R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #1141
Tech Initiate
 
Tizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wolphaartsdijk, The Netherlands
Posts: 20
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I'm not 100% sure but I think your right I think the Zero S should fit you will probably just have to move the pulley across. they're only 20 bucks I'd just get 1 and see
I don't have a D3 yet, so I can't try to fit the diff. I need a diff, so before I know if one fits, I'm not going to buy the D3. There's no point in getting one if there's no diff for it. There surely must be someone who tried a diff?
Tizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #1142
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzrx View Post
finally got to drive this other then in my front room, this is hard to drive, i keep spinning around, it will spin on its front wheel easy as can be. i think i need some help with setup.

toe in toe out caster camber i have no idea what i am doing lol.
the d3 is a little different than most chassis, what I notice is you don't need to counter steer so much the second you get sideways, all you have to do is go full throttle and let the over-driven rear wheels do the rest
kotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #1143
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotar View Post
the d3 is a little different than most chassis, what I notice is you don't need to counter steer so much the second you get sideways, all you have to do is go full throttle and let the over-driven rear wheels do the rest
It's not hard to get it sideways but for long bends you do need to counter steer a bit I love tight turns and switch backs I release the throttle lock the rear it steps out the to the opposite direction your steering then back on the throttle to keep the drift going while counter steering. I love this chassis especially with the mods I've done.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #1144
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
It's not hard to get it sideways but for long bends you do need to counter steer a bit I love tight turns and switch backs I release the throttle lock the rear it steps out the to the opposite direction your steering then back on the throttle to keep the drift going while counter steering. I love this chassis especially with the mods I've done.
I'm with kotar and pickled on this...long sweeping turns and small switchbacks, tight turns....to this chassis does pretty good!
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #1145
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I blame you all for my new addiction.

Since ordering my D3 CS kit (1 day ago!!!) I have since made 2 more orders, you know for "essentials"...

1 x 3Racing Aluminum Front Bulkhead For Sakura D3 #SAK-D315/PK
1 x 3Racing Low Friction Front Belt 519 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D116
1 x 3Racing Low Friction Front Belt 183 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D115
1 x 3Racing Low Friction Front Belt 138 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D114
1 x 3Racing Aluminum One Way Tube For Sakura D3 #SAK-D324/PK
1 x 3Racing SSK Driveshaft For Sakura XI/Sakura FF/Sakura Zero #SAK-X27
1 x SPICE (#SPA-712) Camber Drift Tire Pull Type (Soft)
1 x SPICE (#SPA-065) GramLights 57D OFFSET 6 (White)
1 x SPICE (#SPA-067) GramLights 57D OFFSET 6 (Orange)
1 x 3Racing Spring Set For #M03M-13/LB/V2 #M03M-13/V2/OP

This is going to be a bad addiction I can tell... I am already eying off a Yokomo body and the Aluminum steering hopup next pay!
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1146
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I blame you all for my new addiction.

Since ordering my D3 CS kit (1 day ago!!!) I have since made 2 more orders, you know for "
This is going to be a bad addiction I can tell... I am already eying off a Yokomo body and the Aluminum steering hopup next pay!
Hahs! Welcome to the addiction!
Don't worry. This is the better kind...better than spending it on drugs.
But I understand what you mean...I think I need to go into rehab because of this addiction!
And just when you think you placed your final order...then you figure out something else to spend your money on and keep adding more to that order. Lol!
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #1147
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I blame you all for my new addiction.

Since ordering my D3 CS kit (1 day ago!!!) I have since made 2 more orders, you know for "essentials"...

