Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

hey td-civ you even still there? Did your order get shipped or did they stuff you around? I hope your not pissed at me? Sorry if I pissed you off!

Hey eunique what tyres do have on that chassis I like the way they look like bubble tyres
Old 10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled

Hey eunique what tyres do have on that chassis I like the way they look like bubble tyres
those are inexpensive Yeah Racing wheels with 3 degree drift tires (3mm offset)
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
those are inexpensive Yeah Racing wheels with 3 degree drift tires (3mm offset)
sweet I got a set coming in a couple of days or so 16 bucks with rims awsome.

I've knocked my R34 shell around abit so I'm getting the repair products i.e. Aluminum reinforced tape, fibre tape and repair Adhesive. I have splits in the body etc. I'm thinking of getting a new body, the Yokomo Dmax One Via shell and the Uras One Via wider fender complete set. For when I build the carbon version of this chassis.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Hex All.
I've ordered SAK-D324/PK for chassis, does this part just slot right in, or does it need anything done to it, thanks in advance for any help
Old 11-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tworrs
Hex All.
I've ordered SAK-D324/PK for chassis, does this part just slot right in, or does it need anything done to it, thanks in advance for any help
It is made for this chassis all you have to do is assemble it. If you've already assembled the chassis then you need to strip the front bulkhead and remove the spool just keep it to one side if you want to build another out of the option parts, Add the bearings to the oneway and reassemble the bulkhead. Careful not to stretch the front belt.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Initiate

That's great news pickled, I just seen a few pages ago that there was another one that fitted I was originally going to fit the SAK-59/v2, but they are all sold out
Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

That's great news pickled, I just seen a few pages ago that there was another one that fitted I was originally going to fit the SAK-59/v2, but they are all sold out
Yeah they are both the same tube, the 59 has a spacer that isn't required with this chassis the 324 has a spacer as well but it goes on the outside of the pulley to stiffen it! I'll have both as soon as my order arrives next week. I want to get all the option parts for this chassis so when the carbon is released I can build a complete hopped up D3! That's why I said to put the spool to one side as all you'll need is the 30T alloy pulley to add the rear spool to the other car if you decide to build the full optioned chassis and keep your original one as well, you'll need to get a set of screws, turnbuckles and pivot balls etc, bearing housings, bearings, alloy pulleys, shocks, posts(chassis,steering and body) and the front bumper assembly as well as all the option parts for a complete chassis.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Wow, that's a lot of bits, I'm not to sure if I'll be going for full customization, I've got two other RC cars that I race alternate weeks, (Mardave V12 VRX CE and a MX707R tourer) my club does not have a drift night, so the drift car is more for myself .it's the real reason for getting into this hobby, so I'm looking into starting my own drift club , not being easy though, it's not a big scene over in the UK, especially in Scotland, bit it's something that's really interesting myself
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

spool to the other car if you decide to build the full optioned chassis and keep your original one as well, you'll need to get a set of screws, turnbuckles and pivot balls etc, bearing housings, bearings, alloy pulleys, shocks, posts(chassis,steering and body) and the front bumper assembly as well as all the option parts for a complete chassis.
I've got most of those bits already...even full set yeah racing Teflon bearings so when all options And CF chassis gets released. I didn't really t hunk about it that way to just build a second car...but I won't need a 2nd one. So I'll just strip most of what I have and put it together.

That's why I have been adding my option parts as I get them. I did leave out the motor plate with built in heat sink out until I do the complete rebuild hen everything becomes available.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

body etc. I'm thinking of getting a new body, the Yokomo Dmax One Via shell and the Uras One Via wider fender complete set. For when I build the carbon version of this chassis.
yup, great deal on the set. I initially didn't like them when I used them on drift carpet track brand new...too slippery I was. But then a little bit of sliding on concrete roughed them up enough and my last day at LHS drift track, those were all I used and didn't even mount my T-drifts...I'm liking those now.

I got a cheap prepainted Nissan S15 off eBay shipped from HK...didn't like all the graphics so I tried the brake fluid thing with paper towels to try to strip the color and reprint the body...it did not work. Guess its not regular paint. So, I'm thinking about painting it from the outside and multiple coats of clear. What do you think?

My Toyota AE86 body is pretty trashed...use it both on D3 and my Sakura Zero S.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

hey td-civ you even still there? Did your order get shipped or did they stuff you around? I hope your not pissed at me? Sorry if I pissed you off!

lol no no i have been very sick so i have not been to my track to see what has came in as i have my guys running the track for me till im better as i have been in and out of the hospital

so the only rc things i have done is build my MST XXX-D VIP its not done yet by its getting there

as for my d3 it runs great now with all the change i have done and im running the stock 2.14 cs but ill still drop it down a bit but ill wait till all the upgrades are out to do it

here how my d3 is setup right now

10.5 sensor
spektrum 6040 servo
stock cs
front oneway
FDR is 8.57

FRT
stock toe
-6 camber
5mm high
6mm hex
6mm off set rim
hpi t-drift tires

REAR
stock toe
-4 camber
5mm high
6mm hex
3mm shim
6mm off set rim
hpi t-drift tires
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Hope ya getting better td-civ, all the best, the MST chassis is a different kettle of fish I would imagine
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hope ya getting better td-civ, all the best, the MST chassis is a different kettle of fish I would imagine
Same td-civ hope your feeling better soon!

the MST xxx vip is a blinged up shaftie comes with alot of alloy in red not sure if you can get other colours? They did a review of it on DriftMission

Originally Posted by eunique
I got a cheap prepainted Nissan S15 off eBay shipped from HK...didn't like all the graphics so I tried the brake fluid thing with paper towels to try to strip the color and reprint the body...it did not work. Guess its not regular paint. So, I'm thinking about painting it from the outside and multiple coats of clear. What do you think?

My Toyota AE86 body is pretty trashed...use it both on D3 and my Sakura Zero S.
I think you should just buy a body for the D3 and paint it yourself it's a bit fiddley masking up, you paint the light colours first. but if you decide to paint that body then your still going to need to mask it up but you paint the dark colours first on the outside, the only problem is as soon as you hit something it will chip the paint. You could get a yokomo AE86 if you want then get the wider fenders and bonnet. they have mods like that on japan race and drift or pandora do a good version S15 SILeighty but it's out of stock on rcMart, they have it on genkidoridori.com

Last edited by pickled; 11-01-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

REAR*stock toe*-4 camber*5mm high6mm hex*3mm shim6mm off set rim*hpi t-drift tires

Bit of a daft question, what's the 3mm shim about, and is the 6mm hex what holds the wheels on, I did say it was a daft question vol
Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

REAR*stock toe*-4 camber*5mm high6mm hex*3mm shim6mm off set rim*hpi t-drift tires

Bit of a daft question, what's the 3mm shim about, and is the 6mm hex what holds the wheels on, I did say it was a daft question vol
I think the shim goes under the suspension mounts?? 6mm hex is the wheel adapter 12mm hex 6mm thick.

I run
front
2* front toe out
0* camber
4.5mm ride height
5mm wheel hex's
3mm offset rims

rear
1* rear toe in
-1* camber
2.5mm ride height
6mm wheel hex's
3mm offset rims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.