Originally Posted by pickled View Post
rear
1* rear toe in
-1* camber
2.5mm ride height
6mm wheel hex's
3mm offset rims
your ride is that low?
yes..I know what u mean about a body for the D3. I will use that Nissan S15 on it for now until I am better at handling that CS better and not crash as much

front
0 toe
-6 camber
6 mm ride height
3mm offset rims
6mm hexes

rear
2* toe in
-3* camber
6mm ride height
3mm offset rims on Yeah Racing (6mm offset on HPI T-drifts)
6mm hexes
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #542
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
Hope ya getting better td-civ, all the best, the MST chassis is a different kettle of fish I would imagine
thanks

Quote:
Same td-civ hope your feeling better soon!

the MST xxx vip is a blinged up shaftie comes with alot of alloy in red not sure if you can get other colours? They did a review of it on DriftMission
being a mst dealer is the best and i love the red as i already have the FS-01D red too soo getting the xxx-d vip was a must lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
REAR*stock toe*-4 camber*5mm high6mm hex*3mm shim6mm off set rim*hpi t-drift tires

Bit of a daft question, what's the 3mm shim about, and is the 6mm hex what holds the wheels on, I did say it was a daft question vol
Quote:
I think the shim goes under the suspension mounts?? 6mm hex is the wheel adapter 12mm hex 6mm thick.

the shims are wheel shims to space the wheels out more
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #543
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
thanks

being a mst dealer is the best and i love the red as i already have the FS-01D red too soo getting the xxx-d vip was a must lol

the shims are wheel shims to space the wheels out more
Ahh ok there you go then! have you had a go of it yet? does it torque steer much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
your ride is that low?
yes..I know what u mean about a body for the D3. I will use that Nissan S15 on it for now until I am better at handling that CS better and not crash as much
yeah it's what it says in the instructions for the rear +.5mm and the front -.5mm. I will still play around with the setup till I find a better setting so far it's pretty good

hey looking at the rear of the instructions at optional parts the one way actually looks like the spacer is on the inside? can anyone confirm that? I guess I'll probably just have to wait till next week to find out when my order gets here!

Last edited by pickled; 11-02-2012 at 07:39 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #544
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
hey looking at the rear of the instructions at optional parts the one way actually looks like the spacer is on the inside? can anyone confirm that? I guess I'll probably just have to wait till next week to find out when my order gets here!
yes, the spacer is on the inside..that's what was in the diagram in the instructions and that's how I built it...the pulleys lined up with the belts, no problem.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #545
Tech Addict

Quote:
yes, the spacer is on the inside..that's what was in the diagram in the instructions and that's how I built it...the pulleys lined up with the belts, no problem.
sweet I'll check it out when mine gets here!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #546
Tech Regular

hope I get to get a little practice today at the LHS drift track
....at least for an hour
Old 11-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #547
Tech Addict

Quote:
hope I get to get a little practice today at the LHS drift track
....at least for an hour
Taking your battery from the zero as well?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #548
Tech Regular

Quote:
Taking your battery from the zero as well?
haha...yes, I took both batteries...normally I bring both cars, but I forgot the Zero and just concentrated on practicing the D3....it did fine on the Yeah Racing combo tire/wheel, but felt a marked difference with the T-drifts and HPI TE37 rims.

It felt better..but still not "good" as far as practicing goes. I still need a lot..specially with all the transitions on that track....and maybe tweak the settings a bit more and practice and tweak and practice.

was also reading recently into morphing the Slash 4x4 to monster truck style with bigger rims/wheels

Last edited by eunique; 11-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #549
Tech Addict

Quote:
haha...yes, I took both batteries...normally I bring both cars, but I forgot the Zero and just concentrated on practicing the D3....it did fine on the Yeah Racing combo tire/wheel, but felt a marked difference with the T-drifts and HPI TE37 rims.

It felt better..but still not "good" as far as practicing goes. I still need a lot..specially with all the transitions on that track....and maybe tweak the settings a bit more and practice and tweak and practice.

was also reading recently into morphing the Slash 4x4 to monster truck style with bigger rims/wheels
lol I have trouble with transitions to but I find that if you back off and steer to the direction you wish to transition too it will flick that way then put the power down again and feather it it goes into the drift nicely. is the slash made by traxxis? or axial?.

I hate it on big tracks when you can't hear the rpm of your car it makes it soo much harder cause I end up putting down to much power lol and spinning
Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #550
Tech Master

Quote:
Ahh ok there you go then! have you had a go of it yet? does it torque steer much?

nope my d3 is very smooth to control and its even better now that i geared up on my FDR
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #551
Tech Addict

Quote:
nope my d3 is very smooth to control and its even better now that i geared up on my FDR
No I was talking about the XXX-D VIP
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #552
Tech Master

Quote:
No I was talking about the XXX-D VIP
its not done yet and still dont know what body i want on it
Old 11-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #553
Tech Addict

Quote:
its not done yet and still dont know what body i want on it
So because shafties deliver so much torque I think you should pick a body that reflects power e.g. a mustang or a supra, etc. As you all ready have an R35 I didn't include that, lol. But I expect you were already thinking something like that. I'm thinking of doing the yokomo D-MAX one via body with the uras gang body mods I think they look awesome!

This body is starting to grow on me too PANDORA Nissan Fairlady Z 370Z/Z34

Last edited by pickled; 11-03-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #554
Tech Regular

Quote:
So because shafties deliver so much torque I think you should pick a body that reflects power e.g. a mustang or a supra, etc. As you all ready have an R35 I didn't include that, lol. But I expect you were already thinking something like that. I'm thinking of doing the yokomo D-MAX one via body with the uras gang body mods I think they look awesome!
that D-Max one via is nice...I'm just going to be putting together a cheap (sourced from ebay from HK) Nissan S15 body for my D3 for now...just to practice around in and get trashed since my AE86 is beat up...until I get better, then I will make a better body for it.

td-civ
how is that XXX-VIP? that MST chassis looks pretty sweet!!! and do you have to get many hopup parts for it?
or is it good right out of the box?
Old 11-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #555
Tech Addict

Quote:
that D-Max one via is nice...I'm just going to be putting together a cheap (sourced from ebay from HK) Nissan S15 body for my D3 for now...just to practice around in and get trashed since my AE86 is beat up...until I get better, then I will make a better body for it.

td-civ
how is that XXX-VIP? that MST chassis looks pretty sweet!!! and do you have to get many hopup parts for it?
or is it good right out of the box?
have you seen the uras mods for it awsome

I think the XXX vip is fully optioned out of the box!