Wiki Posts
Search

What is the BEST esc for 17.5 blinky

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default What is the BEST esc for 17.5 blinky

What is the BEST esc for 17.5 blinky, Im tired using all this expensive esc like LRP and Tekin, bought a new LRP TC Spec and just stop on me couple of weeks ago, and now my tekin rs start acting up
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Novak gtb2 with Xdrive ! Simple, robust, no cheating ! Only $115 (half the other's price), and runs cooler......
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I bought a brushless hobbies esc for 70 shipped. It's basically the same as hobbywing ezrun 120 amp only for half the price. Some had issues with the lt4 but just get the first gen like mine. I have had my hobby wings for 2 years and at times I've ran them 1-3 times a week without a single issue
Old 08-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Novak gtb2 with Xdrive ! Simple, robust, no cheating ! Only $115 (half the other's price), and runs cooler......

Spec look promising , Thanks

Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control w/X-Drive
[NOV1749] Low Price: $114.99

This item earns up to 115
Customer Rewards Points!

With your purchase, receive at no cost:

In Stock!
Free Shipping Eligible!
(See Details)

Wish List!Wish List!
Buy Now!Buy Now!

This is the Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control. Novak’s original GTB, and its successor the GTB 2, have been staples at race tracks all over the world. The GTB 2 platform offers the perfect ESC for almost any class of racing from local Sportsman club racing, to Pro Modified 4X4 Short Course, to any form of on-road racing. The GTB 2 excels in the non-ramping/non-timing Spec Classes and can easily handle the demands of modified 540 and 550-sized motors. It has no built-in timing or motor-ramping features so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks, the GTB 2 is Spec Legal!

Novak X-Drive™ has arrived in a major way, and is taking the racing world by storm! This technology has been added to the tried-and-true GTB 2 platform, and is here to stay. Customers and team drivers who have used X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons report a noticeable performance advantage. This update not only makes your speed control more efficient, it may very well make you faster and put you on the podium!

WHAT IS X-DRIVE™?

Novak-developed X-Drive™ is the newest motor-firing technology. This revolutionary firmware and hardware delivers unmatched performance and provides:
Unparalleled throttle response
Smooth and controlled braking
Cooler operating temperatures
Faster lap times
More power for nearly all applications
LOADED WITH FEATURES
The GTB 2 w/X-Drive has everything you need. If you want to fine-tune the feel and response of the ESC, there are 9 on-board adjustments using the One-Touch button. There is no complicated PC programming or use of external programming devices. The GTB 2X w/X-Drive also features NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous and unbelievably smooth brake response for every application. In addition to thermal protection, the GTB 2 w/X-Drive has on-board temperature monitoring circuitry. Racers can check their ESC’s temperature during or after each run.

Features:

Designed specifically for all forms of 1/10th scale racing
Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
Nine adjustable parameters to maximum performance on the track: Minimum Brake (10 settings), Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Brake End-Point (10 settings), and Drive Frequency (10 settings). Interface also features Reverse Disable and Motor Rotation
Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition
Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
Robust, 3-amp, true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications
Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
Cross-cut ESC heat sink (#1749 model) for reduced weight and efficient cooling
Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Specifications:
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH
Footprint: 1.16x1.47” (29.5x37.3 mm)
Height: 0.97” (24.6mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.29 oz. (36.6g)
On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensored; 550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensored
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5 multi-colored

*NOTE: For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or a receiver booster such as Novak's #5477 1S Booster Module must be used.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
This. And no one can accuse you of cheating by running timing.

My 1s car always makes more power on the dyno with the Novak product. What that has to do with 2s I can't say because I don't know.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

how is the hobbywing x3erun v3?
I noticed a local fast guy swapped his LRp fo it the end of last season?

IS their a big difference between the top vendors(lrp, tekin, novak?)
with just blinky?>
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

V3 is very good speedo, does pretty much everything bar make the tea for you... But if your only going to run blinky, then I can recommend the Justock or Extreme stock.
Justock is like the GTB2, a blinky only esc (can't load timing software to it), whilst the extreme is timing enabled, but can put the blinky software on no problem. Plus, the Justock is only $65, and the Extreme $101, both from CRC..

HiH
Ed
Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have had great luck with my Speed Passion Cirtix. Blinky only ESC, you can adjust drag brake and lipo cutoff that is it.

I just started using the Brushless Hobbies LT4, One in my 2wd SCT and the other in my F104. So far it has been a great smooth running ESC. You cannot beat the price and Brushless Hobbies is in Oklahoma.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just started back to touring cars after 5 years and use the Mamba Max Pro set in blinky mode. It had as much rip and top end as any of the better guys but they just have a better overall setup and drive better with that setup but punch, speed and topend is not what I'm lacking.

Plus this speedo has room to grow with you and is capable of running in any class you decide to race because it has every feature from blinky, to boost, to torque control and so on. Price they can be found for under 120 bucks. I didn't have any problems getting it in my new VBC Wildfire.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd
I just started back to touring cars after 5 years and use the Mamba Max Pro set in blinky mode. It had as much rip and top end as any of the better guys but they just have a better overall setup and drive better with that setup but punch, speed and topend is not what I'm lacking.

