Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theatriks
I Beleive Hara should be the winner too ...none of this scrap a round crap
Which would mean that if someone had won the first two finals they would still have to go out and race the third final. If you had to include all three scores you could win the first two finals, but then be taken out in the third final and lose to someone finishing third in all three finals. If you couldn't drop your worst score then if someone took you out in the first final there wouldn't be much point in continuing.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
I Beleive Hara should be the winner too ...none of this scrap a round crap ....hara placed in top 5 all 3 mains gilles was in 10th spot in one of his mains....hara is the winner in books but my books dont count so who cares.
I think Hara getting gifted TQ at this race is more than enough consolation.

Triple A's were invented to keep an unlucky run from awarding the championship to someone based on nothing more than another driver's misfortune. I think the system they have in place is the best possible scenario for deciding the outcome. If you look at it, the driver that ran the fastest A-main of the two in the tiebreak is the winner. Doesn't really get anymore fair than that.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
It's been that way since the triple main was invented and every single one of those drivers knew it and knew what they had to do to win.
Not quite, the 1987 off road worlds finals were based on adding your two fastest times together, which meant even though Jamie Booth finished ahead of Hirosaka in two finals, Hirosaka won due to getting an extra lap in the one final he won. The rules were changed soon after though to the format we all know.
No complaints back then though as they knew the rules they were racing to, just like the 2012 finalists know the rules and the only complaints are on here.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I'm kinda feeling bad for Volker, that contact with hara in A1 cost him the championship.....
I' m not agree!Rehynard felt Ronald in final 3 and open the job to Gilles......

Pier
Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

And yes, Congratulations to Jilles!!! A class act that truly deserves the win.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pigiolino
I' m not agree!Rehynard felt Ronald in final 3 and open the job to Gilles......

Pier
I watched the last round and Ronald's car was really loose in the beginning. I didn't see the incident with Reinhard....
Old 07-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Congrat's Jilles well deserved
Old 07-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Not quite, the 1987 off road worlds finals were based on adding your two fastest times together, which meant even though Jamie Booth finished ahead of Hirosaka in two finals, Hirosaka won due to getting an extra lap in the one final he won. The rules were changed soon after though to the format we all know.
No complaints back then though as they knew the rules they were racing to, just like the 2012 finalists know the rules and the only complaints are on here.
Oh yeah, I had forgot all about that race.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

TRF has 5 wins in the 7 TC world championships. They must be doing something right. Just because you copy something doesnt mean its the same.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
TRF has 5 wins in the 7 TC world championships. They must be doing something right. Just because you copy something doesnt mean its the same.
That's because all the worlds are outside. Indoor it's been average since moving to the 417 platform.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingracer
It's been that way since the triple main was invented and every single one of those drivers knew it and knew what they had to do to win. Groskamp's dive bomb pass at the line in A1 proved to be the winning move.
The funny thing is that Hara used that exact same tactic on Jilles at an ETS race . He's been the #2 for waay too long, I've been rooting for him for some time, so very happy at his victory. He's a very nice guy, met him years ago when we were both in the Dutch nationals (him in A, me somewhere near the end of the alphabet. :P)
Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe but you have to remember that the Yoko looked good. and The best Xray driver somehow ended up the in the B main.

But good job Jilles you did EARN it!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Congrats Jilles and Tamiya!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Shop Owner

Yes employ the best drivers, and have by far the best team!!! Talent, speed, relationship. They also race many times through the year together so they exercise their skills. Other teams don't have that..

Give to them ANY chassis and the outcome will be the same.

Come on guys, car isn't that important, its the driver
Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by syndr0me
That's because all the worlds are outside. Indoor it's been average since moving to the 417 platform.
Volker wasn't that "bad"! Remember the 2 first qualifiers, he beat them all (especially the Q1) with ease!!

His strategy just didn't paid off!!

If he was the TQ man it would have been whole lot another story!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.