Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #1351
Tech Initiate

^ yea a full size servo will work
kotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #1352
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Thanks a lot! How much differently does the car handle on asphalt with the front one way? That's great that it would help save the front belt, but does it make the turn-in too quick? That was really my only hesitation.

Any recommendations on ball ends I should get? I would prefer to get this stuff ahead of time so I can use it when I do the initial assembly. I don't want to do everything twice!

SSKs are definitely in my shopping cart! I'll try the stock CS ratio. I admit, I'm just a bit gun shy of CS since I'm only a mediocre drifter at the moment. No time like the present to learn, though, right?

Oh, one more question! Does the D3 accept fullsize servos or do I need a slim style?

Thanks again!
yes the FOW helps with turn in, a standard servo fits and if you read back a few pages there's some ball end recommendations
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #1353
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks a lot! I'll look for those ball ends.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #1354
Tech Initiate

Hi
I'm ordering some rims now
Does anyone knows what offset I should use for a 190mm body?
Thanks
Exita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #1355
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Man.... Its been a whole day since I wrecked my servo's!

I dunno how I am gonna get through a week without my D3! Its become such a part of my life.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #1356
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exita View Post
Hi
I'm ordering some rims now
Does anyone knows what offset I should use for a 190mm body?
Thanks
well it depends on the wheel adapters your using and the width of the guards. in the manual it says 164mm at the front and 162mm at the rear add the wheel adapters +10mm (stock) so if your shell has a width of 188-89mm then you need to make up 12-14mm so dived that in half and that's your offset this was an example so measure your wheel adapters and body width then you know how to work it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Man.... Its been a whole day since I wrecked my servo's!

I dunno how I am gonna get through a week without my D3! Its become such a part of my life.
lol your already getting withdrawal symptons
Old 02-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #1357
Tech Initiate

Quote:
well it depends on the wheel adapters your using and the width of the guards. in the manual it says 164mm at the front and 162mm at the rear add the wheel adapters +10mm (stock) so if your shell has a width of 188-89mm then you need to make up 12-14mm so dived that in half and that's your offset this was an example so measure your wheel adapters and body width then you know how to work it out
Thanks for the info!
Exita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #1358
Tech Apprentice

Any of you using the Reventon R ESC? I tried to connect the LED program card to PC but unable to detect by the Reventon PC interface, but when I update the firmware, my PC can detect it and upgrade is successful. The steps I connect to PC is

Install Reventon R PC interface > Checked USB Driver is installed > Unplug fan from ESC > Lipo battery is disconnected from ESC > Connect ESC to program card > Connect USB cable to PC, but the PC interface is not detecting my program card, it shows "Please connect to the ESC"

Kindly advice, Thanks
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #1359
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
Any of you using the Reventon R ESC? I tried to connect the LED program card to PC but unable to detect by the Reventon PC interface, but when I update the firmware, my PC can detect it and upgrade is successful. The steps I connect to PC is

Install Reventon R PC interface > Checked USB Driver is installed > Unplug fan from ESC > Lipo battery is disconnected from ESC > Connect ESC to program card > Connect USB cable to PC, but the PC interface is not detecting my program card, it shows "Please connect to the ESC"

Kindly advice, Thanks
I've figured it out that the motor need to be unplugged as well, now my PC can detect the led program card finally
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #1360
Tech Master

I think I know why the Servo's burnt out.

I made 2 changes,

1) Installed the Aluminum Steering Rack - Its possible something could be binding or the Aluminum rack does not travel as far as the stock rack causeing the Servo to be pushing against something.

2) Install a UBEC Putting out 5V - Even though the Servo is rated for between 4.8-6v it did not like having its own clean feed of 5v.

Like I said.. on the plus side the ESC was happy.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #1361
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I think I know why the Servo's burnt out.

I made 2 changes,

1) Installed the Aluminum Steering Rack - Its possible something could be binding or the Aluminum rack does not travel as far as the stock rack causeing the Servo to be pushing against something.

2) Install a UBEC Putting out 5V - Even though the Servo is rated for between 4.8-6v it did not like having its own clean feed of 5v.

Like I said.. on the plus side the ESC was happy.
I'm pretty sure that the BEC isn't causing a problem. If it was over 6V then maybe, but if its measured to be 5 I'd think it would be fine.

The alloy steering has slightly altered geometry, so less throw is required to obtain a higher angle. So if your steering trim points weren't dialed back a bit, your servo could have been pushing even though the steering was maxed out.
mrjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #1362
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjfang View Post
I'm pretty sure that the BEC isn't causing a problem. If it was over 6V then maybe, but if its measured to be 5 I'd think it would be fine.
My thoguhts exactly, see as though I tested 2 different UBEC's first one putting out 6v, then I put a 5v one in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjfang View Post
The alloy steering has slightly altered geometry, so less throw is required to obtain a higher angle. So if your steering trim points weren't dialed back a bit, your servo could have been pushing even though the steering was maxed out.

And thats probably what has happend.

When the new one comes in Ill have to adjust my End Points.

48 Hours so far without my drift car... Im climbing the walls!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #1363
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
One other thing...check your CVDs...they don't come assembled properly. Check that it's not binding...disassemble them. Grind flats in the middle of the pins, then use thread lock on the set screws

Maybe it's partially come out and is creating drag which can explain chewing through belts
Ok,now I just sheared another belt in 3 hours of playing Again.
I will check on that cvd when I put a new belt in again.
6 belts in 2 months its pissing me off

I think the real problem is the surface of the floor.
As in Sydney there are no real track set up for drifting apart from offroad,we got sort of set up tracks just in shopping center carparks,and I think the problems are with these floor. I relise the polished concrete don't chew the belt as quick as the other mix concrete floor.

I don't know,I could be wrong.

What floor are you guys playing on ?
Angry_Arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #1364
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana View Post

As in Sydney there are no real track set up for drifting apart from offroad,we got sort of set up tracks just in shopping center carparks,and I think the problems are with these floor. I relise the polished concrete don't chew the belt as quick as the other mix concrete floor.

Polished Concrete for me as well.

Just realised that I ordered new Servo's from Hobbyking during Chinese New Year..... Not going to see them for a while!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #1365
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana View Post

I don't think the surface is the problem, I run on rough concrete and bitumen. My car has never seen a polished floor or carpet track. There has to be something binding, or a miss alignment, something's not right. Pity you live all the way over there or I'd come have a look at it.

Quote:
Polished Concrete for me as well.

Just realised that I ordered new Servo's from Hobbyking during Chinese New Year..... Not going to see them for a while!
lol yeah that's gonna add a few days to the postage I just ordered that D-like 86 FRS Rocket Bunny shell from Bonzai but they're in Japan so there shouldn't be any postal issues