3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kwadruppel
And then i ordered aluminium pulleys
Originally Posted by pickled
where did you order your pulleys from? 3racing is out of stock and so is everywhere else I tried lol
Hehe, i noticed. www . the-border.com
They only had two 3RAC-3PY/13. One 22t left
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kwadruppel
Hehe, i noticed. www . the-border.com
They only had two 3RAC-3PY/13. One 22t left
lol of course it's some obscure site lol. I'm just going to have to wait till 3racing re-stocks lol. cause I need another set of alloy pulleys to rebuild my kit D3, cause it's for my daughter I can go 3X17T to replace the 13T's and a 21T which gives me a CS of 1.56 so she can learn to drift
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I think you may have wasted money buying the tensioner just use some washers under the rear pulley mount the 1.5mm you'll have left for the front screws and some 0.5mm for the rear screws should work well
Yeah, I shimmed the rear pulley mounts too with 1mm on the front and 0.5 on the back. There was just something I didn't like about that long belt run, so I got the tensioner as well. I think it looks tricker too

I'm about to build the shocks now. I know a lot of you guys have modded your shocks already, I'm just looking for the best starting point - so what's the latest wisdom on the shock oil? Did the manual get it wrong and should I use the heavier oil on the front?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HKGixxer
Yeah, I shimmed the rear pulley mounts too with 1mm on the front and 0.5 on the back. There was just something I didn't like about that long belt run, so I got the tensioner as well. I think it looks tricker too

I'm about to build the shocks now. I know a lot of you guys have modded your shocks already, I'm just looking for the best starting point - so what's the latest wisdom on the shock oil? Did the manual get it wrong and should I use the heavier oil on the front?
I think I have the softer on the front with hard springs. Get some harder springs for the front as well the standard are to soft possibly blue as I think the purple might be too hard.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,great thread,I've been following it a while now,as to the previous posts about the front belt after the one way,I havent broke one front belt yet,been playing it about 1 hour per day,3-5 days a week.
Quick question,for some reason,it drifts better on one side then the other.
I have checked camber settings,ride heights,redid the shocks,springs,I wouldnt have a clue what it is now.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
Hi guys,great thread,I've been following it a while now,as to the previous posts about the front belt after the one way,I havent broke one front belt yet,been playing it about 1 hour per day,3-5 days a week.
Quick question,for some reason,it drifts better on one side then the other.
I have checked camber settings,ride heights,redid the shocks,springs,I wouldnt have a clue what it is now.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
is there any binding in the arms? is it balanced with the sevo and rx on 1 side and the ESC on the other? are the one way drive cups pushed right in? check the sweepers and linkages are centred when wheels are straight? I haven't had this problem so I'm just throwing questions at you lol. does your battery have the connections on the same side as the ESC that may be it?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

I started my new shell for my D3 a Pandora 370Z converible

Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I started my new shell for my D3 a Pandora 370Z converible

Wow, that's going to look sweet!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
Wow, that's going to look sweet!
I'm hoping so, the width according to the site is 205mm so I grabbed some 10 and 12 offset TE37's
Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

is there any binding in the arms? is it balanced with the sevo and rx on 1 side and the ESC on the other? are the one way drive cups pushed right in? check the sweepers and linkages are centred when wheels are straight? I haven't had this problem so I'm just throwing questions at you lol. does your battery have the connections on the same side as the ESC that may be it?

Thanks for the quick reply pickle.
I did have those fake brake discs and it was rubbing on the controller arm,I fixed that but it didn't seem to fix the problem.
Servo and esc are opposite each other,one way is installed properly.
Battery is connected to the same side as the esc goes to.
The only doubt I have is the steering being centered or not. How do I check that ?
Measure the gaps between the arms ? Or just have to line it up as straight as I could.
As the cornering ability on one side is much better then the other,there is a noticeable difference.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana
Thanks for the quick reply pickle.
I did have those fake brake discs and it was rubbing on the controller arm,I fixed that but it didn't seem to fix the problem.
Servo and esc are opposite each other,one way is installed properly.
Battery is connected to the same side as the esc goes to.
The only doubt I have is the steering being centered or not. How do I check that ?
Measure the gaps between the arms ? Or just have to line it up as straight as I could.
As the cornering ability on one side is much better then the other,there is a noticeable difference.
take the linkages off and and make sure they are the same length then put them back centre the radio no offset. if it doesn't run straight adjust the linkage off the servo
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HKGixxer

i questioned that shock oil in the manual too when i built mine, so i didn't use the stock shock oil and ran some 70wt associated oil and used associated 35lb springs front and 25lb rear, also i mounted the front shocks closer to the wheels so is more of an angle rather than straight up and down, it seems to be stiffer than before, but if you do mount it in an angle, you have to run +4mm offset wheels or it will rub the shocks at full lock

Last edited by kotar; 01-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

not sure if this has been posted yet, i thought i share an interesting D3 i found that is modded for RWD drift,
and the steering mod this guy did was very simple to get more angle,
but just by looking at the angle, i'm not sure any cvd's will work with that much angle, so maybe thats why its RWD only
http://one10drift.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2770

Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

I've seen that thread..Im sure he is using wide angle CVDs otherwise it will get chatter at full lock due to limitation of the stock CVDS.

I got some practice at LHS carpet drift track yesterday...Used red springs from Integy shock set I purchased a while back and I am pretty happy with the performance. The rears are a little too high compared to the front..needs more tweaking.
But I am very pleased with my fully optioned D3.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Ill try to make a video next time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.