Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pickled
I use #400 in the front with purple springs and #1300 in the rear with pink springs. the stock front springs are too soft wind down the collars till it sits off the deck, buy some purple/blue springs from 3Racing that will solve the problem
Could you recommend any alternative springs? Because D3 parts is hard to source in my place
Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bennychen
Could you recommend any alternative springs? Because D3 parts is hard to source in my place
here are the springs on the 3racing site order them from there
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi Pickled...I like that TT01 kit that you got for your daughter...it seems like a good bargain.

does that price for the $167 include everything that's in that pic? or just the aluminum upgrades? (the light blue parts)
i'm thinking of getting one for my little boy
Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have my D3CS and had a go drifting it last night. The surface was concrete, the car setup was box stock, and all it wanted to do was donut, very little control. Any setup ideas?

No upgrades (yet)
Alturn cheapy servo
Nosram cheapy brushed ESC
Etronix cheapy 19t motor
Vapextech cheapy 3300mah LiPo
KO Vantage 3 radio with Spektrum module and receiver

Here it is with my Reely Audi RS6 S-Line body, the tyres are the kit sparking ones and wheels are alloy Rota Grid replicas with 7mm of offset, and I used 3mm of shims to make it 200mm; though I won't run it like that as there is literally hardly any thread on the wheelnuts to hold them on . Out of the box though, it has waaaay too much front end grip so it needs some setup work to stop it just doing donuts.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

That Audi is SICK!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
I have my D3CS and had a go drifting it last night. The surface was concrete, the car setup was box stock, and all it wanted to do was donut, very little control. Any setup ideas?

No upgrades (yet)
Alturn cheapy servo
Nosram cheapy brushed ESC
Etronix cheapy 19t motor
Vapextech cheapy 3300mah LiPo
KO Vantage

Here it is with my Reely Audi RS6 S-Line body, the tyres are the kit sparking ones and wheels are alloy Rota Grid replicas with 7mm of offset, and I used 3mm of shims to make it 200mm; though I won't run it like that as there is literally hardly any thread on the wheelnuts to hold them on . Out of the box though, it has waaaay too much front end grip so it needs some setup work to stop it just
Love wagons...
You are going to want some 3racing D3 springs...blue and purple for the front and rear.
Then a LOT of practice. Smooth on the throttle inputs...let the over driven rears do a lot of the work in drifts and watch your steering inputs...don't need a lot of it
And then play with your suspension tweaks..one change at a time and see how it affects the car.
For now, screw down the shock collars to preload the springs. I imagine you don't have a lot of movement with the stock springs.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks

Yeah the front of the chassis is nearly on the ground and there are scuffs on the chassis which suggest its been in contact with the surface. I have some regular TC springs somewhere as I also race a Spec-R, so I might put them on the front and stiffen it up a bit. I'm guessing the kit sparking tyres aren't that great too?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by eunique
hi Pickled...I like that TT01 kit that you got for your daughter...it seems like a good bargain.

does that price for the $167 include everything that's in that pic? or just the aluminum upgrades? (the light blue parts)
i'm thinking of getting one for my little boy
for $167 it comes as a assembled complete chassis kit, just have to add the esc/motor, servo, receiver/transmitter, battery
i just got one to try out, and its pretty good deal for all the cf/aluminum goodies

Old 02-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kotar
for $167 it comes as a assembled complete chassis kit, just have to add the esc/motor, servo, receiver/transmitter, battery
i just got one to try out, and its pretty good deal for all the cf/aluminum goodies

lol yeah it comes complete and ready to go the diff gears are even greased for you lol. but it only has about a max of -5* camber unless you change the turnbuckles but it drifts really well. I stuck my 5.5T in it and turned it down to 45%. it even comes with a pinion gear lol
Old 02-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Am I suppose to replace the stock hard compound tyres if I'm running on smooth tiles? Because the tyres is spinning on ground and the car refused to go
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Am I suppose to replace the stock hard compound tyres if I'm running on smooth tiles? Because the tyres is spinning on ground and the car refused to go
The stock tyres are crap. I use SR-D5's from ebay the fit rims really nice and last for ages on rough concrete or bitumen but you might want a softer compound?

Last edited by pickled; 02-24-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pickled
The stock tyres are crap. I use SR-D5's from ebay the fit rims really nice and last for ages on rough concrete or bitumen but you might want a softer compound?
Please take a look at this video, full throttle and the wheel spin but not moving much forward

Last edited by bennychen; 02-24-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Please take a look at this video, full throttle and the wheel spin but not moving much forward
almost all pvc/abs drift tires will do that, you just have to get used to it and be easy on the throttle.
the only drift tire that doesn't do that (from my experience) and has more grip but still can let you get sideways is the HPI super drift tires, but they are very expensive, and i believe hpi says its for high speed drifting
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just got these HPI super drift tires and rims, it works very well on my smooth ceramic tile flooring, first time playing CS, car keep spinning instead of drifting

Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've only got a limited amount of time drifting my stock D3, but I'm also struggling a bit. What gets me is that after I initiate a drift the back end continues to rotate more than I expect. It makes it particularly difficult to execute transitions.

Granted, I need more practice as this is my first front motored car and it's also my first countersteer car. So the learning curve will undoubtedly be very steep. But it seems the rear springs/oil are really, really stiff. Unless someone suggests why I shouldn't, I was thinking of softening up the rear quite a bit while I get familiar with the car. I'm thinking of softer springs and lighter weight oil.

I have some HPI titanium springs. Maybe I'll try them out. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.