R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #1321
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah I wasn't having a go, just venting my frustration with this product. I have had to buy a program box from ebay just got to wait till it gets here and flash,flash,flash
NP, Could of loaned you mine.

Never mind its good to have on hand.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #1322
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Wish I knew that you needed one before you ordered yours. I have two of them from 2 sets of XeRun combos that I bought.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #1323
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Mad!

My washers, Aluminium Steering Rack and Rear Bulkhead housing just arrived.

Now I can...

1) Take the slop outta my Steering.
2) Take the Slop outta my belts!
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #1324
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Mad!

My washers, Aluminium Steering Rack and Rear Bulkhead housing just arrived.

Now I can...

1) Take the slop outta my Steering.
2) Take the Slop outta my belts!
Well you should be able to reduce the slop on the belt but if your using the standard ball ends for the steering then it won't be that noticeable
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #1325
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Wish I knew that you needed one before you ordered yours. I have two of them from 2 sets of XeRun combos that I bought.
Doh oh well my luck is crap
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #1326
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Well you should be able to reduce the slop on the belt but if your using the standard ball ends for the steering then it won't be that noticeable
Pickled is right. I had the same problem when I installed the alloy steering set. A few pages back pickled recommended me these:

Yeah Racing (#BN-0009BK) 4.8mm Delrin Ball End Size 15.00mm (BK)

I'm going to be ordering some soon along with some parts I need to do the KPI mod
mrjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #1327
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjfang View Post
Pickled is right. I had the same problem when I installed the alloy steering set. A few pages back pickled recommended me these:

Yeah Racing (#BN-0009BK) 4.8mm Delrin Ball End Size 15.00mm (BK)

I'm going to be ordering some soon along with some parts I need to do the KPI mod
I still get a little play with those but nothing like the stock ball ends
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 AM   #1328
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Had a drive tonight after doing the washer mod for the centre belt.

Wow its like a totally different car! So much easier to drive now.

Pretty happy with the car at the moment, the only thing letting it down is the crappy paint work on the Body

Oh well 2 more weeks till payday and I can buy a new one....
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #1329
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 42
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Had a drive tonight after doing the washer mod for the centre belt.

Wow its like a totally different car! So much easier to drive now.

Pretty happy with the car at the moment, the only thing letting it down is the crappy paint work on the Body

Oh well 2 more weeks till payday and I can buy a new one....
Yeah I stole a plastic washer from leftover parts in the kit, forget where they came from but they were in the kit.

What kind of body are you getting??
saturnv7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #1330
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnv7890 View Post
Yeah I stole a plastic washer from leftover parts in the kit, forget where they came from but they were in the kit.

What kind of body are you getting??
Well Pickled out me on to D-Like bodies, so either there Toyota 86/Scion FRS Body or there Street 180SX body.

I love the 180SX.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #1331
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Well Pickled out me on to D-Like bodies, so either there Toyota 86/Scion FRS Body or there Street 180SX body.

I love the 180SX.
Yeah I like a few of their bodies both silvia's early and late the rocket bunny 86 and the 180sex I really like wanbia's but I have to get that from pandora
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #1332
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah I like a few of their bodies both silvia's the rocket bunny 86 and the 180sex I really like wanbia's but I have to get that from pandora
The other one I really like is the Yokomo Beast Eye Laurel.


Looks... mad.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #1333
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TURKEY / ESKİŞEHİR
Posts: 2
Send a message via MSN to mhmtcn
Default

hello. my name is mehmet alp. from Turkey. Age 20. Nice to meed you
*
2:01 Rear Pullen changing Cs to fall. Rear belt tensioner came out and brought to the front diff From there I can say even though it was full. I used the Tamiya TA04 32T Pulley pulley. Of course, I booted three racing diffe not hard to fit, and the second hole. Everything is ready now ready to test. Am I planning to use it for a while, but I do not know Cs decreases.

Let's put ten of the rear dampers also effect how the spring is going to be ultra soft.

I'm sorry my english is bad, but I can write so much

Speedpassion V3.0 6.5T
Hobbywıng V2.1 60A
Sav÷x 0254mg
eagle 5600R 70c lipo
spektrum DX2
D3 sport Cs 2.01
front: R2 tire
back: streetJam 45' Medium

I can not share pictures right now because of the rules
mhmtcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #1334
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 69
Default

I couldn't figure out how to connect this ESC and motor together, it's a combo from Speed Passion, Reventor R esc, kindly advice, I've attached a picture as well, Thanks!

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/20130202024220.jpg
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #1335
Tech Addict
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Hey folks,

I'm >this< close to picking up a D3 CS, but I have a few questions and hopefully you all can help me out.

- What pulley(s) is(are) needed to remove the countersteer? I'm not too accomplished as a drifter and would like the option to remove or at least reduce the CS ratio. Would new belts be needed?

- I know the car could really use a belt tensioner, aluminum steering linkage, and spur gear mount. What else would you recommend I purchase when I place the order? SSK axles, perhaps? Front or rear bulkheads? I'll be running pretty much exclusively on concrete or asphalt, no carpet (in case that matters).

- For now I'm planning on running brushed. Probably a 27t Axial motor. Suggestions on pinion size? If I really like the car I'll look into a brushless combo and maybe converting to 64p. For now, I'll keep it 48p.

Thanks in advance!
Tommy
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:14 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0