Like Tree1Likes

Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #226
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
that is the same thing i am going to do to mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
Maybe need to mod the chassis to add a Sakura Zero belt tensioner as an alternative part no. SAK-58/PK
I suggested it to you back on page 8 or 9? when you were talking about the frayed belt
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #227
Tech Rookie

After reading through this thread i wonderd if anyone have tried the 516 belt from the Sakura XI?
Will this fit?
Or could i put a 16T at the back insted of the original 13T to get more tension and less CS?
kimmy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #228
Tech Initiate

I actually thought I'd be able to buy, build and drift this thing, obviously not, seems a lot to do, should of just bought a tt01d, seems a lot less hassle
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:25 AM   #229
Tech Addict

I've got 2 TT-01ED's and you will be disappointed if you think you can drift them. they don't drift well you can't counter steer with them properly. their steering angle is woefull. they make a better touring car. If you want a good car you have to put the effort into it. and installing a tensioner is a precautionary measure, every one will be changing their shocks anyway or at least the oil and springs and when the alloy hop ups come out for this I will definately be upgrading to them. but this still has better build quality than a TT-01
Attached Thumbnails
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-img_20120925_210041.jpg   3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift-img_20120925_210114.jpg  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #230
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
how many turns is your motor? Don't think I'll have problem over revving as mine is a 5.5T 6000KV think I'll have problems with throttle control!
Mine is a 11T 3200KV and I would think you would have more issues if your FDR is high. I think your right about the app and will stick to the web for my info.
Nice install with the tensioner, looks like a nice simply install..
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #231
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post
Nice install with the tensioner, looks like a nice simply install..
The install is too easy take out the top deck bolt on the chassis post replace with the bolt provided with the tensioner. might use a small bolt for the tension bearing as it has a spacer that's not required with this application.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #232
Tech Initiate

Cheers pickled, I've ordered the belt tensioner, will it bolt straight on, is there a hole for it, could you recommend any decent websites for getting a decent body, I'm looking to do this properly, and over time have a decent driving RC , any other tips put up here are a great help to guys like myself who are just getting to grips with the drifting RC scene, was one question, for drifting on carpet, what type of tyre (compound) do you go for , I'm guessing it's different to the one you would use on concrete, thanks again for any help :-)
tworrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #233
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
Cheers pickled, I've ordered the belt tensioner, will it bolt straight on, is there a hole for it, could you recommend any decent websites for getting a decent body, I'm looking to do this properly, and over time have a decent driving RC , any other tips put up here are a great help to guys like myself who are just getting to grips with the drifting RC scene, was one question, for drifting on carpet, what type of tyre (compound) do you go for , I'm guessing it's different to the one you would use on concrete, thanks again for any help :-)
no its the same but its really up to your driving style

myself i use hpi t-drifts
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #234
Tech Addict

Quote:
The install is too easy take out the top deck bolt on the chassis post replace with the bolt provided with the tensioner. might use a small bolt for the tension bearing as it has a spacer that's not required with this application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworrs View Post
The post above yours explains the install. I will be purchasing Yokomo DR04 Tires. There are heaps of sites to get bodies from, It depends on your tastes I love nissan's and datsun's I purchased my tamiya nismo R34 gtr z-tune shell on ebay. but they have an online store as well and they stock Pandora shells which I'm thinking about purchasing for my next chassis, as my LHS run Sakura Zero S, Hobao Hyper-10, and Yokomo chassis' in their drift comps and they are having issues with their D3 setup so it looks unlikely that they will adopt this chassis for their comps. I hope to convince them that this chassis is awesome and should become part of their line up. But I will probably buy a Sakura Zero S and a pandora S15 shell for comps, if you read through my posts you'll find my favourite online store.

I'm just like you this is my first CS chassis I have gotten heaps of info from reading td-civ's posts he deserves more credit than I for helping to resolve the issues we are having! I wouldn't have known about the slack belt issues and especially the shock setup, but thanks to him I have a better understanding of what was happening before I got my chassis.

I just purchased a Kawada (#PNB-522) Super Duralumin Pinion 48P - 22T and a Kawada (#S48-78T) Super Tough Spur Gear 48P - 78T so this will bring my FDR down to 7.6
td-civ I purchased all the parts you quoted for your shock setup but for oil I got yeah racing #1300 and #400 silicon shock oil

Last edited by pickled; 09-25-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #235
Tech Master

guys dont change the cs on it its a great setup

yes its high but right when you put a oneway in your chassis its mint very smooth and not hard to drive

now for the belts i think i have a winner ill let you guys know this weekend as i ordered 20 different belts to see what will work

and i have my other d3 almost done
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #236
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
guys dont change the cs on it its a great setup

yes its high but right when you put a oneway in your chassis its mint very smooth and not hard to drive

now for the belts i think i have a winner ill let you guys know this weekend as i ordered 20 different belts to see what will work

and i have my other d3 almost done
Did you modify a Zero oneway?
I want to keep the CS as it is so I can learn to drift CS style with this chassis. will probably try to match the CS ratio on the Zero I will be getting eventually.

looking forward to finding out your results!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #237
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroadie View Post
Ok. I am confused about this so called main belt slop. I dont have any. My belt says 593-S3M-3 going from 13t to 13t. Its perfect.

Hey All_Rice...Show us that pick-up body!!!!!!!!!!
Cant wait to see it.
LOL here it is, still trying to figure out the paint. This is on my tt01 chassis.

all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #238
Tech Addict

Is that a Tamiya XV-01 chassis under that body? or an M chassis? Sorry didn't read properly TT-01 M chassis conversion. didn't recognize it with the motor at the wrong end

Last edited by pickled; 09-25-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #239
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
LOL here it is, still trying to figure out the paint. This is on my tt01 chassis.

what body is that i want one
Old 09-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #240
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Is that a Tamiya XV-01 chassis under that body? or an M chassis? Sorry didn't read properly TT-01 M chassis conversion. didn't recognize it with the motor at the wrong end
it's a tt01 front engine conversion. drifts waaaaaay better. so basically a super overpriced tt01 lol. It's a toyota p/up or hilux body 89-95.5 years. It's been sold out FOR EVER! As soon as I ordered it was out again.
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote