R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #796
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, Au
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

balls ordered from 2 stores in the hope one will arrive by xmas. thanks gents
__________________
I pay to play, do you ?
ozace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #797
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
So when you get it take apart the CVD's grease them grind flats on the pins re-assemble, use thread lock on the grub screws. Otherwise they come apart, I know from experience lol.
Done! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Be careful with the threads if you can get a 3mm tapping bit run that through the holes first with some light oil first (thanks eunique) then you won't strip the threads easily when you assemble it.
Everything mounted, every thread is good. Only damage was one of the battery mounts. :-)

But I have some questions.

1. The center screw on the chassimount of the frontbumper... How do you mount this? I got so tired of pushing the nut out of the mount, I glued it to the hole. Think I glued the threads also.... :-D

2. The front is heavy. Have you done any mods here? If I press down the front it does not raise itself much...

3. What is the best belt tentioner for the center belt?

What is anoying is that the bodyposts don't match the zero.. Thinking about cutting the posts and using velcro. Any advice on this matter?
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #798
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Done! :-)



Everything mounted, every thread is good. Only damage was one of the battery mounts. :-)

But I have some questions.

1. The center screw on the chassimount of the frontbumper... How do you mount this? I got so tired of pushing the nut out of the mount, I glued it to the hole. Think I glued the threads also.... :-D

2. The front is heavy. Have you done any mods here? If I press down the front it does not raise itself much...

3. What is the best belt tentioner for the center belt?

What is anoying is that the bodyposts don't match the zero.. Thinking about cutting the posts and using velcro. Any advice on this matter?
1. remove the foam bumper 1st, so youre finger can push the nuts, i tweezers th hold the nuts.

2. add just the preload of the shocks, it will make the springs compress and push the piston downward / it will raise it self

3. i dont use belt tensioner for the center belt, on my opinion and as i observe with my D3 when i tension the center belt it cause a drag brake, (when tension is to tight, i thinks stock belt tension is not bad enough .
__________________
WHERE THE ADVENTURE CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE !

-Scale RC
wntdcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #799
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Done! :-)



Everything mounted, every thread is good. Only damage was one of the battery mounts. :-)

But I have some questions.

1. The center screw on the chassimount of the frontbumper... How do you mount this? I got so tired of pushing the nut out of the mount, I glued it to the hole. Think I glued the threads also.... :-D

2. The front is heavy. Have you done any mods here? If I press down the front it does not raise itself much...

3. What is the best belt tentioner for the center belt?

What is anoying is that the bodyposts don't match the zero.. Thinking about cutting the posts and using velcro. Any advice on this matter?
1. I was able to screw it...slowly until it starts to thread...and don't push the hex screw in which pushes the nut up and away from it's indent space.
2. yes, front is heavy due to motor...besides the adjusting of the shock collar screwing it down...I am now using a spring that is slightly stiffer than stock (from an Integy set that I am using on my Zero S)
3. others have used some spacers on the rear gear holder.
I have a Zero S belt tensioner (I don't like how close lower belt is getting to the top belt) so I ordered an idler pulley (sourced from a Yokomo)
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #800
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Adjusting the preload helped, but now it is almost at the bottom. eunique, what load spring did you change to? I have some for my Zero I maybe could use.

What about bodyposts? you all have them going trough your body?

And what about toe in the front. Mine is a bit toe out. Is it suposed to be that way?
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #801
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I haVent begun on my SSG build yet...but can't we use the plastic front bearing covers for now with the aluminum front bulkhead?
yeah you could but it just won't look right. and you'll have to pull it apart again to install the alloy ones
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #802
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Done! :-)



Everything mounted, every thread is good. Only damage was one of the battery mounts. :-)

But I have some questions.

1. The center screw on the chassimount of the frontbumper... How do you mount this? I got so tired of pushing the nut out of the mount, I glued it to the hole. Think I glued the threads also.... :-D

2. The front is heavy. Have you done any mods here? If I press down the front it does not raise itself much...

3. What is the best belt tentioner for the center belt?

What is anoying is that the bodyposts don't match the zero.. Thinking about cutting the posts and using velcro. Any advice on this matter?
I just left the centre screw out it's not really necessary anyway.

I use tamiya spring clips to give extra adjustment

as eunique said yokomo DRB-RBIP idler pulley with zero tensioner mount

velcro doesn't really work well it comes off and gets trashed etc. I have some neodymium rare earth magnets that I'm planning on using for stealth mounts.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #803
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Adjusting the preload helped, but now it is almost at the bottom. eunique, what load spring did you change to? I have some for my Zero I maybe could use.

What about bodyposts? you all have them going trough your body?

And what about toe in the front. Mine is a bit toe out. Is it suposed to be that way?
toe out depends on you .....

yup thats one of my problem i cant lowered my body shell shock tower touch the body shell..

try to add kick up, may 2-4mm, but it will change the behavior and handling of the kit !
__________________
WHERE THE ADVENTURE CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE !

-Scale RC
wntdcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #804
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Adjusting the preload helped, but now it is almost at the bottom. eunique, what load spring did you change to? I have some for my Zero I maybe could use.

What about bodyposts? you all have them going trough your body?

And what about toe in the front. Mine is a bit toe out. Is it suposed to be that way?
yeah I tried making my own stealth mounts out of velcro but it's no good. you should have about 1*- 2* toe out
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #805
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
yeah I tried making my own stealth mounts out of velcro but it's no good. you should have about 1*- 2* toe out
Ok. Tnx. Think the toe out is about right then. All the links is adjusted after the manual. Waiting for my tools and servo from hobbyking. :-)
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #806
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Ok. Tnx. Think the toe out is about right then. All the links is adjusted after the manual. Waiting for my tools and servo from hobbyking. :-)
you'll definitely need a setup kit for doing camber, toe and ride height
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #807
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
velcro doesn't really work well it comes off and gets trashed etc. I have some neodymium rare earth magnets that I'm planning on using for stealth mounts.
where can you get the magnets from? I was using velcro on crawler bodies and ended up cracking the shell. I'd like to use a stealth mount setup on my D3 also..
SkR8Pn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #808
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
you'll definitely need a setup kit for doing camber, toe and ride height
I have tools for measuring hight, And i get tools for camber now. Only missing for caster, but don't think I need that. Not going to run in a competition anyway. :-)

Cutting my body now.
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #809
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkR8Pn View Post
where can you get the magnets from? I was using velcro on crawler bodies and ended up cracking the shell. I'd like to use a stealth mount setup on my D3 also..
I got the magnets from eBay they're heaps small 10mm across 1mm thick and are quite strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
I have tools for measuring hight, And i get tools for camber now. Only missing for caster, but don't think I need that. Not going to run in a competition anyway. :-)

Cutting my body now.
you don't need to measure caster it's set by the C-hub 10*
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #810
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I got the magnets from Ebay they're heaps small 10mm across 1mm thick and are quite strong
Champ... that is perfect! Just gotta wait till they get here.... Thanks
SkR8Pn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net