nice one
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spring71
Theres more spares on the 3Racing site
3Racing D3 Option Parts
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Noob here... the 48p18t pinion is recomended in the booklet. Is this going to be good for what it is?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bayconbitzer
Noob here... the 48p18t pinion is recomended in the booklet. Is this going to be good for what it is?
Ok the recommended pinion is an 18Tooth 48Pitch that drives the 80Tooth 48Pitch Spur gear! Now it is not the only pinion you can use. I will be running a 19T until my 78T spur and 22T pinion arrives, and I've got used to how this chassis runs. I think it is possible to run upto a 22T pinion with the 80T spur? You can check out Drift Mission's tool's page to get an Idea of what the Final Drive ratio will be out of the box it's quite high 9.53
The ratio I will be running with 78T spur and 22T pinion is 7.6
Old 10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

nice! I'll check out his page. Im on a slight budget and might pop in a 12T motor.. I know I know... it's a bit odd, but is drift attainable at that turn speed?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

you should be able to drift with that I can' see why it wouldn't as far as I know a lot of people run 9T motors. It's the Kv rating that matters anyway.
I've been trying to find a drag wing to put on my r34 shell like the kind uras gang rc have but you can't buy them. I even translated my question into japanese for their online store but unfortunately you can only buy them in japan. So I had to modify the gt wing that came with my shell. Turned out ok I think, and it looks like a drag wing lol. will post a pic after

sorry about the shaky pics

Last edited by pickled; 10-02-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Initiate

You can find the URAS drag wings here
h t t p : / / w w w . r c - r a c e - a n d - d r i f t - j a p a n . c o m / i n d e x . p h p ? m a i n _ p a g e = p r o d u c t _ i n f o & c P a t h = 9 1 _ 9 3 & p r o d u c t s _ i d = 3 1 0 0 (Sorry about the spaces, haven't got my post count up yet)
The site is in full english, and sell most japanese products so i hope that helps.

Thought i should let you guys know who i am, Im not new to drifting or countersteer really, but am on my first countersteer car. Not new to the site either, just lost my password DOH! Anyway, i use to compete in comps in here in queensland, but lost interest to touring car racing, but im back.

Ordered my Sakura D3 as well as the Sakura Zero Belt tensioner, and spur gear support. Is there anything else i might need to get the car glitch free so far?

Cheers
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I just put my D3 together the other night...I'm just awaiting a new esc because I bought the wrong one. Now I have 2 ESC... one for 12T and up and one for 5.5T and up ... jeebus...
Old 10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

I'm getting a #SAK-59/V2 one way they appear to fit will let you guys know in about a week or so when it arrives and I've installed it. I'm still waiting on my pinion so I haven't even run mine yet apart from to test the ESC. (iSlide32) I'm in Adelaide so where in same country atleast lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i run 10.5 sensor motor and i use 18pin and stock 80spur and i run on carpet and it stay very cool and is very fast
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iSlide32
You can find the URAS drag wings here
h t t p : / / w w w . r c - r a c e - a n d - d r i f t - j a p a n . c o m / i n d e x . p h p ? m a i n _ p a g e = p r o d u c t _ i n f o & c P a t h = 9 1 _ 9 3 & p r o d u c t s _ i d = 3 1 0 0 (Sorry about the spaces, haven't got my post count up yet)
The site is in full english, and sell most japanese products so i hope that helps.

Thought i should let you guys know who i am, Im not new to drifting or countersteer really, but am on my first countersteer car. Not new to the site either, just lost my password DOH! Anyway, i use to compete in comps in here in queensland, but lost interest to touring car racing, but im back.

Ordered my Sakura D3 as well as the Sakura Zero Belt tensioner, and spur gear support. Is there anything else i might need to get the car glitch free so far?

Cheers
Thanks for the link been lookin for uras gang stuff every where. Bookmarked that site straight away!
you may want to look into the shocks, they are quite soft and the instructions seem to have them around the wrong way with the 300 in the front? I have changed them around and ordered some MST DK 30mm Coil spring set And also some Yeah racing #1300 shock oil and Yeah racing #400 shock oil for the rear? not sure how it will go? But I'll probably use the soft springs on the front and the super softs on the rear!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Cheers man, i'll see how i go when it arrives. It could be a while, 3-5 days for the payment to process through paypal and however long it takes to post. Still waiting for fans i ordered 3 weeks ago from RC-mushroom...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iSlide32
Cheers man, i'll see how i go when it arrives. It could be a while, 3-5 days for the payment to process through paypal and however long it takes to post. Still waiting for fans i ordered 3 weeks ago from RC-mushroom...
I got mine off ebay from rcmart it took 8 Days to get here from when I paid!

We have gotten most of our tips for this chassis from "td-civ". He's the guy that's got a wealth of experience in RC Drifting and more. He runs his own RC Track.

he had already built his chassis before we got ours and pointed to the issues with the suspension(shocks) but apart from that he says it's a great chassis and the CS is really good.

Man the postie still hasn't delivered my pinion gears! Where are they? lol. my parts are coming from hong kong, they just had their lunar festival which is a holiday there so they probably got hung up at their post office, I hope? I just want to give it a run now. lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.