R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #1396
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
for sh!ts and giggles try screwing it on like your undoing it? just for mine and everyone else's peace of mind.
you should have had plenty of oil for the shocks there are 2 bottles the #300 goes in the front and the #1200 in the rear, did you spill some?
Well, I haven't tried screwing it on backwards, but I can give it a whirl tonight. I can see the direction of the threads, though, (opposite of the right hand threads on the other end) so I'm pretty sure I can predict the outcome. Nonetheless, I'll try it later tonight. I suspect I'd need a 3mm left hand die...in hopes that it would clean up the threads. That's my best guess as of now.

Yep, 300 front and 1200 rear. No spillage and the rears only filled up about half way. I don't recall how much was in the bottles specifically, but they were no where near full. I had to use every drop from each bottle. Fortunately, the front was mostly full, but it was marginal. I had to add my own oil to fill the rears.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #1397
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Well, I haven't tried screwing it on backwards, but I can give it a whirl tonight. I can see the direction of the threads, though, (opposite of the right hand threads on the other end) so I'm pretty sure I can predict the outcome. Nonetheless, I'll try it later tonight. I suspect I'd need a 3mm left hand die...in hopes that it would clean up the threads. That's my best guess as of now.

Yep, 300 front and 1200 rear. No spillage and the rears only filled up about half way. I don't recall how much was in the bottles specifically, but they were no where near full. I had to use every drop from each bottle. Fortunately, the front was mostly full, but it was marginal. I had to add my own oil to fill the rears.
ok they must have given you a half full bottle? if you think the threads are the problem then they probably are. you could try a little bearing oil and a bit more force? if I remember when I did mine they were a very tight fit?
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #1398
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
I'd go the 1Via for sure and maybe the sil80 but they have a few new shells as well now
e.g. R33

or R34

I also like this better than a corolla

I own this one already

R32 it is then!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #1399
Tech Addict

lol R32 looks good too. but one thing to be aware of is that these shells are quite thin

I'm currently doing a D-like Drift stage GT86 I'm pretty sure that they come out of the same factory

I'm going to paint it cherry red PS33 (pink) and pearl white PS57 on the bumpers and over fenders

Last edited by pickled; 02-12-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #1400
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
lol R32 looks good too. but one thing to be aware of is that these shells are quite thin

I'm currently doing a D-like Drift stage GT86 I'm pretty sure that they come out of the same factory

I'm going to paint it cherry red PS33 (pink) and pearl white PS57 on the bumpers and over fenders
that 86 looks sweet! Can'twait to start on mine...plus my E30 body also.
feels like I got left behind being gone on vacation.
just got to check my
tracking info and my packages have arrived. I can't wait toget my new parts installed and get some practice at LHS.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #1401
Tech Addict

Ok so here's where I'm at with my daughters 86 FRS

Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #1402
Tech Master

pickled that looks great!

Any idea what wing they used on the Rocket Bunny 86 body?

I ended up ordering the dlike 86 shell and the Pandora RC R32 shell and a Yokomo light kit.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1403
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
pickled that looks great!

Any idea what wing they used on the Rocket Bunny 86 body?

I ended up ordering the dlike 86 shell and the Pandora RC R32 shell and a Yokomo light kit.
thanks.
They show the wings on the shells on the D-like site but I have no idea where to get them from.
which lights did you get. HKS performer GT86?

this is the one I'm after
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #1404
Tech Master

Quote:
thanks.
They show the wings on the shells on the D-like site but I have no idea where to get them from.
which lights did you get. HKS performer GT86?

this is the one I'm after
Mad.

I wonder if they are just Yokomo Wings with the alloy wing struts. As for light buckets, I thoguht the Dlike Rocket Bunny 86 came with light buckets.... says so according to Banzai Hobby.

Last edited by Cloaked; 02-13-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #1405
Tech Addict

Now that my D3 is assembled I'm in the process of selecting electronics. I'm primarily concerned about motor selection 'cause I see people running anywhere from 8.5s to 17.5s. So far I haven't found the info. I need. Hopefully you all can help?

