R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #1366
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

I am selling my NEW D3 roller!

NEW - 3Racing Sakura D3

PM me if interested!
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #1367
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

yay got my SP reventon pro installed flashed with drift firmware set forward/brake/reverse and now I have reverse awesome
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #1368
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Default

Thats good news
Exita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #1369
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
yay got my SP reventon pro installed flashed with drift firmware set forward/brake/reverse and now I have reverse awesome
Nice! I'm loving and missing mine. Been gone for a few days and for a total of 2weeks....I am fiending to practice with mine...miss drifting a lot even nthough I am on vacation right now. Baaaad addiction....it's bad hen you can't wait to get back from vacation so you can practice drifting.

I ordered my alloy MST hubs and CVDs (MST and R31s)

Also need to start working on my Zero S CS also.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #1370
Tech Addict
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I decided to order a Pandora RC Nissan body. I would like to order some wheels at the same time, but am not sure what offsets to get....or if they're different front to rear. Can anyone recommend a good offset that will work well with this body and the D3?

This is the body I'll get. Pandora says it's 196mm(?):


This is the look I'm after (basically wheel flush with the fender lip):


Thanks in advance!
Tommy
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #1371
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
well it depends on the wheel adapters your using and the width of the guards. in the manual it says 164mm at the front and 162mm at the rear add the wheel adapters +10mm (stock) so if your shell has a width of 188-89mm then you need to make up 12-14mm so dived that in half and that's your offset this was an example so measure your wheel adapters and body width then you know how to work it out
pickled's reply on fitting a 190mm shell

from the previous page...
mrjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #1372
Tech Adept
 
kei office s15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fighting out of the PHILIPPINES by way of VANCOUVER B.C
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

check my d3 on fb. check my steering angle.
greetings from trece martires city cavite philippines!


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
__________________
college motto: "sorry girls, study first"
kei office s15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #1373
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kei office s15 View Post
check my d3 on fb. check my steering angle.
greetings from trece martires city cavite philippines!


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Nice! Looks wider angle than stock...which CVDs are u using to get wider angle?
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #1374
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 69
Default

Hi guys, my steering seems too little free play, is this normal? Please refer to the link of video below, Thanks

youtu.be/PQ_T9kM7xis
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #1375
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
Hi guys, my steering seems too little free play, is this normal? Please refer to the link of video below, Thanks

youtu.be/PQ_T9kM7xis
droop screws in the way. either A) take them out and stop using them or B) move them to the other set of holes closer to the front
mrjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #1376
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjfang View Post
droop screws in the way. either A) take them out and stop using them or B) move them to the other set of holes closer to the front
You mean the screw fixed at the wheel arm? But that was the screw should be used showing in the instruction manual, or I should replace with shorter screw?
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #1377
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Default

its really up to you. I'm pretty sure the front holes are for future sway bars, but they arent used for anything else and I currently have my droop screws up front
mrjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #1378
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjfang View Post
its really up to you. I'm pretty sure the front holes are for future sway bars, but they arent used for anything else and I currently have my droop screws up front
Noted, will try it tonight, Thank you
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #1379
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I decided to order a Pandora RC Nissan body. I would like to order some wheels at the same time, but am not sure what offsets to get....or if they're different front to rear. Can anyone recommend a good offset that will work well with this body and the D3?

This is the body I'll get. Pandora says it's 196mm(?):

Thanks in advance!
Tommy
i have a pandora NSX and i am running +4mm and some +6mm rims and both are very flush, the +6mm i think is almost popping look, so i would imagine its very similar to that pandora one-via
kotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #1380
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotar View Post
i have a pandora NSX and i am running +4mm and some +6mm rims and both are very flush, the +6mm i think is almost popping look, so i would imagine its very similar to that pandora one-via
I don't know my pandora 370Z is 205mm I run 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear and 6mm wheel adapters. you need to measure the width at the top of the wheel arches.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net