Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
where did you get the alloy pulley? is it a 38T? all I can find are Square and D-like, if I use a Square 41T and a 32T the CS ratio only goes up to 2.17
Sorry.....I meant the 13T front center pulley. I havent been actively looking for aluminum 38T and 30T pulleys yet.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Been testing the D3 for the first time today. :-) Everything is working!

But there are some issues. The stock tires... like bambi on ice on the carpet track! Any good tip on what to get for drifting on carpet?

And then.. crashed my Zero! So I tried the touring tires on the D3. Then I found out that the center belt are skipping at the rear pulley. Is the SAK-58 belt tension part the best one, or is there any other way to tighten it better?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Got some new shoes for her...

Last edited by eunique; 12-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anthias

But there are some issues. The stock tires... like bambi on ice on the carpet track! Any good tip on what to get for drifting on carpet?

And then.. crashed my Zero! So I tried the touring tires on the D3. Then I found out that the center belt are skipping at the rear pulley. Is the SAK-58 belt tension part the best one, or is there any other way to tighten it better?
your used to 50/50 drifting are you? well just play with the throttle you'll get used to it eventually takes a couple of weeks to get the basics but you only get better with practice. shim the rear belt mount with 1mm washers on the front screws and 0.5mm on the rear! tyres are a personal choice I run on asphalt so I don't have any experience with carpet, but I'd guess you probably want to get some softer compound possibly Yokomo DR-04's or Spice SPA-712's

Originally Posted by eunique
Got some new shoes for her...
did you get new tyres?
these are the rims I'm planning to get in the new year SPICE VOLK Racing TE37 and SPICE GramLights 57D with these tyres SPICE (#SPA-712) Camber Drift Tire Pull Type and SPICE (#SPD-008) High Flat Pull Drift Tire Reversible

Last edited by pickled; 12-16-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Great news to driving it now.

I find I like using the HPI T drifts best in carpet...the yeah racing are too slippery...although not bad after getting scuffed up a little on polished concrete

Never had problems with rear tension..most people have problems with loose center. Im using stock rear belt tensioner
Old 12-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

I wish that you could get unpopular car shells I'd get a Datsun 610/180B they are the body after the Datsun 510/1600 because they're so ugly they're beautiful. I have owned probably over fifty real 180B's they where all rust buckets but I love the L18B and L20B motors I have a worked motor in my shed I never got around to assembling it has 280Z fairlady valves and a V-rally head got it bored out to 2.2Ltr and balanced with hepolite flat top pistons just never put it together and don't have a datto to put it in any more. I know how and where 180B's rust so I think they'd make a perfect beater.

Last edited by pickled; 12-16-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by eunique
Great news to driving it now.

I find I like using the HPI T drifts best in carpet...the yeah racing are too slippery...although not bad after getting scuffed up a little on polished concrete

Never had problems with rear tension..most people have problems with loose center. Im using stock rear belt tensioner
Ok, get som T drifts then.

I have the original rear belt tensioner, and that belt don't skip. But the center does. Will try to skim the rear beltmount.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, get som T drifts then.

I have the original rear belt tensioner, and that belt don't skip. But the center does. Will try to skim the rear beltmount.
Sorry...misinterpreted...pickled's suggestion works good.
I also just got my order for a yokomo idler pulley that im attaching to a Zero tensioner which pickled also came up with.
He posted pics of it in the last couple of pages
Old 12-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

I wish that you could get unpopular car shells I'd get a Datsun 610/180B they are the body after the Datsun 510/1600 because they're so ugly they're beautiful. I have owned probably over fifty real 180B's they where all rust buckets but I love the L18B and L20B motors I have a worked motor in my shed I never got around to assembling it has 280Z fairlady valves and a V-rally head got it bored out to 2.2Ltr and balanced with hepolite flat top pistons just never put it together and don't have a datto to put it in any more. I know how and where 180B's rust so I think they'd make a perfect beater.

Love the look of those old school cars also...I had a Corolla '81 (which looks like the datsun 510s) which just found an rc body and thought about building that...not sure yet
Old 12-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

i supose that pickled i say for when you buy the alum steering.
one cuestion why do you use the mst knucles and no the original?!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

like this
I think they look more like this

I've had one of these too
and these

And a shit load of 180B's
Old 12-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chachotu
i suppose that pickled i say for when you buy the alum steering.
one question why do you use the mst knuckles and no the original?!
Ok these pictures should answer your questions

If your still wondering it's a KPI Mod (king pin inclination) and C-hub delete the king pin is offset so it has variable camber depending on the steering angle the inside wheel is at nearly 0* camber at full lock and the outside is at about -15* I set it up with a -10* camber on straight, it steers great but I'm still getting used to it on this new chassis as it handles different now
Old 12-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

like this
I think they look more like this
I've had one of these too

And a shit load of 180B's
Somewhat...but the 2 door version looks closer to the 510s than those.
But those old school cars look good...had '69 and '76 corollas too...'79 Corona, '80 Isuzu Gemini...among others
Old 12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone looking to order this kit. I just got mine from tqrcracing (google search them sense I cant post URLS)
payed 124$ shipped from cali, got to me here in CT in 3 business days. They also have most hop ups in stock.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ^jynx^
Anyone looking to order this kit. I just got mine from tqrcracing (google search them sense I cant post URLS)
payed 124$ shipped from cali, got to me here in CT in 3 business days. They also have most hop ups in stock.
Yes, they are pretty good...i've ordered a bunch of stuff from them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.