R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #391
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

[QUOTE=pickled;11338933]I just want more angle out of the stock parts lol.QUOTE]

the upgrades will do that you just have to wait till they come out

i just like do things custom thats all

and for the pulley nice job but i did the shim mod to the rear center pulley mount and it works great
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #392
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=td-civ;11340408]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
I just want more angle out of the stock parts lol.QUOTE]

the upgrades will do that you just have to wait till they come out

i just like do things custom thats all

and for the pulley nice job but i did the shim mod to the rear center pulley mount and it works great
Thanks, it works. can't wait till november/december till the upgrades are available. Going to be spending cash hand over fist for upgrades lol.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #393
Tech Rookie

Smile OK with front spool now.

Quite some time with the D3 now. Drifting on carpet only. With the front spool, it will under steer when you let go the throttle (using my Enroute JXR with front oneway i'm used to let go throttle before corner and wait for the right time to pull throttle and drift) but latter i found out as long as you hold a little throttle all times (during the time i usually let go of throttle) it handle quite well. more predictable then the JXR with front oneway that will spin out suddenly if you didn't control the throttle properly. What do you all think? Am i the only one to keep the front spool?
ukionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #394
Tech Addict

the oneway is difficult but the same thing applies to it, it still needs a little bit of throttle but not to much or it spins out of control lol.

I've been taking my D3 down to my shopping center/cinema carpark's upper level it's concrete and the car reacts to it like my LHS's drift track I'm having trouble transitioning from one direction to another? I can get a big drift happening but trying to switch back the other way is amazingly hard just spinning out and it's so hard to know where to start the turn in to get the desired change of direction at the desired location?

Last edited by pickled; 10-19-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #395
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will the 3racing SSK 46mm from the zero fit the D3?
TamiyaChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #396
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiyaChris View Post
Will the 3racing SSK 46mm from the zero fit the D3?
The SSk's I have are SAK-X27's from XI I have visually checked them next to a stock CVD and they will fit
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #397
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

o ya i started doing my custom steering setup and thisis making my d3 wider in the front so the rear is getting done too and this is a good thing as i run a 200mm body
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #398
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
o ya i started doing my custom steering setup and thisis making my d3 wider in the front so the rear is getting done too and this is a good thing as i run a 200mm body
post some pics so we can see what you've done when your finished please?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #399
Tech Rookie

Quote:
the oneway is difficult but the same thing applies to it, it still needs a little bit of throttle but not to much or it spins out of control lol.

I've been taking my D3 down to my shopping center/cinema carpark's upper level it's concrete and the car reacts to it like my LHS's drift track I'm having trouble transitioning from one direction to another? I can get a big drift happening but trying to switch back the other way is amazingly hard just spinning out and it's so hard to know where to start the turn in to get the desired change of direction at the desired location?
+1 on the one-way from the zero.
after i installed that one-way from a zero (no mods required except dont use the supplied pink spacer), the car was transformed from a bit of a pig into a weapon. i can now mostly drift a course with practice (impossible before) and pull of some impressive moves using the brake to lock the rear wheels. i love that it has an e-brake now!!!

mine still has the problem that it wont let go of the drift & keeps the rear coming around when i want it to transition!

if you are having the sh!ts with this car try these mods:

i added abt 250g of rear weight to try n tame the rear with some improvement to rear grip.

tamiya drift techs , being less slippery made it easier to do larger drifts. recommended. Yeah racing angled profile are the worst i;ve used - too slippery.

check your FDR is not too high. running a higher 19t pinion was better than 17t for me.

cheers for the advice pickled about the drive shaft chatter. i ended up just cleaning the crap off mine & now shes smooth as again. no mods or new ssk shafts required
HugolikaBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #400
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugolikaBoss View Post
+1 on the one-way from the zero.
after i installed that one-way from a zero (no mods required except dont use the supplied pink spacer), the car was transformed from a bit of a pig into a weapon. i can now mostly drift a course with practice (impossible before) and pull of some impressive moves using the brake to lock the rear wheels. i love that it has an e-brake now!!!

mine still has the problem that it wont let go of the drift & keeps the rear coming around when i want it to transition!

if you are having the sh!ts with this car try these mods:

i added abt 250g of rear weight to try n tame the rear with some improvement to rear grip.

