Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #1546
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
check Tqrcracing.com

have you checked 3racing.hk website?
and also rcmart?
Yessir, on all three counts. I'm also listed to be notified when TQ RC gets them back in stock. Haven't been able to locate them anywhere in weeks.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #1547
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Does anyone have any "insider information" on when the aluminum steering assembly will be available again?
I really want the assembly as well. I have been watching tq for them to be in stock.
Corey303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #1548
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its probably out of stock from 3racing then
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #1549
Tech Addict

Quote:
Its probably out of stock from 3racing then
Yep, that's what I'm assuming. I'm just curious if anyone knows when they'll get some more to their retailers.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #1550
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yep, that's what I'm assuming. I'm just curious if anyone knows when they'll get some more to their retailers.
they seem to do batch runs of products and at the moment they seem to be putting their efforts into their F113 formula 1 chassis so eventually they will get around to producing more they still haven't re stocked their pulleys since january
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #1551
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post
they seem to do batch runs of products and at the moment they seem to be putting their efforts into their F113 formula 1 chassis so eventually they will get around to producing more they still haven't re stocked their pulleys since january
Yeah, that's probably true... Well, I hope they get on it soon! I want my steering and I'd also like to pick up some pulleys so I reduce the CS ratio.

So this past weekend some friends and I were drifting on a smooth concrete surface (parking garage). It was the first time my friend and I drifted our D3s. Eventually we got decent enough to hold a drift fairly well. The issue we had all day was with transitions. As soon as the transition started from one direction to the other, the rear end would just continue around causing a spin. We tried all kinds of stuff such as more/less throttle, immediate countersteer, but we just couldn't get it right.

I realize this will take a lot of practice and that's fine. What bothered me was that after hours it seemed we weren't making progress. Are there any basic tips or tricks that others are familiar with that may help us? We're still relatively new to drifting and there's no experienced drifters in the area to help us.

My buddy ended up taking out his FOW and reduced the CS ratio and said it helped. I plan on following suit.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #1552
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably true... Well, I hope they get on it soon! I want my steering and I'd also like to pick up some pulleys so I reduce the CS

My buddy ended up taking out his FOW and reduced the CS ratio and said it helped. I plan on following suit.
For me the FOW helps..it gives you the hand brake effect to initiate drifts. ..specially in tighter spaces...I drift on carpet track at LHS. Some parts of the track are narrow. With CS drifting, you might not always get the extreme amgles as long as you are still counter-steered. And I am now starting to learn to let the chassis with the overdriven rears to do most the work....more of it you can control with smooth throttle inputs. CS drifitng is completely diffrent from 50/50...so, if you are used to 50/50, u need way different discipline.

DOnt get frustrated..just keep practicing. Ive had mine since D3 came out in august. And im still not good at it..im getting better, but im not a pro. The drift track is difficult, narrow but a lot of fun when you start to get it.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #1553
Tech Regular

I reducedy CS to 1.81 but starting to learn to use the chassis more...so I bumped it up to 1.99 just looking for my other pulley to put it back to 2.14 CS again.
I think its better to just stick with it and learn to CS it
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #1554
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rodarbal

I can't wait to start practicing. After trying to drive Tommy's D3, I totally understand this will take an entirely different discipline than 50/50.

Quote:
DOnt get frustrated..just keep practicing. Ive had mine since D3 came out in august. And im still not good at it..im getting better, but im not a pro. The drift track is difficult, narrow but a lot of fun when you start to get it.
From your practice vid, you look pretty good to me, Euni! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43KA...ature=youtu.be
Rodarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #1555
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodarbal View Post
From your practice vid, you look pretty good to me, Euni! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43KA...ature=youtu.be
No kidding! I'd be thrilled if I could drift this car that well! Your car looks so much more composed when transitioning from one direction to another. Good job! I think for me, it'll be best to reduce the CS ratio and learn to drift it like that and then gradually increase the CS ratio to where it is now.

I will agree with you that the FOW definitely made it initiate turns much better in tighter spaces. The issue is that our tracks aren't really very small. And it seems it's much more difficult to execute a transition when the car is moving faster. At least for me it is!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #1556
Tech Regular

Quote:
No kidding! I'd be thrilled if I could drift this car that well! Your car looks so much more composed when transitioning from one direction to another. Good job! I think for me, it'll be best to reduce the CS ratio and learn to drift it like that and then gradually increase the CS ratio to where it is now.

I will agree with you that the FOW definitely made it initiate turns much better in tighter spaces. The issue is that our tracks aren't really very small. And it seems it's much more difficult to execute a transition when the car is moving faster. At least for me it is!
haha...wow, thanks! they have remodeled the track since that video...narrower now and definitely harder with some blind spots. so, now it seems like i'm learning again all over. but, it's still fun.
no, i'm not that good...but, i like to practice as much as you can.

sure, there's no negative thing about lowering the CS ratio...practice, practice, practice is the key. Now that I went back up to 1.99, my D3 seems a little more twitchy...maybe it's just because of the higher ratio or maybe I need to revisit my settings. But, more practice is helping me.
but, i'm learning to use the CS of the car more with the drift. sometimes it's hard and you want to pick up speed..but try to be patient and try to go slow and smooth at first...then as you get comfortable with that..start picking up speed.

when I get a chance, i will try to make another vid with the new track. I did post a short one a page or two back..of just the new track layout...i'm not good enough to post a vid of me drifting on the new track.
:-(
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #1557
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably true... Well, I hope they get on it soon! I want my steering and I'd also like to pick up some pulleys so I reduce the CS ratio.

