R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #1426
Tech Addict
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I placed an order with Banzai Hobby for some items, including a Pandora 180SX body (PAB-026). I received an e-mail that something on my order is out of stock and is now backordered. Looks like this body is now missing from their website....and it's missing from Genki DoriDori's site, too.

Does anyone know if this body is still available? Would LOVE to buy this from a retailer on this side of the pond, but does anyone over here sell Pandora stuff?
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #1427
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to M-chassisMark
Default

I just ordered my first D3 from RC Mart last night, along with a few alum pieces, front one way, belt tensioner, and Yokomo FD/RE-Amemiya body. What are the must-have hop-ups I should do straight away while building the kit?

Believe it or not, this car will be replacing a high-mileage TA03F David Jun ed. drift car I've run for a looong time. I can't wait; this will be my first over-driven car.
__________________
This is my signature.
M-chassisMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #1428
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-chassisMark View Post
I just ordered my first D3 from RC Mart last night, along with a few alum pieces, front one way, belt tensioner, and Yokomo FD/RE-Amemiya body. What are the must-have hop-ups I should do straight away while building the kit?

Believe it or not, this car will be replacing a high-mileage TA03F David Jun ed. drift car I've run for a looong time. I can't wait; this will be my first over-driven car.
  1. 3Racing Aluminium M3 Flat Washer 1.0mm (10 Pcs) (PK) #3RAC-WF310/PK
  2. 3Racing Aluminium M3 Flat Washer 0.5mm (10 Pcs) (PK) #3RAC-WF305/PK
  3. 3Racing Aluminum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing For Sakura D3 #SAK D313/PK
  4. 3Racing Aluminum Steering System For Sakura D3 #SAK-D310/PK
  5. 3Racing SSK Driveshaft For Sakura XI/Sakura FF/Sakura Zero #SAK-X27
  6. 3Racing Aluminum Front Bulkhead For Sakura D3 #SAK-D315/PK Racing 3 3Racing Aluminum One Way Tube For Sakura D3 #SAK-D324/PK

Thats what I ordered for mine.... oh and wheels/tyres.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #1429
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I placed an order with Banzai Hobby for some items, including a Pandora 180SX body (PAB-026). I received an e-mail that something on my order is out of stock and is now backordered. Looks like this body is now missing from their website....and it's missing from Genki DoriDori's site, too.

Does anyone know if this body is still available? Would LOVE to buy this from a retailer on this side of the pond, but does anyone over here sell Pandora stuff?
I just ordered the Pandora Corolla KE70 from Banzai Hobbies, shipping was $20 to the UK, hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive. They have some geat prices on Pandora bodies at the moment too, around $16-20 a body.
__________________
Quote, Leodis, 2007: ''I've been shopping online for 9 years and the only charge I've ever had to dispute with my credit card company was from TiR. Congratulations TiR. Even porn sites are more ethical than your company!''

RC cars - I haz sum.
academygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #1430
Tech Addict
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
I just ordered the Pandora Corolla KE70 from Banzai Hobbies, shipping was $20 to the UK, hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive. They have some geat prices on Pandora bodies at the moment too, around $16-20 a body.
Well, I quickly got a reply to my e-mail and they're looking into the ETA of the Pandora bodies. Hoping to hear something soon. It is rather concerning, however, that the body I ordered is now missing from a few websites rather than showing as merely "out of stock'.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #1431
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Yeah the Pandora R32 body is now missing from Banzai hobby site


Might just have to get the HPI 200mm R32 body from my local.... no light buckets though
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1432
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to M-chassisMark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
  1. 3Racing Aluminium M3 Flat Washer 1.0mm (10 Pcs) (PK) #3RAC-WF310/PK
  2. 3Racing Aluminium M3 Flat Washer 0.5mm (10 Pcs) (PK) #3RAC-WF305/PK
  3. 3Racing Aluminum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing For Sakura D3 #SAK D313/PK
  4. 3Racing Aluminum Steering System For Sakura D3 #SAK-D310/PK
  5. 3Racing SSK Driveshaft For Sakura XI/Sakura FF/Sakura Zero #SAK-X27
  6. 3Racing Aluminum Front Bulkhead For Sakura D3 #SAK-D315/PK Racing 3 3Racing Aluminum One Way Tube For Sakura D3 #SAK-D324/PK

Thats what I ordered for mine.... oh and wheels/tyres.
What are you doing with the flat washers, any necessity or just bling?
__________________
This is my signature.
M-chassisMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #1433
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-chassisMark View Post
What are you doing with the flat washers, any necessity or just bling?
Necessity.

