R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #826
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
He made them here is his thread on DM http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread...3#.UMVBUYPqnmY
Thanks, pickled.
Wow...thats some great fabbing skills.
I thought they were manufactured prior to seeing that link of his post
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #827
Tech Adept
 
Kabul_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

will the belt tensioner for the sakura zero fit on the D3?
__________________
DLIKE RER weightshiftmeister - RWD drift car
OUTCLIP Yokomo Drift Package conversion
Kabul_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #828
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabul_RC View Post
will the belt tensioner for the sakura zero fit on the D3?
YEs, it will fit..I just ordered a yokomo idler pulley To be used on the Zero S tension post instead of just the bearing for even better tensioning capabilities
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #829
Tech Adept
 
Kabul_RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

you got a pic of that? and the part number for that idler pulley? might as well do a better tensioner. thanks
__________________
DLIKE RER weightshiftmeister - RWD drift car
OUTCLIP Yokomo Drift Package conversion
Kabul_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #830
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabul_RC View Post
you got a pic of that? and the part number for that idler pulley? might as well do a better tensioner. thanks

yokomo DRB-BRIP
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #831
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
yokomo DRB-BRIP
thanks for posting that, pickled...
you beat me to it
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #832
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
thanks for posting that, pickled...
you beat me to it
lol yeah had it ready thought I'd jump in
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #833
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Got my rear bulkhead and springs today the purples seem good no need for the tamiya spring clips anymore and the pinks are nicer than the whites too

I also spotted this overdose DRB tensioner pulley on ebay and this one

Last edited by pickled; 12-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #834
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Got my rear bulkhead and springs today the purples seem good no need for the tamiya spring clips anymore and the pinks are nicer than the whites too
:-)
pics? pics?
i got some good news for you, buddy...found the aluminum Front bulkhead cover...and placed my order
they also had the aluminum rear belt tensioner...still waiting on the steering though

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...0#.UMX20-aK4y4
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #835
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
:-)
pics? pics?
i got some good news for you, buddy...found the aluminum Front bulkhead cover...and placed my order
they also had the aluminum rear belt tensioner...still waiting on the steering though

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...0#.UMX20-aK4y4
minimum purchase is 29.95 and shipping is 18.98 for me
I'll just wait till rcMart has it



Have you noticed that there are no instructions on how to put the carbon chassis and option parts together only for the plastic chassis?

Ok I've tested out the new springs and they make a huge difference I haven't even setup the chassis properly yet only by eye as I changed my KPI top arm mount back so I don't even know if it has the same camber on each side or if the toe is even, but it drives in a straight line, the switch backs are easier to perform and it holds the drift good. I'm running purple on the front and pink on the rear

Last edited by pickled; 12-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #836
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the pics...have you had a pratice run yet? How do they perform?

I had a last minute change to just use the upgrade parts and hopups to complete my fully upgraded D3 since ordering more parts would end up costing too much buying double. Ill just take off my existing parts to complete my new SSG chassis and build it as I get all the new parts.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #837
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
minimum purchase is 29.95 and shipping is 18.98 for me
I'll just wait till rcMart has it

Have you noticed that there are no instructions on how to put the carbon chassis and option parts together only for the plastic chassis?

Ok I've tested out the new springs and they make a huge difference I haven't even setup the chassis properly yet only by eye as I changed my KPI top arm mount back so I don't even know if it has the same camber on each side or if the toe is even, but it drives in a straight line, the switch backs are easier to perform and it holds the drift good. I'm running purple on the front and pink on the rear
Wow.thats very promising and great news to hear!!! Im so excited and cant wait

Just to clarify, you removed the yokomo plastic upper arms?

Maybe...you r just getting better at drifting
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 AM   #838
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Wow.thats very promising and great news to hear!!! Im so excited and cant wait

Just to clarify, you removed the yokomo plastic upper arms?

Maybe...you r just getting better at drifting
No I turned them around and had about 25* postive caster (as the pic above shows) so I turned them back and just by eyeballing I'd say just over 5* but about -7-9* camber on full lock outer wheel and and -1-2* camber inner wheel -5* ish on straight

I'm going to set it up properly today before I take it to the kids school if I get the time after shopping

Last edited by pickled; 12-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #839
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, Au
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

progress, Rcmart got the sus balls out in superfast time
Attached Thumbnails
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-g3pics-560.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-g3pics-564.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-g3pics-569.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-g3pics-572.jpg  
__________________
I pay to play, do you ?
ozace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #840
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace View Post
progress, Rcmart got the sus balls out in superfast time
Nice, that chassis looks great with the options bolted to it. You can use 1.5mm M3 washers on the suspension arms instead of the plastic washers that come with the kit, they're tight at first but after working them for a while they loosen up. (You can just see them in the pics above of my chassis)
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0