Plus this speedo has room to grow with you and is capable of running in any class you decide to race because it has every feature from blinky, to boost, to torque control and so on. Price they can be found for under 120 bucks. I didn't have any problems getting it in my new VBC Wildfire.
+1 on the mmp

what settings are you running in blinky
like batt power..throttle curve..punch..stuff like that
thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liteweight
Spec look promising , Thanks

Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control w/X-Drive
[NOV1749] Low Price: $114.99

This item earns up to 115
Customer Rewards Points!

With your purchase, receive at no cost:

In Stock!
Free Shipping Eligible!
(See Details)

Wish List!Wish List!
Buy Now!Buy Now!

This is the Novak GTB 2 Racing Brushless Electronic Speed Control. Novak’s original GTB, and its successor the GTB 2, have been staples at race tracks all over the world. The GTB 2 platform offers the perfect ESC for almost any class of racing from local Sportsman club racing, to Pro Modified 4X4 Short Course, to any form of on-road racing. The GTB 2 excels in the non-ramping/non-timing Spec Classes and can easily handle the demands of modified 540 and 550-sized motors. It has no built-in timing or motor-ramping features so there is no need to worry about firmware versions, lights or blinks, the GTB 2 is Spec Legal!

Novak X-Drive™ has arrived in a major way, and is taking the racing world by storm! This technology has been added to the tried-and-true GTB 2 platform, and is here to stay. Customers and team drivers who have used X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons report a noticeable performance advantage. This update not only makes your speed control more efficient, it may very well make you faster and put you on the podium!

WHAT IS X-DRIVE™?

Novak-developed X-Drive™ is the newest motor-firing technology. This revolutionary firmware and hardware delivers unmatched performance and provides:
Unparalleled throttle response
Smooth and controlled braking
Cooler operating temperatures
Faster lap times
More power for nearly all applications
LOADED WITH FEATURES
The GTB 2 w/X-Drive has everything you need. If you want to fine-tune the feel and response of the ESC, there are 9 on-board adjustments using the One-Touch button. There is no complicated PC programming or use of external programming devices. The GTB 2X w/X-Drive also features NovaBrakes™. This revolutionary braking system provides instantaneous and unbelievably smooth brake response for every application. In addition to thermal protection, the GTB 2 w/X-Drive has on-board temperature monitoring circuitry. Racers can check their ESC’s temperature during or after each run.

Features:

Designed specifically for all forms of 1/10th scale racing
Sensor-based ESC for excellent torque and low-speed driveability
Nine adjustable parameters to maximum performance on the track: Minimum Brake (10 settings), Drag Brake (10 settings), Minimum Drive (10 settings), Dead Band (5 settings), Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Curve (Linear/Expo), Brake Frequency (10 settings), Brake End-Point (10 settings), and Drive Frequency (10 settings). Interface also features Reverse Disable and Motor Rotation
Novak X-Drive™ provides enhanced throttle response, ultra smooth power delivery, higher top speeds, and cooler operating temperatures
NovaBrakes™ provide instantaneous braking under any condition
Novak's One-Touch Set-Up™ for quick and easy transmitter set-up
Robust, 3-amp, true-spec BEC for strong and fast steering response under any condition
Designed to meet ROAR Sportsman Class Racing specifications
Highly water-resistant case with protective silicone gasket seal to help keep out the elements
Built-in Voltage Cut-Off circuitry prevents damage to LiPo/LiFe batteries
On-board diagnostic temperature monitoring that lets you quickly check the ESC's temperature at any time
Thermal overload protection circuitry to protect from overheating
On-board Hall Sensor Test to easily and quickly verify that the motor's sensors are working properly
Cross-cut ESC heat sink (#1749 model) for reduced weight and efficient cooling
Gold-plated direct-solder wiring tabs for flexible soldering options
User-replaceable input and switch harnesses
Carries Team Novak’s commitment to excellent quality, support and warranty (120 days)
Designed and manufactured by Team Novak in Irvine, California using the best components from around the globe. All ESCs are 100% tested to ensure your product works right out of the box and on the track!
Specifications:
Motor Type: Sensored Brushless
Fwd/Brk/Rev: F / B / R
Input Cells: 1*-2S LiPo/LiFe or 4-6 NiMH
Footprint: 1.16x1.47” (29.5x37.3 mm)
Height: 0.97” (24.6mm)
Weight (w/o wires): 1.29 oz. (36.6g)
On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms @ 25°C trans. temp.
Motor Compatibility: 540-Size: 3.5-turn or higher sensored; 550-Size: 4.5-turn or higher sensored
BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
Wire Size: 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
Status LEDs: 5 multi-colored

*NOTE: For 1S applications, a receiver battery pack or a receiver booster such as Novak's #5477 1S Booster Module must be used.
Novak paying you $.05 a word to print this???
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Blinky ???

We are isolated here in Cancun, Mexico. I would like to know what the term "Blinky" refers to or means. I tried Google without any luck.
Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Blinky means no timing or boost on the ESC, think bone stock like old non-programmable brushed ESCs. Blinky refers to the lights on the ESC blinking to allow tech inspection to easily identify if a ESC has any timing or boost added.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom
We are isolated here in Cancun, Mexico. I would like to know what the term "Blinky" refers to or means. I tried Google without any luck.
Thanks
Spec Mode!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

I would use the Speed Passion Cirtix, a proven platform. Great price too. If you want to go a little bit cheaper, go Hobbywing Justock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.