Use in conjunction with 3Racing Aluminum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing For Sakura D3 #SAK D313/PK.

Place the 1mm ones toweards the front of the vehicle and the 0.5mm ones to wards the rear.

It helps tighten the centre belt more so it doesnt wear out to quick.

Thats also a bit of advice from our resident DS3 Guru, pickeld.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #1434
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Well, I haven't tried screwing it on backwards, but I can give it a whirl tonight. I can see the direction of the threads, though, (opposite of the right hand threads on the other end) so I'm pretty sure I can predict the outcome. Nonetheless, I'll try it later tonight. I suspect I'd need a 3mm left hand die...in hopes that it would clean up the threads. That's my best guess as of now.

Yep, 300 front and 1200 rear. No spillage and the rears only filled up about half way. I don't recall how much was in the bottles specifically, but they were no where near full. I had to use every drop from each bottle. Fortunately, the front was mostly full, but it was marginal. I had to add my own oil to fill the rears.
I've same problem as you, the rear oil #1200 is just half bottle filled, is it harmful if I fill half #1200 oil into the rear suspension?
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #1435
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
I've same problem as you, the rear oil #1200 is just half bottle filled, is it harmful if I fill half #1200 oil into the rear suspension?
Go to your local and grab some Associated or Losi 40wt or 35wt oil to start with.

Should cost you a maximum of $7.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #1436
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Go to your local and grab some Associated or Losi 40wt or 35wt oil to start with.

Should cost you a maximum of $7.
Do I need to remove the old #1200 first before filling 40wt or 35wt oil? Anyway will it harm with only half suspension filled?
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #1437
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Default Hair Transplantation

Hi friends
nice post in your forums
please click here more information and this if slove this problem :- cheaphairrtransplant.com/

Hair Transplantation :- Cheaphairrtransplant.com is one of best hair transplantation clinics who have great experiences surgeons without compromising. Our hair transplant quality is still major concern for many hair loss patients
=============
Reihankhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #1438
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
Do I need to remove the old #1200 first before filling 40wt or 35wt oil? Anyway will it harm with only half suspension filled?
Hey guys.
yeah drain it out take them apart and clean the parts then re-assemble and fill almost to the top then move the piston up and down to remove all the air under it position the piston about halfway up the cylinder, when you place the bladder on top slowly at an angle the air will form a small bubble underneath hold the edge up a little and push down from the other side so the air and excess oil is squeezed out clean the oil around the thread and screw on the cap.

Last edited by pickled; 02-21-2013 at 02:12 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #1439
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

I'm getting closer to buying a XXX-D less than a month away now.
I just bought my daughter an Eagle Racing TT01 full option chassis for her birthday and it drifts real good.


it has R31 alloy suspension and only $167.99
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #1440
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to M-chassisMark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Necessity.

Use in conjunction with 3Racing Aluminum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing For Sakura D3 #SAK D313/PK.

Place the 1mm ones toweards the front of the vehicle and the 0.5mm ones to wards the rear.

It helps tighten the centre belt more so it doesnt wear out to quick.

Thats also a bit of advice from our resident DS3 Guru, pickeld.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking based on some youtube video suggestions I've seen. Just wanted to be sure.

One other question - are the low friction belts that are being sold everywhere the same as what come standard on the car? I've not run across a 'standard' belt option; I planned to order at least one of each as spares anyway... just curious if they're actually an improvement.
__________________
This is my signature.
M-chassisMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net