So this past weekend some friends and I were drifting on a smooth concrete surface (parking garage). It was the first time my friend and I drifted our D3s. Eventually we got decent enough to hold a drift fairly well. The issue we had all day was with transitions. As soon as the transition started from one direction to the other, the rear end would just continue around causing a spin. We tried all kinds of stuff such as more/less throttle, immediate countersteer, but we just couldn't get it right.

I realize this will take a lot of practice and that's fine. What bothered me was that after hours it seemed we weren't making progress. Are there any basic tips or tricks that others are familiar with that may help us? We're still relatively new to drifting and there's no experienced drifters in the area to help us.

I have been drifting mine on smooth concrete as well and i thought the FOW really helped my car. The best improvement for my sakura to get it to transition was a faster steering servo. I left my cs ratio as it came in the kit and it took me 5+ lipos for it to make sense after so much 50/50 drifting. Once it does it really is a blast to drive.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #1558
Tech Rookie

Whipped this up from some footage i got at a short drift meet up last night at LHS. Thought the chassis looked cool in action. I just finished building it and am still getting it set up.

http://youtu.be/FTYC02boKJQ
Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #1559
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For all Sydney/Australian Guys

I will be putting up my D3 for sale this afternoon.

Comes with:

FOW Installed.
Front Aluminum Bulkhead
Rear Alloy Pulley/Bearing Housing
Rear Pulley Washer Mod (Pickled's Idea and its awesome)
Reedy 17.5T motor with 20t Pinion
HW XCar 45 Amp ESC
BlueBird BMS D621 MG Servo
Alloy Steering Rack
Centre Belt Tensioner (from Sakura Zero)
SSK Front Axles (not the UWA)
1 Set of 4 White Spice Gram Lights with Spice Hard Tyres
1 Set of 4 Orange Spice Gram Lights with Spice Soft Tyres
1 Set of 4 Green Top Line Mars Wheels with HPI T Drift Neova Advan Tyres (hard)
1 Set of Stock D3 Wheels & Tyres
Set of 4 Spice 50mm Touring car Shocks and Mini Springs (work on the D3 with some spring clips)
1 Set of Spare Betls (all 3)
1 Installed Black and Orange Tamiya Toyota FT 86 body
1 Yokomo Unpainted Drive M7 Advan Toyota FT 86 Body
1 Yokomo Plastic light unit for HKS 86
1 Blade Racing 8 LED Stead Light (4 White/4 Red)

Pretty much RTR, add your battery and RX and go drifting.

Looking at $200 + $20 shipping in a big box within Aus.

Ill put photos up later.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #1560
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
For all Sydney/Australian Guys

I will be putting up my D3 for sale this afternoon.

Comes with:

FOW Installed.
Front Aluminum Bulkhead
Rear Alloy Pulley/Bearing Housing
Rear Pulley Washer Mod (Pickled's Idea and its awesome)
Reedy 17.5T motor with 20t Pinion
HW XCar 45 Amp ESC
BlueBird BMS D621 MG Servo
Alloy Steering Rack
Centre Belt Tensioner (from Sakura Zero)
SSK Front Axles (not the UWA)
1 Set of 4 White Spice Gram Lights with Spice Hard Tyres
1 Set of 4 Orange Spice Gram Lights with Spice Soft Tyres
1 Set of 4 Green Top Line Mars Wheels with HPI T Drift Neova Advan Tyres (hard)
1 Set of Stock D3 Wheels & Tyres
Set of 4 Spice 50mm Touring car Shocks and Mini Springs (work on the D3 with some spring clips)
1 Set of Spare Betls (all 3)
1 Installed Black and Orange Tamiya Toyota FT 86 body
1 Yokomo Unpainted Drive M7 Advan Toyota FT 86 Body
1 Yokomo Plastic light unit for HKS 86
1 Blade Racing 8 LED Stead Light (4 White/4 Red)

Pretty much RTR, add your battery and RX and go drifting.

Looking at $200 + $20 shipping in a big box within Aus.

Ill put photos up later.
A great deal for anyone looking to pick up a D3! Any reason why you're selling though?

Only 1 week until I'll be able to try out the new track layout eunique has mentioned. Cant wait!

Edit: To anyone having trouble learning with the chassis, I'd recommend getting some 1gallon or 2 liter bottles filled with water and doing figure 8s around them to work on your transitions. You can also try reducing the CS ratio, but personally I have kept it at the stock 2.14 ratio. Its a bit of a steeper learning curve and you'll have to work on your setup more but it is definitely rewarding once you get it. If you're spinning a lot too, it could mean you are steering way too much. It took me a while to learn, but the car does not require as much steering input most of the time
mrjfang is offline   Reply With Quote