R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #301
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Skype™ to iSlide32

That's good to know, because i had thoughts about never ordering from them. I nearly bought my sakura from them, but didn't want to re-order until i got my fans which still hasn't happened. Which also means know TC6 racing for me.
http://www.facebook.com/SEQDrift Bringing Drifting from all of South-east queensland into one page.
iSlide32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #302
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlide32 View Post
That's good to know, because i had thoughts about never ordering from them. I nearly bought my sakura from them, but didn't want to re-order until i got my fans which still hasn't happened. Which also means know TC6 racing for me.
Everything I've ordered through them has come within 2 weeks all the RCmart ebay stores and dinball is the same store! I just order straight from their site now. I still look on ebay to see if it's cheaper first, most of the time it's cheaper from their site! I got a 3racing 3RAC-LEDS light system for $17.90US with SAK-59/V2 one way $19.90US plus shipping all up $43.38US but I got to wait for them to get here cause I only paid for them today.

hey, when you use paypal do you use your credit card or bank transfer? I've found if I use bank transfer it takes days for the cash to be deducted from my account so I always change my payment method to credit card as it's taken out straight away.

I scored a yeah racing 5.5T brushless unsensored motor 60A ESC combo for $110AU inc shipping came with a bonus fan, not that that helps you!

Last edited by pickled; 10-03-2012 at 06:21 AM.
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #303
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Everything I've ordered through them has come within 2 weeks all the RCmart ebay stores and dinball is the same store! I just order straight from their site now. I still look on ebay to see if it's cheaper first, most of the time it's cheaper from their site! I got a 3racing 3RAC-LEDS light system for $17.90US with SAK-59/V2 one way $19.90US plus shipping all up $43.38US but I got to wait for them to get here cause I only paid for them today.

hey, when you use paypal do you use your credit card or bank transfer? I've found if I use bank transfer it takes days for the cash to be deducted from my account so I always change my payment method to credit card as it's taken out straight away.

I scored a yeah racing 5.5T brushless unsensored motor 60A ESC combo for $110AU inc shipping came with a bonus fan, not that that helps you!
Oh man!! To start my "budget" drifting, I ordered everything from them. They managed to send me 90% of the stuff I ordered (the 10% was my fault because I didn't know what to order) and they did it before their Sept29-Oct1 holiday. Pretty big order too, had I spend on EMS. I purchased my items on 9/23 and it came at my door step 9/28. HOLY MOTHER!!! Oh shipped to USA btw...
bayconbitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #304
Tech Addict

I am on a very limited budget and had the extra cash when I bought my D3 now I can only afford to buy things piece meal so I'm slowly building up what I need to get this chassis running good. like I need to buy a good set of tyres (DR04's) my LHS sells them but for 20 bucks a pair. And my guess is they are a favored tyre by many drifters cause every site that sell's them are sold out! that site that iSlide32 posted here sells some awesome tyres but all the good ones are sold out and their shipping prices are almost the same as the cost of the tyre! so in the end it will probably be less hassle to just get them from my LHS.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #305
Tech Regular

Any date on when the aluminum steering rack, high angle cvds, and front oneways will be released for the D3? Or are they already out...
nolo148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #306
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo148 View Post
Any date on when the aluminum steering rack, high angle cvds, and front oneways will be released for the D3? Or are they already out...
not out yet but you can substitute with zero sak-59v2 oneway and I'm thinking of trying some MST 44mm 55* CVD's. I'm waiting for the alloy parts too but I'll have to buy them a piece at a time lol.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #307
Tech Initiate

So it is confirmed the One-way from the zero indeed does fit?
http://www.facebook.com/SEQDrift Bringing Drifting from all of South-east queensland into one page.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #308
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSlide32 View Post
So it is confirmed the One-way from the zero indeed does fit?
td-civ did a visual comparison and said they look like a go I would have to assume the SAK-59/V2 would fit as you can change which side the pulley goes on it's from a zero which shares driveline parts with the FF which is the basis of the D3

OK got my pinions and shock parts. It gets a wicked vibration in the front wheels when your steering full lock, maybe it's the tyres? (default running on hard smooth surface?)
keep blowin out the left cvd. looks like I was right thinkin about upgrading to double cardins or high angle MST 44mm

Last edited by pickled; 10-04-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #309
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got mine wired up and tested in the house to find I have a loud "click" when punching it or breaking from throttle. Not sure what it is or why it's happening but will need to look into it alittle more tonight. I'm thinking as of now that its coming from the rear middle pulley. The mounts seem cheap and I can see them flexing under hard changes in throttle to break..
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #310
Tech Addict

Yeah my rear pulley mount has started to turn outward and man keep an eye on the cvd's in the front they just come apart found that out after 10mins of running it now have to wait more than a month till I can afford to replace them I take back what I said in early posts about the build quality my tt01 is still running after 2Mths but the D3 ran for less than 10mins before throwing a CVD which I fixed then after running another five threw the other side now after putting back together blew again and again and again. But when I replace them I will be going Tamiya (#42216) 44mm Double Cardan CVD's they better hurry up and release the Alloy bulk head parts otherwise I'm just going to save up for a Yokomo. To all you people out there thinking about buying a D3 save your money and get a good chassis and those of us who bought this chassis either have to now upgrade it or bin it. I'm really not happy as you can tell I waited all this time for my parts to arrive and just so it could become a static model. I'm shattered have a good one guys

Last edited by pickled; 10-13-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #311
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With every new model theres some issues to be worked out and for the price it's really not that big a deal. Your the first person I've hear of having issues with the CVD that I recall.. Honestly you would have upgraded anyways..lol
For me I'm not sure yet what the noise is and it just may be my motor hitting the end of its life. If it's the rear middle pulley I can add shims to it which I will do anyways as it seems to have some play in it. Will be messing around with it soon and hope I can find where its coming from.
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #312
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Yeah my rear pulley mount has started to turn outward and man keep an eye on the cvd's in the front they just come apart found that out after 10mins of running it now have to wait more than a month till I can afford to replace them I take back what I said in early posts about the build quality my tt01 is still running after 2Mths but the D3 ran for less than 10mins before throwing a CVD which I fixed then after running another five threw the other side now after putting back together blew again and again and again. But when I replace them I will be going Tamiya (#42216) 44mm Double Cardan CVD's they better hurry up and release the Alloy bulk head parts otherwise I'm just going to save up for a Yokomo. To all you people out there thinking about buying a D3 save your money and get a good chassis and those of us who bought this chassis either have to now upgrade it or bin it. I'm really not happy as you can tell I waited all this time for my parts to arrive and just so it could become a static model. this is my last post on this thread I'm shattered have a good one guys
ever heard of thread lock? i'm guessing not. lol.
d300guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

ok for guys that just put the axles in with out checking them when i started to build mine i looked over the axles and 2 of them where loose it only takes a sec to look them over and set them

now the sakura zero oneway i will install it this weekend but when i lined it up with the stock diff it looked fine i have my belts and other parts and will have time to set it up this weekend
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #314
Tech Initiate

Curious to know about results on the one-way. Shame to hear about your experience Pickled. Still waiting for my Bank transfer to be processed through paypal, so it could be a wait for my car.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #315
Tech Rookie

I have been running my d3 for about 3 weeks now and in stock configuration i have had no problems with my d3, and i drift my d3 about 3hrs a nite on concrete. So far this chassis has surpassed my expectations.
House909 is offline   Reply With Quote