3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Location: Fighting out of the PHILIPPINES by way of VANCOUVER B.C
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eunique
Nice! Looks wider angle than stock...which CVDs are u using to get wider angle?
i used eagle racing 44mm wide angle unis of ta05. monster angle fast switchback... and many more
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bennychen
Hi guys, my steering seems too little free play, is this normal? Please refer to the link of video below, Thanks

youtu.be/PQ_T9kM7xis
You can also use set screws since they don't have"heads", there's nothing to block the steering arms.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pickled
I don't know my pandora 370Z is 205mm I run 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear and 6mm wheel adapters. you need to measure the width at the top of the wheel arches.
my pandora nsx is a ~198mm, with 6mm offset wheels, my adapters are 5mm
and my 350z is hpi 200mm, with 9mm offset wheels, and 5mm adapters

Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Initiate

finally had some free time to work on doing the KPI mod to my chassis. Got a little too anxious and now I realize the importance of having the upper arms...I'll be picking them up tomorrow though. Can't wait to finally finish the mod and visit the LHS!

*edit* wooo! I can finally post links!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrjfang
finally had some free time to work on doing the KPI mod to my chassis. Got a little too anxious and now I realize the importance of having the upper arms...I'll be picking them up tomorrow though. Can't wait to finally finish the mod and visit the LHS!

*edit* wooo! I can finally post links!
Looks like you have to much negative caster? You need to have positive caster or it doesn't work right! I used the Yokomo Type C upper arms with the centre cut out and shimmed at the rear
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Nice to see you have it almost complete mrjfang...
Pickled is correct, I did more reading on caster and suspension set up and you definitely want positive career, not negative
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Nice to see you have it almost complete mrjfang...
Pickled is correct, I did more reading on caster and suspension set up and you definitely want positive career, not negative
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys! haha dont worry. I haven't installed the front arms yet so the front knuckles are just flopping around and that's why it looks like there's too much negative caster. I'm driving back to the bay from school today and my yokomo upper arms will be waiting at home
Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm in the final stages of assembling my D3 and ran into an odd problem. I'm trying to thread the ball ends onto the link that connects the steering servo to the steering bellcrank. The issue is that I can't get the threads to start on the left hand threaded side. I've tried numerous ball ends, but none seem to work. The threads look fine on the link, too. I would tap the ball end, but I don't have a left handed 3mm tap. Is this a common issue or am I special?

I also tried the Yeah Racing ball ends. By the way, I didn't realize they would be too short to work with the stock links so most of them went un-used.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tommy R
I'm in the final stages of assembling my D3 and ran into an odd problem. I'm trying to thread the ball ends onto the link that connects the steering servo to the steering bellcrank. The issue is that I can't get the threads to start on the left hand threaded side. I've tried numerous ball ends, but none seem to work. The threads look fine on the link, too. I would tap the ball end, but I don't have a left handed 3mm tap. Is this a common issue or am I special?

I also tried the Yeah Racing ball ends. By the way, I didn't realize they would be too short to work with the stock links so most of them went un-used.
did you try turning it the opposite direction to tighten? It is a turnbuckle so the ends are threaded in opposite directions to allow for both ends to be simultaneously tightened or loosed with a turn of the bar itself.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrjfang
did you try turning it the opposite direction to tighten? It is a turnbuckle so the ends are threaded in opposite directions to allow for both ends to be simultaneously tightened or loosed with a turn of the bar itself.
lol if he realized they are left handed then I think he'd know the old saying righty tighty lefty loosey or in this case lefty tighty righty loosey
Old 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Turns out I was burning up servos because my EPA needed to by adjusted from 100 down to 70.....

Woops.

Now which Pandora RC Body do I want..

The Sileighty (S13)

The ke70 Corolla

The Silvia S13

Or the S13 Onevia

They all look so good I cant choose....

Ill most likely get 2 different bodies anyway. Hell when they are this cheap!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

I'd go the 1Via for sure and maybe the sil80 but they have a few new shells as well now
e.g. R33

or R34

I also like this better than a corolla

I own this one already
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
lol if he realized they are left handed then I think he'd know the old saying righty tighty lefty loosey or in this case lefty tighty righty loosey
Thanks! Yeah, it's the left hand threaded side that simply won't thread. I can figure out an alternative linkage, but was just curious if this is common. I also didn't have enough rear shock oil in the bottle to fill them and didn't quite have enough for the front, either. So put this together with the known belt tension issues and I'm a bit skeptical of their quality control. Not that I'm really complaining, though. For $125 I wasn't expecting perfection.

But if this linkage issue isn't common I guess I'll have to figure out a different solution...
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Thanks! Yeah, it's the left hand threaded side that simply won't thread. I can figure out an alternative linkage, but was just curious if this is common. I also didn't have enough rear shock oil in the bottle to fill them and didn't quite have enough for the front, either. So put this together with the known belt tension issues and I'm a bit skeptical of their quality control. Not that I'm really complaining, though. For $125 I wasn't expecting perfection.

But if this linkage issue isn't common I guess I'll have to figure out a different solution...
for sh!ts and giggles try screwing it on like your undoing it? just for mine and everyone else's peace of mind.
you should have had plenty of oil for the shocks there are 2 bottles the #300 goes in the front and the #1200 in the rear, did you spill some?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.