1 x 3Racing Aluminum Front Bulkhead For Sakura D3 #SAK-D315/PK
1 x 3Racing Low Friction Front Belt 519 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D116
1 x 3Racing Low Friction Front Belt 183 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D115
1 x 3Racing Low Friction Front Belt 138 For Sakura D3 #SAK-D114
1 x 3Racing Aluminum One Way Tube For Sakura D3 #SAK-D324/PK
1 x 3Racing SSK Driveshaft For Sakura XI/Sakura FF/Sakura Zero #SAK-X27
1 x SPICE (#SPA-712) Camber Drift Tire Pull Type (Soft)
1 x SPICE (#SPA-065) GramLights 57D OFFSET 6 (White)
1 x SPICE (#SPA-067) GramLights 57D OFFSET 6 (Orange)
1 x 3Racing Spring Set For #M03M-13/LB/V2 #M03M-13/V2/OP

This is going to be a bad addiction I can tell... I am already eying off a Yokomo body and the Aluminum steering hopup next pay!
are you going to get the rear bulkhead and alloy suspension mounts (don't forget suspension balls if you do!) It's a great addiction.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #1148
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Hahs! Welcome to the addiction!
Don't worry. This is the better kind...better than spending it on drugs.
But I understand what you mean...I think I need to go into rehab because of this addiction!
And just when you think you placed your final order...then you figure out something else to spend your money on and keep adding more to that order. Lol!
Tell me about it!

Im supposed to be saving for a wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
are you going to get the rear bulkhead and alloy suspension mounts (don't forget suspension balls if you do!) It's a great addiction.
No plans yet, Im hoping what I have will keep me going for a while, and will allow me to learn.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #1149
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

What tires do y'all run when on smooth concrete?
Slushiest_MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #1150
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
What tires do y'all run when on smooth concrete?
I would also like to know the answer to this.

Hell I would like to know how you mount drift wheels to Drift tyres!

Is it just CA glue like in Offroad?
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #1151
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I would also like to know the answer to this.

Hell I would like to know how you mount drift wheels to Drift tyres!

Is it just CA glue like in Offroad?
I got HPI T-Drifts, and ABS Placstic ones and I can't grip at all. Nothing just spins all the time. Was thinking about just leaving T-Drift in the rear and putting something with more grip in the front. Maybe some HPI Grips or the HPI A drifts they are more rubber than hard plastic.
Anyone else got ideas?

As for mounting hard plastic ones (HPI T-Drifts)all I did was boil them for like a 30 seconds to get them kinda soft and then press them down on the wheel. After they are on the wheel I put them in the freezer for a few minutes to shrink them back down and harden them back up.
Slushiest_MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #1152
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushiest_MJ View Post
What tires do y'all run when on smooth concrete?
At the moment I'm running Spice SPD-008's High flat pull reversible drift tires.

But I've bought some Super Racing D5's for asphalt/concrete

I've heard good things about Raikou Drift Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I would also like to know the answer to this.

Hell I would like to know how you mount drift wheels to Drift tyres!

Is it just CA glue like in Offroad?
Ok from what I've learnt about drift tyres you don't want to glue them! what you do is put the rims in the freezer over night, boil a small saucepan of water then turn it down to a simmer drop a tire into the pan for about 40 sec then take a rim out of the freezer and the tire out of the pan carefully use a butter knife or something place rim on a flat surface and slip the hot tire onto the rim leave till cool repeat process till all wheels are done and cooled then you have your completed drift wheels. The process can be repeated to remove the tires from the rims aswell
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #1153
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Ok from what I've learnt about drift tyres you don't want to glue them! what you do is put the rims in the freezer over night, boil a small saucepan of water then turn it down to a simmer drop a tire into the pan for about 40 sec then take a rim out of the freezer and the tire out of the pan carefully use a butter knife or something place rim on a flat surface and slip the hot tire onto the rim leave till cool repeat process till all wheels are done and cooled then you have your completed drift wheels. The process can be repeated to remove the tires from the rims aswell
Thanks Pickled your a wealth of Knowledge man!

Been reading your posts on CSjunkies as well.
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #1154
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Thanks Pickled your a wealth of Knowledge man!

Been reading your posts on CSjunkies as well.
Do you mean DriftMission I don't know when I posted on CSjunkies last lol
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #1155
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Do you mean DriftMission I don't know when I posted on CSjunkies last lol
Your right, I meant Drift Mission.

Im hoping these tyres will be good for Sealed/Polished concrete.

1 x SPICE (#SPA-712) Camber Drift Tire Pull Type (Soft)

If not.... I jsut got my tax return and need idea's.....
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net