R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #1531
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennychen View Post
I just realize I've installed the front one way in opposite direction, will this be the reason why my car keep spinning?

http://youtu.be/uJ5BZUGfKbw

make sure the arrow direction is pointing to the front of the chassis as this is the direction the belt turns when going forwards
pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #1532
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled View Post

make sure the arrow direction is pointing to the front of the chassis as this is the direction the belt turns when going forwards
Will correct this tonigt

I was wondering why the MST MS-01D Pro and Yokomo DIB is not much discussed in this forum, aren't these a good drift car too?
bennychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #1533
Tech Addict

Quote:
Will correct this tonigt

I was wondering why the MST MS-01D Pro and Yokomo DIB is not much discussed in this forum, aren't these a good drift car too?
this is a purely D3 thread I'm sure somewhere on the forum they discuss them? I get on driftmission for those topics tho. I'm getting a XXX-D VIP in about a week or so!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #1534
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to M-chassisMark

I took some video of my local drift meet we do on Monday nights. My buddy chased me around in a Tamiya M03 with a camera mounted to the front, and later in the clip I have the camera mounted on the roof and side of my car with the RX-7 body. There is another CS Sport in a few shots without a body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbChiRDTuRs
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #1535
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
this is a purely D3 thread I'm sure somewhere on the forum they discuss them? I get on driftmission for those topics tho. I'm getting a XXX-D VIP in about a week or so!
Yeah I've searched in other categories in RCTech as well but not many discussing on the specific MS-01D Pro and DIB compared to D3, the XXX-D VIP is shaft driven, how does it perform when compared to D3?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #1536
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yeah I've searched in other categories in RCTech as well but not many discussing on the specific MS-01D Pro and DIB compared to D3, the XXX-D VIP is shaft driven, how does it perform when compared to D3?
check out drift mission heaps of info on different chassis
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #1537
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
check out drift mission heaps of info on different chassis
Found some useful info over there, I just placed an order from Banzai Hobby for Yokomo DP-DIBG DIB Gunmetal at USD $383, wonder why the price is much lower compared to other shops, hopefully this chassis is good
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #1538
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pickled, didn't you order a Reventon Pro combo also? Did you get your shipment yet? Have you tried it out running your D3 yet? What do you think?
eunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #1539
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunique View Post
Pickled, didn't you order a Reventon Pro combo also? Did you get your shipment yet? Have you tried it out running your D3 yet? What do you think?
I got it it was good till it went bang and I mean bang. I must have picked up something conductive the time before and with the jostling in the car it must have got between the + and - terminals when I plugged the battery in it went up in a puff of smoke and a loud bang the terminals even got desoldered lol so back to my HW and it has reverse intermittently so thimking about buying a keyence tachyon airia now. the MST XXX-D is out of stock at RC-ART spewin was $490 instead of $640 every where else so might look at getting a decent radio instead and a 180SX shell?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #1540
Tech Regular

Red face

Quote:
I got it it was good till it went bang and I mean bang. I must have picked up something conductive the time before and with the jostling in the car it must have got between the + and - terminals when I plugged the battery in it went up in a puff of smoke and a loud bang the terminals even got desoldered lol so back to my HW and it has reverse intermittently so thimking about buying a keyence tachyon airia now. the MST XXX-D is out of stock at RC-ART spewin was $490 instead of $640 every where else so might look at getting a decent radio instead and a 180SX shell?
Oh man! Thats too bad bro...sorry to hear that about your speed passion.
That XXX-D looks nice...but I'm not too sure about shaft driven. Although I'm sure it's an excellent drifter! ...great price too.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #1541
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rodarbal

Monday bump for this thread....

After a few months of lurking in here and reading up, I FINALLY placed my order with TQ for a D3. I added the UWA CVDs as well as a few extra pulleys so I can play with CS ratios. After this weekend I'm hooked!

You want to see what the sparking D3 tires look like in action? I borrowed a set from Tommy R this weekend and slapped them on one of my Schuies for an impromptu drift meet.

Check it out here: http://youtu.be/Vg8QyjeXa4Q
Rodarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #1542
Tech Rookie

I have been lurking and reading the thread and recently bought this kit as well. Mine has a sakura zero tensioner, front one way diff , purple springs F, Blue springs R and it drifts amazing. Sucked me back into rc amazing , this is my gf
Corey303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #1543
Tech Initiate

Been running my Sakura for a about a week now, and I'm really liking it. Switching to a faster Savox SC 1251 servo really helped me to be able to catch my car in transitions. I did notice when I was running and I would punch the throttle real hard I heard a clicking noise, started looking around and none of my belts were slipping. I took out some of the throttle punch and it stopped, not sure what's up with that but whatever haha. Here's a few pictures of mine now that I have all my electronics, at the next meet I'm going to add some bullet connectors and shorten my wire leads as well.

setup
Motor/esc: Viper VTX10 13.5T
Servo:Savox SC-1251MG
TX/RX: Futaba 4PK/R604FS
Chassis mods(so far) front one way, center tensioner, and rear bearing bulkhead.

Justin

Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #1544
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone have any "insider information" on when the aluminum steering assembly will be available again?
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #1545
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Does anyone have any "insider information" on when the aluminum steering assembly will be available again?
check Tqrcracing.com

have you checked 3racing.hk website?
and also rcmart?