R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #466
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Has any one seen this combo and what do you think of it?
Speed Passion Reventon Pro Brushless ESC with FREE Competition Motor V3 (5.5R) - #Champion Combo Setl It's cheaper than the esc alone.
would probably be better teamed up with this motor
Speed Passion (#13895V3) Competition Motor Ver.3 (9.5R)

Last edited by pickled; 10-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #467
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Has any one seen this combo and what do you think of it?
Speed Passion Reventon Pro Brushless ESC with FREE Competition Motor V3 (5.5R) - #Champion Combo Setl It's cheaper than the esc alone.
would probably be better teamed up with this motor
Speed Passion (#13895V3) Competition Motor Ver.3 (9.5R)
I'm sure It's a good combo..a little much power for drifting. I started off with 4.5T Xerun combo on my D3 and got a 8.5T....way smoother. I'm even thinking of getting 10.5 and 13.5T. But I'm pretty happy with the 8.5T.

For Td-CIV, I just got email confirmation that my order from 3Racing has shipped. Sad though that I jumped the gun and hours later that Rcmart released same products for cheaper.

Next time I'll try to contain my excitement and wait until Rcmart gets the rest of hopups I want.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #468
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

lol I would only want it for the ESC but it's cheaper to buy it in the combo than by itself! The motor underneath is a 9.5T which would suit drifting a bit better. But that ESC has wifi so you can set it up from a smart phone or your pc with out plugging it in!
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #469
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
lol I would only want it for the ESC but it's cheaper to buy it in the combo than by itself! The motor underneath is a 9.5T which would suit drifting a bit better. But that ESC has wifi so you can set it up from a smart phone or your pc with out plugging it in!
that's a definite win then. buy buy buy!
those are the new generation of ESCs and where things are going...easier tobtweak and make adjustments
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #470
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,859
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

I ordered the D3 kit and front one way the other day. I can't wait to get the kit and start building.

What things on the chassis need attention? Also, what are some upgrades I should do first?
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #471
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
I ordered the D3 kit and front one way the other day. I can't wait to get the kit and start building.

What things on the chassis need attention? Also, what are some upgrades I should do first?
you got the one way already. they just released some aluminum bling parts for it. I got the sakura XI CVDs for it. it got rid of the chatter at full lock steering. you will need someth ing like that or eagle racing wide angle CVD. 3racing wide CV has not been released yet. I got the XI and it was bolt on and got rid of my chatter.

other than that, you should be ok and start having fun practicing.

use light oil and prethread plastic parts first prior to actually just trying to screw the hexes in...it will save you from a lot of stripped threads/ hex screws.
I learned the hard way when I first built my Zero S.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #472
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Don't forget Tamiya TRF Double Cardins look better lol.
Dumb question but what do you actually use to prethread the holes the screws? or a threading tool?

Last edited by pickled; 10-27-2012 at 04:40 PM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #473
Tech Adept
 
sgp-chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Don't forget Tamiya TRF Double Cardins look better lol.
What's the part number for those?

Also what Tamiya shocks are the best?

Cheers
sgp-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #474
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgp-chris View Post
What's the part number for those?

Also what Tamiya shocks are the best?

Cheers
tamiya 42216 44mm double cardan

The Alloy shocks by 3racing for the XI fit. SAK-X28/PK
although any 55mm shock should be ok just use the ball end from the D3
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #475
Tech Adept
 
sgp-chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 153
Default

Yeah i thought you ment those Why do they look cooler? I thought there was some logo or other fancy paint scheme on them, since you said they looked better Ain't questioning the quality though

Cool on the 55mm, might want to upgrade to Tamiyas at some point, when i learn how to tame this beast of drifter
sgp-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #476
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgp-chris View Post
Yeah i thought you ment those Why do they look cooler? I thought there was some logo or other fancy paint scheme on them, since you said they looked better Ain't questioning the quality though

Cool on the 55mm, might want to upgrade to Tamiyas at some point, when i learn how to tame this beast of drifter
I was just joking cause eunique didn't mention them, but I think they look better than the ssk and perform the same function
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #477
Tech Adept
 
sgp-chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 153
Default

Ohh i see, i take things to seriusly apperently
sgp-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #478
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Don't forget Tamiya TRF Double Cardins look better lol.
Dumb question but what do you actually use to prethread the holes the screws? or a threading tool?
I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it.
Sometimes I just use a regular hex screw and put a drop of oil or lubricant on the threads so they don't heat up. Works good. I got fed up with rounded hex screws
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #479
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I was just joking cause eunique didn't mention them, but I think they look better than the ssk and perform the same function
I'm sure tHose Tamiya double cardins are great..but I'm ok with almost hAlf price with the SSKs or wait for the new CVDs for the D3.

Was going to place an order for the eagle racing ones long with some other items..but going through check out with Broadtech and shipping was over $65 for and order of $156....I didn't go through with it since that was too much for shipping!
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #480
Tech Addict
 
pickled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I'm sure tHose Tamiya double cardins are great..but I'm ok with almost hAlf price with the SSKs or wait for the new CVDs for the D3.

Was going to place an order for the eagle racing ones long with some other items..but going through check out with Broadtech and shipping was over $65 for and order of $156....I didn't go through with it since that was too much for shipping!
That is pretty steep for shipping wouldn't pay more than $30. lol they aren't bad but they're still an option!

Hey td-civ have you got an update on your order status yet?
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net