R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #496
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
haha, lol! I might start to put some parts in tonight, whatever I can.
yes, it's a ball end tool. I'm chewing up ball ends using pliers.
I'm going to try 1.87 CS ratio...although I am feeling better with the practice I'm getting with the standard ratio. LOL!

so, I probably didn't really need the other pulleys. oh well.
good to have stuff to try out and tweak!
Yeah it's always good to have extra bits. Don't forget to grind flats on the pulley shafts and you'll be able to space the rear center one so the belt rides more in the middle of the pulley
Have seen on the D3 page of 3Racing site the RACE tab under it a guy used the chassis and came third I think in the Kobe Super RC Drift Race he was running a 1.48 CS ratio

re the D3 LE I put up earlier. I asked the seller a few questions 1. he says all 3racing parts apart from discs and 2. the shocks aren't the same as the image and infact are the same adjustable shocks as the D3.
He must work in the factory in taiwan and pinched a few maybe unreleased as of yet! or the ssg is from the prototype?

I got my alloy suspension mounts (front is a zero 0* rear zero 1* and the XI seperated rf and fr) and tamiya suspension balls as well as 1mm and 0.5mm washers I used to shim the suspension pins they fit great and no movement at all.

Last edited by pickled; 10-30-2012 at 05:14 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #497
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah it's always good to have extra bits. Don't forget to grind flats on the pulley shafts and you'll be able to space the rear center one so the belt rides more in the middle of the pulley
Have seen on the D3 page of 3Racing site the RACE tab under it a guy used the chassis and came third I think in the Kobe Super RC Drift Race he was running a 1.48 CS ratio

YES, I read that..pretty awesome!

re the D3 LE I put up earlier. I asked the seller a few questions 1. he says all 3racing parts apart from discs and 2. the shocks aren't the same as the image and infact are the same adjustable shocks as the D3.
He must work in the factory in taiwan and pinched a few maybe unreleased as of yet! or the ssg is from the prototype?

That's good to know...I thought the chassis and upper deck were fiber glass and not carbon?

I got my alloy suspension mounts (front is a zero 0* rear zero 1* and the XI seperated rf and fr) and tamiya suspension balls as well as 1mm and 0.5mm washers I used to shim the suspension pins they fit great and no movement at all.
nice! I have those installed already...but I am running 2* in the rear..I have 0, 1, 2 and 3*....I am testing out the 2* right now. seems to work good. I might have to try the 1*
I finished installing the front one way last night. But, have not tried it yet.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #498
Tech Regular

here's pics of my mounts
Attached Thumbnails
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-20121025_d3-1239189318.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-d3_160121675341226.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-d3_131815-1375647503.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #499
Tech Addict

Quote:
here's pics of my mounts
I had to loosen every screw on the front bulkhead to get the zero front mount in as it has locator pins where the middle screws attach. It just touches the motor plate, but it's in and solid now! I used heaps of boron nitride grease in the socket so should stay wear free for a while. lol you showing off those ssk's.

Man I've chewed through three sets of tyres since I built this chassis mind you two were already pretty low from another car I have to use the ones that came with it now, stupid sparking tyres! I have a set of yeah racing tyres and rims coming but they won't be here till next week at the earliest. I know people don't like them but they are just going to get chewed up on concrete anyway!

td-civ have you heard anything about your back order? I hope everything has gone well!

Last edited by pickled; 10-30-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #500
Tech Regular

Quote:
I had to loosen every screw on the front bulkhead to get the zero front mount in as it has locator pins where the middle screws attach. It just touches the motor plate, but it's in and solid now! I used heaps of boron nitride grease in the socket so should stay wear free for a while. lol you showing off those ssk's.
LOL! yes. I was going to put back the stock CVDs with the front one way just to check it out and see if it was still chatter free.
but, I figured it was still better withe the SSKs for the wider angle, so I kept the SSKs on it.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #501
Tech Addict

Quote:
LOL! yes. I was going to put back the stock CVDs with the front one way just to check it out and see if it was still chatter free.
but, I figured it was still better withe the SSKs for the wider angle, so I kept the SSKs on it.
they still chatter at full lock its the universal joint in them knocking on the inside of the outer joint. yeah they work better.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #502
Tech Initiate

Hey
I was just wanting to make sure I'm doing something right before I do it, is it the axle with D44 printed on it that you take apart , then flatten down the centre of the pin, them return the grub screw with thread lock , going to build my chassis , just want to do this first,
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #503
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
Hey
I was just wanting to make sure I'm doing something right before I do it, is it the axle with D44 printed on it that you take apart , then flatten down the centre of the pin, them return the grub screw with thread lock , going to build my chassis , just want to do this first,
Yes, your front CVDs..the pins have a tendency to slip out from the grub screw that is supposed to keep it in place in the shaft roller which holds the axle in place...or you can get those axle pin holders from the Sakura XI and slide them in place over. That will keep the pins from sliding out.

Doing the Dremel mod to flatten the pin is free though.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #504
Tech Addict

You need an extensive supply of tyres for this chassis just like a real drifter lol

Quote:
Hey
Quote:
Yes, your front CVDs..the pins have a tendency to slip out from the grub screw that is supposed to keep it in place in the shaft roller which holds the axle in place...or you can get those axle pin holders from the Sakura XI and slide them in place over. That will keep the pins from sliding out.

Doing the Dremel mod to flatten the pin is free though.
Not just the front CVD's do the pins on all the CVD's and replace your front CVD's with something with a wider angle that will help with the chatter

hey eunique I'll post some pics of my mounts with washers later.

Last edited by pickled; 10-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #505
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
ok just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying the d3 the oneway is a must it will give you more control plus if your going to buy a esc motor for it or any drift car (well any rc in my point)

buy a sensor setup its way smoother and is best of CS drifting

the last d3 i built for a guy he had a none sensor motor in it 5700kv and it was hand full to run even with me running it i put a sensor 8.5 motor in it and it was night and day more control and way smoother
Which one way did you pick up?
STICKM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #506
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKM4N View Post
Which one way did you pick up?
either oneway will fit ( SAK-59/V2 or SAK-D324/PK) they are the same tube the 59 has a spacer you leave out.

3Racing (#SAK-59/V2/PK) Front One Way Ver 2 For 3racing Sakura Zero

3Racing Aluminum One Way Tube For Sakura D3 #SAK-D324/PK

I have both as does td-civ and a few others cause we want all the option parts

Last edited by pickled; 10-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #507
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the help guys, all done
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #508
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys, all done
Now you just have to learn how to drive it lol!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #509
Tech Regular

Quote:
Now you just have to learn how to drive it lol!
lol! that's the true hard part

just got done installing other pulleys and rear aluminum tower.

Last edited by eunique; 10-30-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #510
Tech Regular

aluminum gear adaptor, titanium gear shafts, 14T front gear,
aluminum gear cover, rear aluminum tower
Attached Thumbnails
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-20121030_1645081488103763.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-20121030_164522-25200701.jpg