scale, and iirc I have seen a scale one on youtube somewhere. Perhaps with a deep gear reduction before the clutch, things would be more sane.

edit:found it
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
jrspruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That is a brave quest building this car with a scale look in such a small size. After you have a plan which parts you want to use, I would concentrate on a 3D model of the body. Even though the X1 looks like offering a lot of space, it is very narrow. Build a cheap paper or styrol mock up to get aware of the real space.

I build a quite extraordinary TC using a lot of TC6 parts (simulated everything in CAD) and still burnt around 1500 in total. Your project looks much more difficult plus you have to do all the tools for the complicated body form. Don't underestimate the costs (maybe around 2000 and more)...
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote