R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #2116
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiVoS_ View Post
My flysky gt3c transmitter is broken ... the spring inside it's steering wheel is broken and the wheel wont return on it's neutral position ... I am off cs drifting until i fix it or they send me new .. Now working on pop-up headlights for my 180sx yokomo body , any tips or ideas from 180sx users ?
I've seen it done on AE86...make a wire to tie both pop up headlights together and a micro servo to control them.
Search either csjunkies or driftmission forums
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #2117
Tech Rookie
 
Sunkist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 7
Default

Installed a whole bunch of alloy and graphite options over the past few days. Also received my speed passion reventon pro and yeah racing hackmoto 13.5t and installed and configured last night!

This chassis is soooooo much better with the right things!

The steering column is a tad wobbly though. Any pointers? I remember reading about changing the bearings for larger ones, but can't find that infor anymore
Sunkist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #2118
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1
Default Alloy C Hub install

I have installed the alloy C Hubs from 3 Racing, when I screw in the grub screw that holds the hinge pin in the lower control arm, it does not hold the pin in place, anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Last edited by gerritcoetzee; 08-30-2013 at 05:39 PM.
gerritcoetzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #2119
Tech Apprentice
 
DMSewell27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 57
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to DMSewell27
Default

Selling my Sakura D3 CS Sport.... among other things
LINK!!!
DMSewell27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #2120
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
Installed a whole bunch of alloy and graphite options over the past few days. Also received my speed passion reventon pro and yeah racing hackmoto 13.5t and installed and configured last night!

This chassis is soooooo much better with the right things!

The steering column is a tad wobbly though. Any pointers? I remember reading about changing the bearings for larger ones, but can't find that infor anymore
Use the Tamiya posts...tighter tolerances. Caseymacgyver used long setscrew then thick washer on top then nylock nut to tighten it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritcoetzee View Post
I have installed the alloy C Hubs from 3 Racing, when I screw in the grub screw that holds the hinge pin in the lower control arm, it does not hold the pin in place, anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?
I would grind down a small flat spot in the middle of the pin...just like how you should have done on the CVDs (something for the set screw to bite into then thread lock the set screw sp that it does not back out.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #2121
Tech Apprentice
 
FoiVoS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Thessaloniki/Greece
Posts: 92
Default

Just curious if anyone tried the yeahracing new dampers ? i would like to know if the spring hardness fit the D3 ..
FoiVoS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2122
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiVoS_ View Post
Just curious if anyone tried the yeahracing new dampers ? i would like to know if the spring hardness fit the D3 ..
I have a set as spare...just laying around and not installed yet...but they seem good quality. Someone elase at my LHS uses them on his D3 and does not have any complaints. To me, they are a good buy and I just use Tamiya bladders and green slime to prevent leaks. I use those even in cheap shocks and they work GRRRRREAT!!!!
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #2123
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Thinking of getting a drifter to mess around with at the offroad track and home so this kit seems like a good starter, how do you guys like it overall, anything needed right out the box, is it capable if speed runs
__________________
Tekno SCT410--RX8 g2/Pro4 HD4300--RP green
Associated FT T4.2--RS g2/Redline g2 17.5--RP blue
XRated SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #2124
Tech Master
 
specgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,302
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Thinking of getting a drifter to mess around with at the offroad track and home so this kit seems like a good starter, how do you guys like it overall, anything needed right out the box, is it capable if speed runs
It's a superb drift platform but i would never try grip tires on it since the kit comes with a locked rear spool= shredded gears
__________________
Reggie Ramos
LRHhobbies.com -Placentia, CA indoor offroad
specgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #2125
Tech Apprentice
 
FoiVoS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Thessaloniki/Greece
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated SCT View Post
Thinking of getting a drifter to mess around with at the offroad track and home so this kit seems like a good starter, how do you guys like it overall, anything needed right out the box, is it capable if speed runs
If you want something that will be able of both speed runs and drifting then no , This kit won't suit you . Generally to adapt it for speed runs you will need some serious modifications . If you want it for drifting then it's very good but to make it driveable ( if you are a starter drifter ) you would need some upgrades right out of the box . Generally you will need a Front One Way Diffrential , And to reduce the cs ratio to around 1.8 by changing the center real pulley ( Stock is 2.14 ) Next you can choose wether you want to upgrade your steering system for 55o degrees or not . If you want to upgrade it then you will need to buy the Aluminum steering system and the Ultra Wide Driveshafts aka UWA . I had my D3 completely stock for about 1 month . It was driftable but with the upgrades mentioned before it will change it to an entire diffrent level .
FoiVoS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #2126
Tech Apprentice
 
FoiVoS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Thessaloniki/Greece
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
I have a set as spare...just laying around and not installed yet...but they seem good quality. Someone elase at my LHS uses them on his D3 and does not have any complaints. To me, they are a good buy and I just use Tamiya bladders and green slime to prevent leaks. I use those even in cheap shocks and they work GRRRRREAT!!!!
What exactly do you do with the green slime ?
FoiVoS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #2127
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specgie View Post
It's a superb drift platform but i would never try grip tires on it since the kit comes with a locked rear spool= shredded gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiVoS_ View Post
If you want something that will be able of both speed runs and drifting then no , This kit won't suit you . Generally to adapt it for speed runs you will need some serious modifications . If you want it for drifting then it's very good but to make it driveable ( if you are a starter drifter ) you would need some upgrades right out of the box . Generally you will need a Front One Way Diffrential , And to reduce the cs ratio to around 1.8 by changing the center real pulley ( Stock is 2.14 ) Next you can choose wether you want to upgrade your steering system for 55o degrees or not . If you want to upgrade it then you will need to buy the Aluminum steering system and the Ultra Wide Driveshafts aka UWA . I had my D3 completely stock for about 1 month . It was driftable but with the upgrades mentioned before it will change it to an entire diffrent level .
Thanks guys, sounds like a good starter drift kit, think I'm going to order 1 in a week or so, I'll keep this as a drifter and go with something in the future for speed

What's the typical electronics for these kits, I like running tekin stuff so maybe a RS and as far as turns I'd assume you don't want too much power for drifting
__________________
Tekno SCT410--RX8 g2/Pro4 HD4300--RP green
Associated FT T4.2--RS g2/Redline g2 17.5--RP blue
XRated SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #2128
Tech Apprentice
 
FoiVoS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Thessaloniki/Greece
Posts: 92
Default

I would suggest a sensored combo with not less than 10T
FoiVoS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #2129
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiVoS_ View Post
What exactly do you do with the green slime ?
The green slime is a coating for the orings...so when you rebuild or reassemble the shocks, coat the bottom orings and spacers with green slime and tighten down the bottom cap...no more leaks (in conjunction with Tamiya shock bladders).
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #2130
Tech Apprentice
 
FoiVoS_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Thessaloniki/Greece
Posts: 92
Default

Guys does the tension of a belt affect the torque that is given on the wheels ?
FoiVoS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0