R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Alloy gear set for Spec R diff (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/648429-alloy-gear-set-spec-r-diff.html)

GSM Storm 07-23-2012 08:22 PM

Alloy gear set for Spec R diff

Hi

Looking for someone that can make a alloy gear set for a Spec R diff, the original gears just don't hold to to racing mod on a track that has good grip and hard braking.

I will send a original gear set to any were in the world, just need to find someone that can make them.

Regards
Gary

GP40X 07-23-2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by GSM Storm (Post 11009918)
Hi

Looking for someone that can make a alloy gear set for a Spec R diff, the original gears just don't hold to to racing mod on a track that has good grip and hard braking.

I will send a original gear set to any were in the world, just need to find someone that can make them.

Regards
Gary

Have you tried the carbon fiber replacement gears?

GSM Storm 07-23-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by GP40X (Post 11010005)
Have you tried the carbon fiber replacement gears?

Yea , have spent a lot of time with emails back and forward with spec R, the slot gets indented by the pin on Acceleration and brake, and have even snapped the main gear in half, the material is not correct for the job, from what I can see there is no carbon fiber in that material, but it is the best they can get, if you look at the Xray gears there is a fiber in that material. For stock and slower classes or in low grip conditions they are fine but not in Mod.

Regards
Gary

andrewdoherty 07-23-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by GSM Storm (Post 11009918)
Hi

Regards
Gary

I built several Xray gear diffs before Xray released theirs. I had to modify NT1 diffs and used aftermarket light weight gears and pins, leaving me with extra steel gears. I have a Spec R 38t gear diff on it's way coincidentally. I'll see if the steel gears from the NT1 work in the SpecR. If I don't post, PM me in a week or two and remind me, and I'll tell you what happened...

AWD

VooDooPH 07-23-2012 10:06 PM

i have a 3 gear diffs for my 417... specR, tamiya, and 3racing

specR - nt1 gears wont fit
tamiya - nt1 gears wont fit
3racing - nt1 gears fit

GSM Storm 07-23-2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty (Post 11010287)
I built several Xray gear diffs before Xray released theirs. I had to modify NT1 diffs and used aftermarket light weight gears and pins, leaving me with extra steel gears. I have a Spec R 38t gear diff on it's way coincidentally. I'll see if the steel gears from the NT1 work in the SpecR. If I don't post, PM me in a week or two and remind me, and I'll tell you what happened...

AWD

Hi Mate
No the NT1 gears won't fit in the spec R case and the NT1 diff won't fit in the Schumacher :cry:

I have a TA05 Tamiya gear diff coming that looks like it may fit, will need to make some new outdrives and change the front spool pulley to Tamiya as well, but would like to get some alloy gears made so I can just use the spec R case that is made for the Schumacher.

Regards
Gary

andrewdoherty 07-23-2012 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by GSM Storm (Post 11010312)
Hi Mate
No the NT1 gears won't fit in the spec R case and the NT1 diff won't fit in the Schumacher :cry:

I have a TA05 Tamiya gear diff coming that looks like it may fit, will need to make some new outdrives and change the front spool pulley to Tamiya as well, but would like to get some alloy gears made so I can just use the spec R case that is made for the Schumacher.

Regards
Gary

Originally Posted by VooDooPH (Post 11010300)
i have a 3 gear diffs for my 417... specR, tamiya, and 3racing

specR - nt1 gears wont fit
tamiya - nt1 gears wont fit
3racing - nt1 gears fit

Bummer. Thanks for the info. :)

R1wurks 07-24-2012 11:08 AM

are you using it with putty?

GSM Storm 07-24-2012 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by R1wurks (Post 11012147)
are you using it with putty?

No, 1000wt to 2000wt diff oil

Regards
Gary