R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #871
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachotu View Post
the real problem with cvd is that it has too much oil, i cleaned them and use witout problems, hey guys today arrive my rcmart order and the front bulkheads are for right side both... very bad luck, i emailed to rcmart and to 3racing that is the manufacturer... i have to use with one plastic front bulkhead ( the left).
Hey pickled can you give me the ebay link for mst knucles, thanks in advance.
MST knuckles ebay
Too much oil lol, are you using the FOW? do you have SSK's or are you still using the solid axle with the standard CVD's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
wow...that is bad luck...i've never seen that. but, guess anything can happen.
hope they take care of you.
too bad...now you have to wait even longer.
i'm still waiting for my orders from Rcmart
you'll get yours soon have you checked when it left hong kong mine left last monday and I ordered it about the monday before that, but the order before that took 3 weeks as something got spilt on the box?
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #872
Tech Addict

had to re upload as the other pic got excessively resized. But you can see I've shimmed the the front arm yokomo top mount with a 3mm washer
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Graphite chassis, shock tower, bulkhead and more D3 hopups are available.

FYI, Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #874
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post

you'll get yours soon have you checked when it left hong kong mine left last monday and I ordered it about the monday before that, but the order before that took 3 weeks as something got spilt on the box?
I hope sooner than later..but checked tracking and it's till in hong kong
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #875
Tech Initiate

My D3 is only waiting for the new servo, and it's ready to go! :-)
Also need some new wheels to fill out that rear wheel arch
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #876
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
My D3 is only waiting for the new servo, and it's ready to go! :-)
Also need some new wheels to fill out that rear wheel arch
Yeah you'll hate those spark tyres lol I did but still used them when I had tosted all my other tyres. I reckon an offset of 8mm would fill those rear guards?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #877
Tech Apprentice

Default front end

i use fow, and wide angle drive shafts, i have de ssk but i think that it don,t turn enought for 55 of turn, i think..
chachotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #878
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah you'll hate those spark tyres lol I did but still used them when I had tosted all my other tyres. I reckon an offset of 8mm would fill those rear guards?
I have 4mm hex now, not the 5mm plastic part. I have also ordered 5 and 7 mm hex. So 6-9mm offset would be good I think. The front wheels is rather good match.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #879
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachotu View Post
i use fow, and wide angle drive shafts, i have de ssk but i think that it don,t turn enought for 55 of turn, i think..
the standard plastic steering sweeper is only capable of 45* so with out modifying it or buying the alloy steering sweeper you won't get 55* anyway. I modded the standard plastic sweeper cross bar adding 4mm so I get a bit more steering

Quote:
I have 4mm hex now, not the 5mm plastic part. I have also ordered 5 and 7 mm hex. So 6-9mm offset would be good I think. The front wheels is rather good match.
I use 5mm alloy hexs +1mm spacer on the rear and 5.5mm alloy hexs on the front but I'm only running 3mm offsets all round. Check out the SPICE VOLK Racing TE37 8mm offsets you can continue to run you 5mm hexs

Last edited by pickled; 12-15-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #880
Tech Initiate

What have you guys done with the antenna? In the manual it looks like it is on the servo side on one drawing and on the other it is on the ESC side. It is also a setscrew in the bottom. How does this ad up?

And the servo, is it a tight fit? Mine have less then 1mm from the servosaver to the body.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #881
Tech Addict

Quote:
What have you guys done with the antenna? In the manual it looks like it is on the servo side on one drawing and on the other it is on the ESC side. It is also a setscrew in the bottom. How does this ad up?

And the servo, is it a tight fit? Mine have less then 1mm from the servosaver to the body.
when I built mine the servo saver touched the chassis so I just changed to a servo horn the antenna is supposed to go through the piping then get locked into position with the set screw. the antenna goes on the servo side, but on my carbon chasssis I just passed it through the holes on the top deck

Last edited by pickled; 12-15-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #882
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,Im just wondering if there are any solutions to the front drive belt getting teeth chewed out every second day ?
I have been looking at this post since the car first came out and I have owned a D3 for about 2 months now,since then I have gone thru 4 front belts already.
With the one way in it,its much better it lasts much longer,or could it be just I dont know how to drive properly ?
Any help or info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Angry_Arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #883
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Arowana View Post
Hi guys,Im just wondering if there are any solutions to the front drive belt getting teeth chewed out every second day ?
I have been looking at this post since the car first came out and I have owned a D3 for about 2 months now,since then I have gone thru 4 front belts already.
With the one way in it,its much better it lasts much longer,or could it be just I dont know how to drive properly ?
Any help or info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ok do you have the little silver screws in the bearing holders at the bottom of the bulkhead adjustment? If you turn the bearing holder back towards the top as it turns toward the top it tensions the front belt if this doesn't help try turning towards the bottom as you may have the bearing holders in the wrong sides? I noticed this when building my carbon chassis as on the plastic one I could have it at the bottom with good tension. I have good tension now at the second from top on my carbon chassis! I haven't destroyed a single front belt only a centre belt

Last edited by pickled; 12-15-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #884
Tech Regular

I have only ruined one front belt which also chewed up the plastic pulley. Replaced the front belt and put in aluminim pulley and has been problem free since.
My center belt is starting to go a little bit...ill replace it when I build my carbon chassis.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #885
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I have only ruined one front belt which also chewed up the plastic pulley. Replaced the front belt and put in aluminim pulley and has been problem free since.
My center belt is starting to go a little bit...ill replace it when I build my carbon chassis.
where did you get the alloy pulley? is it a 38T? all I can find are Square and D-like, if I use a Square 41T and a 32T the CS ratio only goes up to 2.17

Last edited by pickled; 12-16-2012 at 12:23 AM.