3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 08-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FoiVoS_
My flysky gt3c transmitter is broken ... the spring inside it's steering wheel is broken and the wheel wont return on it's neutral position ... I am off cs drifting until i fix it or they send me new .. Now working on pop-up headlights for my 180sx yokomo body , any tips or ideas from 180sx users ?
I've seen it done on AE86...make a wire to tie both pop up headlights together and a micro servo to control them.
Search either csjunkies or driftmission forums
Old 08-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Installed a whole bunch of alloy and graphite options over the past few days. Also received my speed passion reventon pro and yeah racing hackmoto 13.5t and installed and configured last night!

This chassis is soooooo much better with the right things!

The steering column is a tad wobbly though. Any pointers? I remember reading about changing the bearings for larger ones, but can't find that infor anymore
Old 08-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Alloy C Hub install

I have installed the alloy C Hubs from 3 Racing, when I screw in the grub screw that holds the hinge pin in the lower control arm, it does not hold the pin in place, anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Last edited by gerritcoetzee; 08-30-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Selling my Sakura D3 CS Sport.... among other things
LINK!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sunkist
Installed a whole bunch of alloy and graphite options over the past few days. Also received my speed passion reventon pro and yeah racing hackmoto 13.5t and installed and configured last night!

This chassis is soooooo much better with the right things!

The steering column is a tad wobbly though. Any pointers? I remember reading about changing the bearings for larger ones, but can't find that infor anymore
Use the Tamiya posts...tighter tolerances. Caseymacgyver used long setscrew then thick washer on top then nylock nut to tighten it down.

Originally Posted by gerritcoetzee
I have installed the alloy C Hubs from 3 Racing, when I screw in the grub screw that holds the hinge pin in the lower control arm, it does not hold the pin in place, anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?
I would grind down a small flat spot in the middle of the pin...just like how you should have done on the CVDs (something for the set screw to bite into then thread lock the set screw sp that it does not back out.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just curious if anyone tried the yeahracing new dampers ? i would like to know if the spring hardness fit the D3 ..
Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Just curious if anyone tried the yeahracing new dampers ? i would like to know if the spring hardness fit the D3 ..
I have a set as spare...just laying around and not installed yet...but they seem good quality. Someone elase at my LHS uses them on his D3 and does not have any complaints. To me, they are a good buy and I just use Tamiya bladders and green slime to prevent leaks. I use those even in cheap shocks and they work GRRRRREAT!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Thinking of getting a drifter to mess around with at the offroad track and home so this kit seems like a good starter, how do you guys like it overall, anything needed right out the box, is it capable if speed runs
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Thinking of getting a drifter to mess around with at the offroad track and home so this kit seems like a good starter, how do you guys like it overall, anything needed right out the box, is it capable if speed runs
It's a superb drift platform but i would never try grip tires on it since the kit comes with a locked rear spool= shredded gears
Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
If you want something that will be able of both speed runs and drifting then no , This kit won't suit you . Generally to adapt it for speed runs you will need some serious modifications . If you want it for drifting then it's very good but to make it driveable ( if you are a starter drifter ) you would need some upgrades right out of the box . Generally you will need a Front One Way Diffrential , And to reduce the cs ratio to around 1.8 by changing the center real pulley ( Stock is 2.14 ) Next you can choose wether you want to upgrade your steering system for 55o degrees or not . If you want to upgrade it then you will need to buy the Aluminum steering system and the Ultra Wide Driveshafts aka UWA . I had my D3 completely stock for about 1 month . It was driftable but with the upgrades mentioned before it will change it to an entire diffrent level .
Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eunique
I have a set as spare...just laying around and not installed yet...but they seem good quality. Someone elase at my LHS uses them on his D3 and does not have any complaints. To me, they are a good buy and I just use Tamiya bladders and green slime to prevent leaks. I use those even in cheap shocks and they work GRRRRREAT!!!!
What exactly do you do with the green slime ?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by specgie
It's a superb drift platform but i would never try grip tires on it since the kit comes with a locked rear spool= shredded gears
If you want something that will be able of both speed runs and drifting then no , This kit won't suit you . Generally to adapt it for speed runs you will need some serious modifications . If you want it for drifting then it's very good but to make it driveable ( if you are a starter drifter ) you would need some upgrades right out of the box . Generally you will need a Front One Way Diffrential , And to reduce the cs ratio to around 1.8 by changing the center real pulley ( Stock is 2.14 ) Next you can choose wether you want to upgrade your steering system for 55o degrees or not . If you want to upgrade it then you will need to buy the Aluminum steering system and the Ultra Wide Driveshafts aka UWA . I had my D3 completely stock for about 1 month . It was driftable but with the upgrades mentioned before it will change it to an entire diffrent level .
Thanks guys, sounds like a good starter drift kit, think I'm going to order 1 in a week or so, I'll keep this as a drifter and go with something in the future for speed

What's the typical electronics for these kits, I like running tekin stuff so maybe a RS and as far as turns I'd assume you don't want too much power for drifting
Old 09-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would suggest a sensored combo with not less than 10T
Old 09-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

What exactly do you do with the green slime ?
The green slime is a coating for the orings...so when you rebuild or reassemble the shocks, coat the bottom orings and spacers with green slime and tighten down the bottom cap...no more leaks (in conjunction with Tamiya shock bladders).
Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys does the tension of a belt affect the torque that is given on the wheels ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.