R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #916
Tech Adept
 
Kabul_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Lol.. nooo but there are loads of Aussies here.. well yeah to get more speed do i go more teeth on the pinion gear?
__________________
DLIKE RER weightshiftmeister - RWD drift car
OUTCLIP Yokomo Drift Package conversion
Kabul_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #917
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabul_RC View Post
Lol.. nooo but there are loads of Aussies here.. well yeah to get more speed do i go more teeth on the pinion gear?
lol, smaller spur bigger pinion
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #918
Tech Adept
 
Kabul_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

So i would get more tooth spur and then less pinion tooth gear? Like for example i get a 19T pinion go up 90T spur?

whoops i misread what you wrote.. ok then i will go bigger pinion then.. hehe
__________________
DLIKE RER weightshiftmeister - RWD drift car
OUTCLIP Yokomo Drift Package conversion

Last edited by Kabul_RC; 12-17-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added
Kabul_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #919
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, Au
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I had my first run just now. The sparks from the kit tires took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting it.

I had a sweet little session out the front. The drifting was very controllable and nothing broke.
__________________
I pay to play, do you ?
ozace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #920
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabul_RC View Post
So i would get more tooth spur and then less pinion tooth gear? Like for example i get a 19T pinion go up 90T spur?

whoops i misread what you wrote.. ok then i will go bigger pinion then.. hehe
Are you doing it for a tourer other wise use this guide you want an FDR of between 6.5 and 9 I think correct me if I'm wrong guys
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #921
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
Default

for a 8,5t sensored motor i am using betwen 18-22 t with 80 spur, maybe i use 75 spur..
chachotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #922
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
Default

hey people have you fell the diference in the car with the new options, the car is much more solid and the spring setup has become too harder.. i am using now 17,5 lb x-ray silver progressive springs in front, i still using red tamiya in the rear but i am thinging to use the stock spring, somebody has do it with full alloy bulkheads and carbon sock tower?? ( i didn,t buy the chasis yet)
chachotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #923
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachotu View Post
hey people have you fell the diference in the car with the new options, the car is much more solid and the spring setup has become too harder.. i am using now 17,5 lb x-ray silver progressive springs in front, i still using red tamiya in the rear but i am thinging to use the stock spring, somebody has do it with full alloy bulkheads and carbon sock tower?? ( i didn,t buy the chasis yet)
i would think that the stock springs would be too soft...already too soft with the stock set up..and with the added weight of the aluminum...it would probably just sit on the ground.

pickled is using a combo from the new D3 springs with the SSG carbon chassis and aluminum hopups...i'm waiting for all my other bits to arrive, then i'll order sets of the springs.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #924
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Hello all
I've been waiting patiently on my one-way coming from hkshobby and it's still not here, that's been about 6 weeks, considering I got my chassis in about 8 days it's a complete disgrace, anyway rant over, I've still not built my chassis, it's still in the box, I've got my belt tensioner , just didn't fancy building it to take it apart again, in just lucky I've got 2 other RC cars that I race, Mardave VRX CE and MX707R touring car, so I've just ordered sak 59 v2 from RC mart, and that will have to do
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #925
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to ^jynx^
Default

I have been r/c drifting for 12 years now and this is going to be my first CS car. My main drift chassis I'm currently using is a Ta03F david jun edition(with every tamiya hop up made for it) and in the drift stables are a TRF414M2, TT01, TB02R, Ta05, Sprint2, MR4-TC SD.

With that out of my way heres a question for the experianced D3 and CS drifters. What are some of the must have mods? Front oneway and belt tensioner
^jynx^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #926
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^jynx^ View Post
I have been r/c drifting for 12 years now and this is going to be my first CS car. My main drift chassis I'm currently using is a Ta03F david jun edition(with every tamiya hop up made for it) and in the drift stables are a TRF414M2, TT01, TB02R, Ta05, Sprint2, MR4-TC SD.

With that out of my way heres a question for the experianced D3 and CS drifters. What are some of the must have mods? Front oneway and belt tensioner
you don't really need a belt tensioner as you can just shim the rear pulley mount using 1mm at the front and 0.5mm at the rear screws it give a slight canter-lever action to it which tightens the belt creds for that go to td-civ. wide angle CVD's for the front any 44mm wide angles will do as long as the wheel end is the same length not the types that the joint sit in the bearing like R31's I use TRF 44mm Double Cardins but SAK-X27 SSK's work the same for half the price. Personally I think if you want this kit to run really smooth then get some new bearings (the yeah racing kit is surprisingly good) and think about the alloy hop ups as they keep the driveline nice and rigid and everything runs quieter. Don't forget alloy pulleys. with the alloy suspension mounts don't forget the pivot balls tamiya ones fit, and you can shim the pins with 1.5mm washers to reduce slop in the arms just need to work the arms for a bit till they loosen up

I forgot to mention springs I run purple on the front and pink on the rear

Last edited by pickled; 12-18-2012 at 04:52 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #927
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Hex pickled, I was wondering what sort of bearing kit you need to get any chance of a part number , I was looking at the double cardens aswell, do you take the ones that came with the kit apart to fit these new ones
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #928
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
Hex pickled, I was wondering what sort of bearing kit you need to get any chance of a part number , I was looking at the double cardens aswell, do you take the ones that came with the kit apart to fit these new ones
Yeah Racing RC Telfon Bearing Set with Bearing Oil For 1:10 3Racing Sakura D3 CS Sport #YB0271BX These are the bearings I'm using and they aren't too bad at all! No except to grind the pins flat! cause you need to keep 2 for the rear. You have to assemble the Double Cardins as they come disassembled
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #929
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
Hello all
I've been waiting patiently on my one-way coming from hkshobby and it's still not here, that's been about 6 weeks, considering I got my chassis in about 8 days it's a complete disgrace, anyway rant over, I've still not built my chassis, it's still in the box, I've got my belt tensioner , just didn't fancy building it to take it apart again, in just lucky I've got 2 other RC cars that I race, Mardave VRX CE and MX707R touring car, so I've just ordered sak 59 v2 from RC mart, and that will have to do
I'm not sure if this is the case..and I hope it's not. I thought I read bad reviews before with hkshobby..and before a first order from them...I tried calling...after a couple of days, I finally got through someone.
That person told me to just place the order online and they will ship it once they have it in stock...so, they would take your money/order even if they don't have it yet..and who knows how long that could take.
I tried to investigate because it seemed they had all the options online when 3Racing has NOT even released them yet.
That's why I never placed an order from hkshobby
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #930
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 69
Default

hey guys, my alum. fron bulkheads are in the way, another time, i crossfinger to arrive with one bulkhead of each side... lol
chachotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net