I will likely run a HobbyWing Justock ESC. This ESC will not have any timing or boost ability so please keep that in mind. I will also be running mostly on asphalt, but occasionally on concrete. I'm not sure if that requires more or less power than, say, running on carpet? I want to have enough power to carry rather long sweepers, but also need it to be very controllable since I'm really just learning.

So given this criteria should I be looking into a 10.5? Maybe a 13.5? Something else? I honestly don't know!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #1406
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Now that my D3 is assembled I'm in the process of selecting electronics. I'm primarily concerned about motor selection 'cause I see people running anywhere from 8.5s to 17.5s. So far I haven't found the info. I need. Hopefully you all can help?

I will likely run a HobbyWing Justock ESC. This ESC will not have any timing or boost ability so please keep that in mind. I will also be running mostly on asphalt, but occasionally on concrete. I'm not sure if that requires more or less power than, say, running on carpet? I want to have enough power to carry rather long sweepers, but also need it to be very controllable since I'm really just learning.

So given this criteria should I be looking into a 10.5? Maybe a 13.5? Something else? I honestly don't know!

Just stock wont do a 10.5T Motor... well not for long anyway.

Im currently running a JustStock and a reedy 17.5T on polished concrete with an 18t Pinion and 80t Spur, HPI T Drifts and I can do some mad long sweepers.

I feel the 17.5T Is good, its a good motor to start with its got enough power to get you sliding but if you bury it you can do some nice long skids but it also has not so much that you have to feather the throttle.

I plan to drop a 13.5T in there eventually and I think that will be the sweet spot.

Ill see if I can get a video of mine running the 17.5T this afternoon.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #1407
Tech Addict

Quote:
Just stock wont do a 10.5T Motor... well not for long anyway.

Im currently running a JustStock and a reedy 17.5T on polished concrete with an 18t Pinion and 80t Spur, HPI T Drifts and I can do some mad long sweepers.

I feel the 17.5T Is good, its a good motor to start with its got enough power to get you sliding but if you bury it you can do some nice long skids but it also has not so much that you have to feather the throttle.

I plan to drop a 13.5T in there eventually and I think that will be the sweet spot.

Ill see if I can get a video of mine running the 17.5T this afternoon.
The Justock won't do a 10.5? I was going by the Hobbywing website where it says:
With 2S Lipo or 4-6 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road>=8.5T, 1/10 off-road>=11.5T
With 3S Lipo or 7-9 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road>=13.5T, 1/10 off-road>=17.5T

Are they a little optimistic saying it could run an 8.5? Is drifting harder on a motor than racing?

It's encouraging that you're running a 17.5 on concrete with good results. I actually have a Novak Ballistic 18.5 crawler motor in my stash. I wonder if that might be worth a try before I spend the money on a new motor....or would it be too slow? I'm not sure how Novak's "crawler" motors differ from their others.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #1408
Tech Addict

Quote:
Mad.

I wonder if they are just Yokomo Wings with the alloy wing struts. As for light buckets, I thoguht the Dlike Rocket Bunny 86 came with light buckets.... says so according to Banzai Hobby.
I think your probably right about the wings I just want to know where to get the struts from? the light buckets are just clear lexan like the pandora buckets you can't get chrome finish paint so yokomo light buckets are the obvious choice for a realistic look!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #1409
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rodarbal

Quote:
you can't get chrome finish paint
You can get pretty darn close with Spaz Stix Ultimate Mirror Chrome. It's pretty impressive stuff.
Rodarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #1410
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice posts everyone...hard to get internet access overseas on vacation...but I'll bee back tomorrow and be able to open my packages...lol! Then it looks like I'll have to order body parts as well, light buckets...

Although it seems like I'll be busy with the GT86 and E30 body I got first. And hopefully I didn't lose to much of my touch with the remote after being gone for 2 weeks.

I think I will order the 3racing D3 wide angle CVDs as well besides what I already ordered...maybe to compare, but I'm sure those other ones are already good if not better
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote