R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #2086
Tech Rookie

Nvm

Last edited by TheGrapist; 08-12-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Mod fixed privileges I guess.
TheGrapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #2087
Tech Apprentice

Looking at rcmart's store i found that yeah racing is making some new dampers . They haven't yet released it but i am kinda intersting on them . Here is my what i am thinking . 3Racing's spring set cost's 17$ and offers 9sets of springs . The Yeah Racing dampers offer new dampers which appear to be way more adjustable than the stock D3 ones and better quaility + 5 set of springs for the price of 24$ in total . What should i do ? They look really nice and they come on pink too ...
http://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-xp...g-p-36295.html
FoiVoS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #2088
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoiVoS_ View Post
Looking at rcmart's store i found that yeah racing is making some new dampers . They haven't yet released it but i am kinda intersting on them . Here is my what i am thinking . 3Racing's spring set cost's 17$ and offers 9sets of springs . The Yeah Racing dampers offer new dampers which appear to be way more adjustable than the stock D3 ones and better quaility + 5 set of springs for the price of 24$ in total . What should i do ? They look really nice and they come on pink too ...
I'm not sure if you are referring to the 3racing spring set in one package which I don't think they have for the D3...those are too short. You will want to order the individual D3 springs. The dampers...I just got mine in the mail when I ordered e rear bulkhead with tensioner.
The ones you have in your post with the link are the wrong dampers...they are too short.
You need to order the 55mm dampers....so to answer your question...I would order all the D3 springs and the correct dampers....the springs that the damper set come with might not have the correct spring rate that you need.
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #2089
Tech Apprentice

Well thanks for the rapid response but ... where can i order the individual D3 springs from ? And for the dampers .. Which dampers did you got ? Cause the new ones are said to be released at the end of August and i am kinda confused :P Anyway if you got the new ones , how do they feel ?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #2090
Tech Regular

Quote:
Well thanks for the rapid response but ... where can i order the individual D3 springs from ? And for the dampers .. Which dampers did you got ? Cause the new ones are said to be released at the end of August and i am kinda confused :P Anyway if you got the new ones , how do they feel ?
If you are in the US, tqrcracing.com has the D3 springs (blue, purple, pink, green, white, orange)...I would get all of them so you can fine tune it.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/parts...arts_p_id=4416

Otherwise, to order them all together, Rcmart.com
These are the dampers
http://www.rcmart.com/year-racing-xp...=595_1419_1566
They are out of stock right now until end of August
And they have the springs as well
Old 08-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #2091
Tech Apprentice

I am just wondering if anyone has reduced the rear toe-in ? It makes my rear wheels look so bad on the body ..
Old 08-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #2092
Tech Regular

Quote:
My only concern with those is where are going to get rebuild parts when the o-rings and whatnot wear out.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #2093
Tech Regular

im sure most of the rebuild parts will work from other dampers.
I use the Tamiya bladders to get a better seal, leak free and better performing dampers
Old 08-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #2094
Tech Rookie

I've got an issue with my rear belt not staying straight on the tensioner and causing the rear belt to wear quite rapidly. It's already cut a grove into the belt.
Anyone else have this problem?
TheGrapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #2095
Tech Apprentice

Caseymacgyver is an expert on belts
Old 08-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #2096
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrapist View Post
I've got an issue with my rear belt not staying straight on the tensioner and causing the rear belt to wear quite rapidly. It's already cut a grove into the belt.
Anyone else have this problem?
I have not had any of those problems...I would make sure the pulleys and tensioner are aligned straight and nothing is warped like the screw holding the bearing tensioner. Ive only had to replace the rear belt once and ive had the D3 since it came out a year ago and I try to practice a lot.

And if I remember correctly, I think caseymacgyver suggested for the rear belt to be fairly snug sobas not to skip teeth...its in this forum. Just search for it.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #2097
Tech Rookie

Hi all original post didn't work for some reason!

Picked up my Sak D3 last week as a gift from the missus!
Struggling with it to say the least lol

Current mods
Front one way
Low friction belts
Centre belt tensioner
Adjusted the diff tensions
Hobbywing 9t brushless(way too fast IMO)
And and searching locally for a 19t centre belt pulley to pull the cs ratio down

I think the problems I'm facing are due to the motor and factory CS ratio being way to high for a beginner like myself lol.

Had a question about the shaft for the pulley and whether that as well as the other pulley needs to be swapped as well? And I'm struggling to get the spring pin out. Is there a special technique? Other than getting frustrated and throwing it at a wall? Lol

Thanks gents!

Last edited by Sunkist; 08-19-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Original post didn't work
Sunkist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #2098
Tech Rookie

Can't get hold of a 19t pulley for at least another 2 weeks(to oz)

What do you guys think about putting a 38t on the rear diff replacing the 30t on there, brings the ratio down to 1.69 for the time being so I can at least use it properly..? Theoretically should make it even easier to drift right?

And also have a 23t 48p pinion on the motor, would putting say, and 18 or 19t pinion on there assist the the "too much" power? Aswell as dropping the throttle end point to about 60%

Sorry for all the questions. The CS calculation stuff took me a while to understand lol
Sunkist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #2099
Tech Apprentice

Just fitted the 18T Center Rear pulley in there . I put 2mm under the housing and they are not enought to tight the rear belt . Now the rear belt skips and i have to find some extra washers from local shops ... I will keep you tuned . :P
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #2100
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, I've been reading through this thread trying to catch up. I have a quick question. Does anybody know if any of the Active Hobby damper pistons for rc drift would fit the D3 or if the Tamiya TRF special damper set would fit the D3?

Can't post links yet.

Thanks guys, you've helped out a lot.
SinfulEdge is offline   Reply With Quote