tamiya drift techs , being less slippery made it easier to do larger drifts. recommended. Yeah racing angled profile are the worst i;ve used - too slippery.

check your FDR is not too high. running a higher 19t pinion was better than 17t for me.

cheers for the advice pickled about the drive shaft chatter. i ended up just cleaning the crap off mine & now shes smooth as again. no mods or new ssk shafts required
Hey thanks man. I change my rear shock setup today to 4 hole piston running same oil as front and tweaked the camber front and rear so the inside wheel is at 0* at full lock so at rest is about 7* and rear to 1* and decreased the toe in to .5*. Tested out with Tdrift tyres can transition now with a little more predictability but its just a matter of watching for the transition and as it snaps the other way back off a bit and release steering so it doesn't go into spins then lay the throttle down again, I'm starting to get it. I changed my pinion to a 19T but left my 78T spur, might change over to the 80 and give that a go. Man it chews up the tyres pretty fast tho

Last edited by pickled; 10-20-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #401
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey thanks man. I change my rear shock setup today to 4 hole piston running same oil as front and tweaked the camber front and rear so the inside wheel is at 0* at full lock so at rest is about 7* and rear to 1* and decreased the toe in to .5*. Tested out with Tdrift tyres can transition now with a little more predictability but its just a matter of watching for the transition and as it snaps the other way back off a bit and release steering so it doesn't go into spins then lay the throttle down again, I'm starting to get it. I changed my pinion to a 19T but left my 78T spur, might change over to the 80 and give that a go. Man it chews up the tyres pretty fast tho
Man, I'm getting excited with all these recent posts...can't wait to get it running again! My order is taking forever. Now...have to place another big order..but might have to wait till those option hopups are available!!!
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #402
Tech Initiate

Can't find a SAK-59/V2 anywhere , still not built my chassis, will order the belt tensioner and one way ., and that's it, any probs the thing is going on eBay, did make a unboxing video on you tube, think my name is superhttm over 300 views, well impressed lol
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #403
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great to see so much action still going on with this rig. Pickled, glad to see you pulled threw the stress..
I got side tracked with my winter snow race truck so havent done anything to my D3 but today just pulled it back out and it's now sitting on my bench. Need to place an order for my body and some parts to catch up with you guys..lol Has the belt tensioner worked or have some still trashed belts? Has anyone tried fuel tubing for the front wheel chatter?
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #404
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
Can't find a SAK-59/V2 anywhere , still not built my chassis, will order the belt tensioner and one way ., and that's it, any probs the thing is going on eBay, did make a unboxing video on you tube, think my name is superhttm over 300 views, well impressed lol
Hey don't stress your bound to come across a few problems, I did but persevered and now I'm starting to understand how to drive this chassis! A word of advice; take the CVD's apart add some grease and dremel the pins flat where the grub screw touches it, put back together with thread lock (locktite) on the grub screw! I haven't had any issues since doing this and you know they were assembled properly. Make sure you set up the chassis properly do the camber with a guage and set your ride height, I have to adjust my ride height all the time cause the tyres get chewed up and it lowers the height as they wear out lol. The one way is going to be fun getting hold of now every D3 owner knows the SAK-59/V2 fits it. But keep your eye out, rcMart will probably have some in stock in the next couple of weeks even 3racing is out of stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post
Great to see so much action still going on with this rig. Pickled, glad to see you pulled threw the stress..
I got side tracked with my winter snow race truck so havent done anything to my D3 but today just pulled it back out and it's now sitting on my bench. Need to place an order for my body and some parts to catch up with you guys..lol Has the belt tensioner worked or have some still trashed belts? Has anyone tried fuel tubing for the front wheel chatter?
The wheel chatter is caused by excessive angle on the universal the stock CVD's aren't made to cope with the full lock the bellcrank, knuckles and hubs can provide. I added an idler pulley to my tension post and haven't had any sign of a trashed belt so far. Fixed my axle issues with a dremel and put a set of double cardins in the front.

Last edited by pickled; 10-20-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #405
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah I read threw the last few pages and seen what all is up too.. So you think the SSK for the X1 will work? Have a set in my cart but waiting to place order till tomorrow to see if they update, belt tensioner is out of stock..
What spur cover is that,
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote