R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Radios (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/64828-radios.html)

axel 02-28-2005 08:54 PM

Radios

Which radio should I consider for my next one. I'm thinking about an m8 but what do you guys think. I'm also looking at the mx-3s, its a 3channel and its cheaper. also there is ex-10 helios. and the 3pk, but i don't see anyone using that one.

Soviet 02-28-2005 08:59 PM

All of them are great radios. None is better than the other. Simply try holding them all and pick the one that you find the most comfortable and has the right price.

ntc3freak 02-28-2005 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Soviet
All of them are great radios. None is better than the other. Simply try holding them all and pick the one that you find the most comfortable and has the right price.

:nod: :nod: but i reccomend the helios:D

BlackKat 02-28-2005 09:01 PM

Another radio I'd suggest in the price range of the MX-3 is the JR XR3. They are similar in price and features, just feels different. Check it out at your LHS and see which one feels better to you

The 3pk and Helios are generally new to the market. A top-end FM radio is usually a one-time purchase (if done right) If they'd come out a few years earlier you'd see a lot more of them. I encourage you to look at the Helios if you have the bank (reason I don't have one :D , its nice!)

Desolas 02-28-2005 10:12 PM

XS3 is a good inexpensive radio, if you can afford it though I'd vote for any radio with a removable RF-module so you can upgrade to the spektrum dsm module.

axel 03-01-2005 09:13 PM

Well the m8 seems to be a popular radio. Its been going strong for 7 years or so.

gee-dub 03-02-2005 12:59 AM

(internet) rumor is that sanwa/airtronics will release a replacement for the m8 late this year.

here is my thought on a radio.... if you plan on being in the hobby for the foreseeable future and you race, invest in a good radio. the radio is one of those few items that you will use every single time you hit the track. more than likely, it will outlast your car, batteries, chargers and speed control.

also, many of your higher end models keep a decent resale value (depending on where technology takes us in the near future, this could always change).

speedaddict 03-02-2005 01:16 PM

Originally posted by gee-dub
(internet) rumor is that sanwa/airtronics will release a replacement for the m8 late this year.

Any idea where I can find more info about the new M8? I've looked everywhere but it's hard to do a search for it when you can't type in "M8" into the search box. lol

axel 03-02-2005 08:16 PM

wow! so once the new radio comes out will the m8 go chepear?

ChadCapece 03-02-2005 08:20 PM

I've been using the JR XS3 since summer. It is a great radio, very light, enough room for the bigger hand racers (unlike the M8), synthesized, glitch-free, more than enough tuning options, and it comes with two high-end servos.

racer034life 03-03-2005 09:49 PM

can you use a m-8 micro revicer with the mx-3 or with a cx2p

403forbidden 03-03-2005 10:28 PM

Originally posted by racer034life
can you use a m-8 micro revicer with the mx-3 or with a cx2p
yes as long as the band (AM or FM) and frequency matches

Pro4 03-04-2005 05:06 AM

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
I've been using the JR XS3 since summer. It is a great radio, very light, enough room for the bigger hand racers (unlike the M8), synthesized, glitch-free, more than enough tuning options, and it comes with two high-end servos.
It comes with 2x JR577 servos. These are the equivalent to Futaba S3003 (standard servo)

ChadCapece 03-04-2005 07:05 AM

You are incorrect. Each XS3 system includes one Z590M metal gear servo and one Z270 servo. The metal gear is more than enogh torque, and the 270 is perfect for stock touring or throttle. The thread starter is talking about the North American radios. You might get those 577 servos in Australia. BTW How do those Harris cells run? Scott is sending me some cells in the next few days, for major races, but I won't have time to test them.