R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #121
Tech Addict

yay I can post url's

anywho I should also say I'm a newb to drifting too. I have two TT-01E's 1 was a TT-01E VW scirocco got for a bargain price of $102 on ebay as a buy it now lol the other is a TT-01ED Datsun 240Z that cost me $240 on ebay then found out 5 minutes after I bought it that I could of got one for $60 less. I've upgraded the 240z with alloy hop ups and transfered all the drift parts to the other so I basically have two TT-01ED's now.
Attached Thumbnails
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-img_20120823_213954.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-img_20120823_214505.jpg  
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #122
Tech Rookie

my last kit was an E10 just a beginner chassis but i got pretty good at transitions but thought it was time to give this counter steer a try and decided to build it from the ground up so i might have a better understanding of how everything works. I just ordered the Car from HKS last week but it still hasnt been shipped out... horrible customer service by the way! I dont think ill ever order from there again. As for a motor i was leaning towards and EZrun something along those lines but between a 10-13T motor for now.
rockogtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #123
Tech Addict

check out RCmart I bought a set 50mm 3Racing Dampers for my TT-01 came in six days from hong kong I'm in Australia ordered My D3 from there yesterday along with the motor esc combo and a 5000mah LiPo. I have alot of questions about this chassis too the photo's on the net just don't tell you enough!

http://www.rcmart.com/
http://stores.ebay.com.au/RCMART-RC-...id=p4340.l2563

Last edited by pickled; 09-18-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: inserting url's
Old 09-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #124
Tech Addict

D3 with options, sweet

Last edited by pickled; 09-18-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: fix link
Old 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #125
Tech Rookie

I saw on driftmisson that yeah racing has already made a replacement bearing set for the D3.. Ive never built a kit before but am thinking about upgrading the bearings are they a bitch to do or can they be swapped out fairly easy? Just wondering if i should wait till i get the bearings before I assemble it?
rockogtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #126
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockogtr View Post
I saw on driftmisson that yeah racing has already made a replacement bearing set for the D3.. Ive never built a kit before but am thinking about upgrading the bearings are they a bitch to do or can they be swapped out fairly easy? Just wondering if i should wait till i get the bearings before I assemble it?
Bearings are extremely easy. Honestly, RC's are so easy to work on, I wouldn't buy anything extra only because I didn't want to tear the kit back down to install it. Also, I highly doubt the bearings are any different/better than the ones that come with the kit (unless they're ceramic). Just get bearings as you need to replace them.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #127
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The D3 does not come with a pinion gear unfortunately.

@tc I just finished building my shocks as per D3 manual and also heard on tc's vid where it says to use the heavy oil and light spring in the rear and the light oil and heavy spring on the front. This makes no sense to me.

I have Popeye arms after the build. Lots of screwing into plastic parts.
The pulleys suc. The turnbuckles suk. Ball links acceptable.
No turnbuckle for steering rods.sux. You end up with either toe in or toe out.
I had no slop with my long center belt. Perfect length.
Lets see.
Oh the Cs ratio is not 1.80. Its a whopping 2.14. Not easy to drive as I am not used to that much cs.

And a one way is a must. Im about to put in a ow center bearing 16T to see.
onroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #128
Tech Addict

Can I ask what pinion gear you purchased and if your using the standard 80T Spur gear? I think that the bearings that come with it aren't that great? how compatible would the zero's bearings be? Acer racing has a set of ceramic bearings but they are quite expensive like 90 bucks! I think what he's saying about the damper is you want it to spring back slowly on the rear to keep the rear end from tramping look up Drift setting for dampers most guys mod their dampers with plastic inserts to reduce the flow of oil thru the piston so it rebound very slowly
Old 09-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #129
Tech Initiate

Im using the recommended 19t pinion. I will be switching to 64p tomorrow.

Im a fan of slow rebound shocks. But this thing has so much cs that i need the rear chassis roll. I think there is an error in the manual bc i find it drives better with heavy oil up front.

Btw. I spent about 4 hours getting all the pivot points smooth as glass.

As far as bearings they are fine. I dont sweat bearings. This is what i do. I soak them in an ultrasonicator with degreaser for a couple of hrs to get the grease out. Then one drop of light oil in each and they spin forever.
I change bb's outs every 5 yrs or so
onroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #130
Tech Adept

More like a completely new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
D3 with options, sweet
TubOLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

ok guys i just ordered more parts for my D3

6mm wheel adaptors 3rac-wx126 (got them)

front belts (x2) sak-d114

front oneway sak-d324/pk

im going one up and the pulleys to take out the slop

aluminum Spur gear adaptor sak-d332/pk

aluminum center pulley gear (x3) t14 3rac-3py/14

aluminum center pulley gear 3rac-3py/23

white rpm rod ends im going to dye them pink
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #132
Tech Regular

You A holes, just couldn't shut up and had to keep talking about this new kit.. Now thanks to you I'm in the dog house with a D3 kit on the way.. Really thought we were a family...
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #133
Tech Addict

where did you order the parts from, as far as I know 3Racing still hasn't released their option range yet? I will be needing a one way too?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #134
Tech Addict

lol you coulda just told ya wife your old chassis was broke, moaped about for a bit then she would suggest you get a new one lol
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #135
Tech Rookie

2.14?! Holy cow! I'm not used to that much CS either. I'm currently running 1.60 on my VDF and have tried friend's 1.80 and thought it was a pretty aggressive setup. Could you tell us diff and pulley sizes (# of teeth) on D3 cuz I might have to lower it a bit to fit my taste.

My d3 is currently at the post office waiting for me to pick up but I won't be able to pick it up til Friday b/c of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroadie View Post
The D3 does not come with a pinion gear unfortunately.

@tc I just finished building my shocks as per D3 manual and also heard on tc's vid where it says to use the heavy oil and light spring in the rear and the light oil and heavy spring on the front. This makes no sense to me.

I have Popeye arms after the build. Lots of screwing into plastic parts.
The pulleys suc. The turnbuckles suk. Ball links acceptable.
No turnbuckle for steering rods.sux. You end up with either toe in or toe out.
I had no slop with my long center belt. Perfect length.
Lets see.
Oh the Cs ratio is not 1.80. Its a whopping 2.14. Not easy to drive as I am not used to that much cs.

And a one way is a must. Im about to put in a ow center bearing 16T to see.
riboflavin is offline   Reply With Quote