R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #1126
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Thought I'd give you guys an update about my KPI mod I'ts finally complete I got my MST short arm alloy uprights today and installed here is a couple of pics.
]
awesome angle!!!
And which CVDs are you using? Are you still using bearing into bearing or spacer?
I'm going to have to place an order again! Lol!
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #1127
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Also, pickled, would you mind posting an overhead pic of how you have your steering servo mounted?
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #1128
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwadruppel View Post
noob-questions here...
* M3x6 Set Screws for on the lower arms at the c-hubs...
* and what about the M8x2 Shock Tower Shims (p8,9)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Ok the set screw screws in till it's flush with the C-hub. The shock tower shim is pink anodised aluminium it has a bevel on the front side it's used to make sure you don't pull the bearing through the bulk heads and the rear pulley mount.
Pulling the bearing through? Hmm, hadn't thought of that. After fully screwing in the set screws they do seem to lock the c-hub pins.
Thanks pickled.
kwadruppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #1129
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
awesome angle!!!
And which CVDs are you using? Are you still using bearing into bearing or spacer?
I'm going to have to place an order again! Lol!
I'm running Square 48mm R31 CVD's but I had to adjust the upper and lower arms to allow for the extra width 46mm shafts would probably be better for a narrow shell. I'm not using bearing in bearing now the CVD sits in the 10x15x4 bearing I used a tamiya oil bearing from a tt-01 the type that isn't actually a ball bearing, as a spacer inside the knuckle so it doesn't keep pushing the front bearing out of the knuckle.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Also, pickled, would you mind posting an overhead pic of how you have your steering servo mounted?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kwadruppel View Post
Pulling the bearing through? Hmm, hadn't thought of that. After fully screwing in the set screws they do seem to lock the c-hub pins.
Thanks pickled.
No Probs

I just adjusted my toe out to about 2* from like 5* lol here is a pic now with less ackerman



I'm running Spice TE37's with 10mm offset on the front and 12mm offset on the rear but as my front track is about 2mm wider it equals out

Last edited by pickled; 01-14-2013 at 08:19 PM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #1130
Tech Initiate
 
Tizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wolphaartsdijk, The Netherlands
Posts: 20
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone on here found a balldiff or geardiff for the D3 yet?
Tizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1131
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizer View Post
Has anyone on here found a balldiff or geardiff for the D3 yet?
why would you want that since this is a purpose built drift machine?
solid axle rear and front one way would be best.

but, i'm sure you can use what's available out there (from other cars) if the spacing is correct
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #1132
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Picked, is it just the pic angle or are u actually getting greater steering angle with those CVDs than the Tamiya DC?

I think I will place an order for the CVDs first since I have to order from different places. I'll order the alloy hubs later.
unless you know of a place that carries them both?
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #1133
Tech Initiate
 
Tizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wolphaartsdijk, The Netherlands
Posts: 20
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
why would you want that since this is a purpose built drift machine?
solid axle rear and front one way would be best.

but, i'm sure you can use what's available out there (from other cars) if the spacing is correct
Because I want to use it as a front wheel drive racer, not a drifter. I think the geardiff of a Sakura S might fit, seeing that the width of the diff is the same. Maybe only the location of the pulley is different, but as I'm only using one center pulley I can move it to be in line with the diff? Maybe someone has tried a geardiff or balldiff in the D3 before? I know there are a lot of guys out there who don't like a oneway.
Tizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #1134
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Picked, is it just the pic angle or are u actually getting greater steering angle with those CVDs than the Tamiya DC?

I think I will place an order for the CVDs first since I have to order from different places. I'll order the alloy hubs later.
unless you know of a place that carries them both?
Yep I'm getting more angle which is why I ordered these square 48mm R31 CVD's but thinking of modifying them with MST wheel ends cause the R31 ends push the front bearings out of the knuckles was thinking the MST ones might be a bit shorter to take up the slack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizer View Post
Because I want to use it as a front wheel drive racer, not a drifter. I think the geardiff of a Sakura S might fit, seeing that the width of the diff is the same. Maybe only the location of the pulley is different, but as I'm only using one center pulley I can move it to be in line with the diff? Maybe someone has tried a geardiff or balldiff in the D3 before? I know there are a lot of guys out there who don't like a oneway.
I'm not 100% sure but I think your right I think the Zero S should fit you will probably just have to move the pulley across. they're only 20 bucks I'd just get 1 and see
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #1135
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

So I just ordered one of these bad boys along with a Tamiya FT86 body.

Payed for express shipping so hopefully have it by the end of next week.

New to Drifting, hell new to Onroad in general!

I also threw in some spare belts and a Sakura Zero pulley that I hope to jerryrig in somehow to keep the middle belt tight.

Im sure I will have a billion questions when I actually get it.

Bought it to run on the underground garage in my apartment complex, its all sealed concrete and will hopefully satisfy my midweek RC cravings when I cant get to the offroad track (which is over an hour away).
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #1136
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Default

finally got to drive this other then in my front room, this is hard to drive, i keep spinning around, it will spin on its front wheel easy as can be. i think i need some help with setup.

toe in toe out caster camber i have no idea what i am doing lol.
jimmyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #1137
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzrx View Post
finally got to drive this other then in my front room, this is hard to drive, i keep spinning around, it will spin on its front wheel easy as can be. i think i need some help with setup.

toe in toe out caster camber i have no idea what i am doing lol.
lol yeah they are hard to get used to. try toe out 1-2* -5* camber and a ride height of 5mm then it's just a case of practice, practice, practice
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #1138
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
lol yeah they are hard to get used to. try toe out 1-2* -5* camber and a ride height of 5mm then it's just a case of practice, practice, practice
thanks for the reply

50/50 was a piece of cake to this beast lol

good news for my skyline

received my TT01 kit today and it fits
Attached Thumbnails
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-photo-4-.jpg  
jimmyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #1139
Tech Master
 
Cloaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
lol yeah they are hard to get used to. try toe out 1-2* -5* camber and a ride height of 5mm then it's just a case of practice, practice, practice
Is that Front/Rear Toe out and -5 Camber all round?
__________________
Nothing...
Cloaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #1140
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzrx View Post
thanks for the reply

50/50 was a piece of cake to this beast lol

good news for my skyline

received my TT01 kit today and it fits
are the rear suspension arms turned around to the 257mm wheel base setting. the wheels look like it doesn't quite line up with the guards. I just measured my TT-01 and the reason is the wheel base is only 256mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Is that Front/Rear Toe out and -5 Camber all round?
Toe out/in is only adjustable on the front the rear is fixed by the rear suspension mount -5* camber on the front to start with the rear is up to you and 5mm ride height all round
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net