R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #1216
Tech Apprentice

Hi Bros, I'm getting myself a D3 CS kit tomorrow locally and planning to order parts for spare (Belts, pinions and necessary parts) from rcmart as it's cheaper, I'm new to drifting, I've gone thru earlier post in this thread about pinions but I still couldn't understand how it works, I plan to purchase the Leopard brushless 12T motor and ESC combo, can you experts guide me? Your help is much appreciated.
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #1217
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
Hi Bros, I'm getting myself a D3 CS kit tomorrow locally and planning to order parts for spare (Belts, pinions and necessary parts) from rcmart as it's cheaper, I'm new to drifting, I've gone thru earlier post in this thread about pinions but I still couldn't understand how it works, I plan to purchase the Leopard brushless 12T motor and ESC combo, can you experts guide me? Your help is much appreciated.
Hey bennychen!
you want an 18Tooth 48Pitch pinion but a 19T 48P pinion will work equally well. these work Tamiya (#53965) 48P Pinion Gear (18T,19T)
include SSK's SAK-X27 in your order and replace the front CVD's grind flats on the pins from the standard CVD's reassemble and use thread lock on the set screws.

get some 1mm and 0.5mm M3 washers to tilt the rear pulley mount backwards a little to tension the centre belt. and some good grease to grease the CVD joints and Suspension pins
Also grab either the SAK-D324 Front One Way or the SAK-59/V2/PK FOW if you get the 59 leave the spacer out! and wait till it arrives till you build the chassis otherwise you'll be pulling it apart to add the FOW.
When screwing the chassis together add a little light oil to the screws then screw in very slowly so you don't strip the threads in the plastic pieces. or you can purchase a M3 0.5mm pitch tap and handle thanks skr8pn for the links
As for a motor ESC combo this would be better as it's sensored

Last edited by pickled; 01-20-2013 at 06:48 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #1218
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzrx View Post
started chopping on the skyline, the tt01 is not what i wanted to build i should of never bought it lol.

i think i can cover the front with a intercooler

R31 style for tt-01
eagle racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzrx View Post
now those are very interesting
If you like those they make a kit with them included

TT01 Drift Full OP Kit AL Sus Set and its 1.56 CS with FOW included
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #1219
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for your helpful reply, the ESC combo you recommended cost one time more than the Leopard ESC combo, is the performance between these two far apart?
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #1220
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pickled, part of the last order I received were some Yeah Racing TI 15mm screws which I used to replace the shorter ones I had on the Yok arms connecting to the shock towers....perfect length....already feels more solid.
How I can get time to bring down those Yok arms and put spacers in and get to do more practice runs this week...plus set my end points on my Tx

Also made new turnbuckles for the wipers to hub connectors with better length so I can narrow down my front Toe....I think I was at about 5
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #1221
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
Thank you for your helpful reply, the ESC combo you recommended cost one time more than the Leopard ESC combo, is the performance between these two far apart?
Yeah I think that motor is really a 380 in a 540 can. with unsensored motors you get a cogging effect at low speeds thats why I'm changing my unsensored setup to the xerun combo I had the yeah racing combo before which still cost me $104

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Pickled, part of the last order I received were some Yeah Racing TI 15mm screws which I used to replace the shorter ones I had on the Yok arms connecting to the shock towers....perfect length....already feels more solid.
How I can get time to bring down those Yok arms and put spacers in and get to do more practice runs this week...plus set my end points on my Tx

Also made new turnbuckles for the wipers to hub connectors with better length so I can narrow down my front Toe....I think I was at about 5
are you asking me where your going to get time to do all those things? It will take about 1-2hrs to grind the arms replace with spacers and set your epa at most lol. yeah set the toe to about 2*
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #1222
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah I think that motor is really a 380 in a 540 can. with unsensored motors you get a cogging effect at low speeds thats why I'm changing my unsensored setup to the xerun combo I had the yeah racing combo before which still cost me $104

are you asking me where your going to get time to do all those things? It will take about 1-2hrs to grind the arms replace with spacers and set your epa at most lol. yeah set the toe to about 2*
No, not asking...just updating you on the progress. I will get to it this week.

Figured out the improvement on those 3Racing springs compared to the Integy ones...now I have rebound on these new springs in the front (didn't have rebound with the last setup..

Found a really informative article on chassis/tuning dynamics..it's a long read and quite technical. But I think it'll help me understand how each adjustment plays into suspension tuning

home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #1223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Its on board with Driver!!!

Too bad my 1 way, front & Rear aluminum Bulk heads and SSK Spindles are on the slow boat.

Least I have a body to cut out in the mean time.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #1224
Tech Rookie

just ordered my new CVD's and aluminum steering, to get ride of that chatter.

Also Got my HPI super drift tires in. The are very grippy on my garage, thinking about put the HPI T-Drifts on the rear and keeping the super drifts on the front. Maybe a liitle camber as well. Im at 0 camber all around
Slushiest_MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #1225
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Camber is great Stance it out!

I guess there's some performance to be gained there too haha.

Pickled, that tt01 is insane! Wishing I had cash for something like that.

Might get cvds and the steering system eventually, seems like a great idea. For now I've only got the one-way and a fan for the looks. Haven't needed to turn it on yet, don't see the need to really push a motor.

Although the one issue where I did have heating issues was with my esc, which is rated for 12t and I'm running a 27t silver can. Any reason why the esc would heat up before the motor? Is it simply an air flow issue? Anyways, once the sensored 3 pole 8.5t tacon and 120a esc come in I won't have to worry!!
saturnv7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #1226
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnv7890 View Post
Camber is great Stance it out!

I guess there's some performance to be gained there too haha.

Pickled, that tt01 is insane! Wishing I had cash for something like that.

Might get cvds and the steering system eventually, seems like a great idea. For now I've only got the one-way and a fan for the looks. Haven't needed to turn it on yet, don't see the need to really push a motor.

Although the one issue where I did have heating issues was with my esc, which is rated for 12t and I'm running a 27t silver can. Any reason why the esc would heat up before the motor? Is it simply an air flow issue? Anyways, once the sensored 3 pole 8.5t tacon and 120a esc come in I won't have to worry!!
That TT-01 is cheaper than you think @$167.99 it's less than a normal TT-01ED but minus body and ESC/Motor

you don't need to push it cause it pulls lol

Last edited by pickled; 01-21-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #1227
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
That TT-01 is cheaper than you think @$167.99 it's less than a normal TT-01ED but minus body and ESC/Motor

you don't need to push it cause it pulls lol
Well that's really not bad at all!

haha I mean gear it up!
saturnv7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #1228
Tech Rookie

Another NOOB question, I've read that most CS is done on carpet/inside. All I've drifted on was smooth/polished concrete. My question is what exactly is carpet? like regular house carpet, or like foam stuff? I want to try carpet to see if the Sakura just drives better on it
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #1229
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey all I will be ordering a d3 kit tommorow and i was wondering if the d3 takes Ni mh stick packs

Thanks
On-Road-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #1230
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-Road-Boy View Post
Hey all I will be ordering a d3 kit tommorow and i was wondering if the d3 takes Ni mh stick packs

Thanks

Yea thats what I'm running right now until I get LiPo