Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #691
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
here is a thread on the same topic over at DM
http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread...s#.UK6WhIfqnmY
Thanks!

Is there limited space for the servo on this car? On the sakura zero the "normal" size is a tight fit. The LP model is way better.
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #692
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthias View Post
Thanks!

Is there limited space for the servo on this car? On the sakura zero the "normal" size is a tight fit. The LP model is way better.
No I run a standard servo. I am using a yeah racing metal gear fast servo
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #693
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
What servo would be good with this car, and CS in general. Guess it should be fast. 0.10 ok? 10kg torque? a 50-60g servo?

anything .10 or faster and more the 100oz

my self i used only 2 servos in my drift cars

spektrum 6040 or savox 1275tg
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #694
Tech Addict

Have a look at this modded D3
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #695
Tech Rookie

Dorvack did a great job on the inboard mod. Not a hard conversion with it being basically a bolt on job.
SkR8Pn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #696
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I have a Sakura Zero S. I have been trying to drift this car with a 50/50 Setup on carpet. This has been... Not a great experience with the stock setup and a newbi drifter. I have been looking to convert the zero s to a CS car, but as the others on my local track run mostly touring this havent been done.

I now want to buy a new car for CS drift. Should I go for the D3 or the Zero? What would be the big difference between a front engine and a center engine? I guess the D3 will have a rear end that is easyer to "come out", but would also understeer more?
well, for me It was a hard pick. I started off with the Zero S, put in front and rear spools and tweaking and setting up the chassis, better shocks and pretty happy with the set up. then I really got lured in with D3 CS and front motor. front motor is new to drifting and so far only 3 chassis available plus some front motor mods to existing chassis. I got it, ordering hopups as they get released and have been practicing with D3 and still far from done.

I have just recently been trying to CS my Zero and ordered some new parts and front one way for it and different gears. however, still have problems with too long of rear belt after smaller pulley gear...have been trying to mod belt tensioner and figure out smaller belt. I intend to get it to similar CS or at least closer to the D3 CS ratio.

under steer and overseer I've found out can mostly be tweaked with playing suspension setups and pickup points.

Last edited by eunique; 11-24-2012 at 09:24 PM.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #697
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkR8Pn View Post
Dorvack did a great job on the inboard mod. Not a hard conversion with it being basically a bolt on job.
Totally awesome mod I just need a parts list now lol to do this mod too. I reckon this would solve some of the front suspension woe we experience as well?
Old 11-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #698
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
im a 3racing dealer now so i order right from them

td-civ...i've sent you a msg locally through LRC
twisted concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #699
Tech Rookie

hi everyone.. just came back from YIDM2012 Surabaya Indonesia and planning to get my 3rd CS chassis which is the D3. Ive tried to download the manual / user guide/ instructions pdf from the 3Racing.hk and failed tens of times of times. anyone got their PDF file? just the manual. Ive got the setup sheet no prob. I wanted to research and plan ahead before buying for next year's YIDM 2013 Singapore. Thanks very much and really appreciated it.. 8)
Old 11-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #700
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb214 View Post
hi everyone.. just came back from YIDM2012 Surabaya Indonesia and planning to get my 3rd CS chassis which is the D3. Ive tried to download the manual / user guide/ instructions pdf from the 3Racing.hk and failed tens of times of times. anyone got their PDF file? just the manual. Ive got the setup sheet no prob. I wanted to research and plan ahead before buying for next year's YIDM 2013 Singapore. Thanks very much and really appreciated it.. 8)
Ok yeah I just got it it took a while for the page to load but I've saved it and re-upped on 4Shared. D3 CS Sport Manual

More D3 hop ups

SAK-D307/SG SSG Graphite Front Shock Tower For Sakura D3

SAK-D327 Damper Spring M1.2 x 31 (9) Color- Pink For Sakura D3

SAK-D328 Damper Spring M1.2 x 31 (8) Color- Orange For Sakura D3

Looks like there are some good deals on rcMart too

Last edited by pickled; 11-25-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #701
Tech Regular

Quote:
Ok yeah I just got it it took a while for the page to load but I've saved it and re-upped on 4Shared.
More D3 hop ups

SAK-D307/SG SSG Graphite Front Shock Tower For Sakura D3

Looks like there are some good deals on rcMart too
i saw those new ones...rcmart doesn't have the shock tower yet..i wanted to order that also..i have a big order pending from rcmart. still waiting for another prior order from them to arrive

did you end up getting the Reventon ESC combo? if you did get it? how is it? VERY happy with it?
they have one on sale with 13.5T hackmoto motor...i am so tempted to add that to my pending order!!!!

bummed that the graphite shock tower is not in stock yet at rcmart
Old 11-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #702
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
i saw those new ones...rcmart doesn't have the shock tower yet..i wanted to order that also..i have a big order pending from rcmart. still waiting for another prior order from them to arrive

did you end up getting the Reventon ESC combo? if you did get it? how is it? VERY happy with it?
they have one on sale with 13.5T hackmoto motor...i am so tempted to add that to my pending order!!!!

bummed that the graphite shock tower is not in stock yet at rcmart
give it a day or so and it will be? I didn't get that combo no cash too! did you get 1? I saw that hackmoto (the one with savox servo?) they got heaps of combo's leading up to Christmas, but be aware that after about the first or second week of December the mail system backs up and you won't get your orders till the new year?

Last edited by pickled; 11-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #703
Tech Regular

Quote:
give it a day or so and it will be? I didn't get that combo no cash too! did you get 1? I saw that hackmoto (the one with savox servo?) they got heaps of combo's leading up to Christmas, but be aware that after about the first or second week of December the mail system backs up and you won't get your orders till the new year?
I see...I'll have to get my order in soon...maybe I'll hold off on that reventon.
I like what you and Dorvak are doing with the mods on D3.

Plus, we will be moving out of our house...too much stuff happening this season
Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #704
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I see...I'll have to get my order in soon...maybe I'll hold off on that reventon.
I like what you and Dorvak are doing with the mods on D3.

Plus, we will be moving out of our house...too much stuff happening this season
Thanks mine wasn't that difficult just cut the A-arms lol. I really like the inboard shocks that Dorvak has built on his. I'm definitely going to do the same It will give more adjustment too so will help with the bottoming out. I always end up ordering stuff after the second week of December and it never gets to me till near the end of December or after New Years so that's why I mentioned it. I'm going to put a big order in next week and then wait till new years till my next 1.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #705
Tech Rookie

Successfully downloaded instruction manual... finally.... ahaha thanks a lot Pickled. will post my initial 2D views and thoughts. Pickled, is that the parts from Oreolai RC?