Wiki Posts
Search

Victor Super IQ Charger owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Victor Super IQ Charger owners?

To anyone who has a Super IQ Charger that has been updated by Sam Capris with one of the double chip setups or added FET upgrades, I have something odd going on with the motor functions that I can't quite explain!

I haven't used any of the motor run functions on this charger in a long time, so just recently I went to use my Victor to test run a motor with the motor hooked up to the motor load jacks, and it simply would not run the motor in either break in mode or in the amp draw mode. I tried different motors with the same results. So then I tried the same thing with the motor hooked up to the Nicad ports and it worked just like it is supposed to.

Now is there something I am missing here or what? Could the new software have something to do with this, I also have the discharge FET's, now I can't imagine that either of these things would affect this, but I figured that since Sam made these modifications, maybe the changes somehow eliminated the use of the motor run ports on the charger. I am not complaining, I just can't figure out why the charger will no longer run the functions through the motor load ports and it will through the Nicad ports.

If anyone knows why or has the same thing happen to them please let me know. I can't even remember If I have ever ran a motor on this charger since Sam did the upgrades.

Any help is appreciated, thinks in advance.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Sam has

done work on mine(quite a bit actually).He has done mods to both of my chargers.It's not in front of me but,I think mine does the same thing.It doesn't seem to be a problem,I seem to remember it being part of the upgrades he did.Btw,when did he mod/fix yours?Is he doing repairs again?I have a Victor matcher that's not working and would like for him to check it out.Mario.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Sam still does the upgrades. I just had mine done not to long ago. If you go to the www.Modelland.com website you should be able to get a hold of him, or at least someone can pass on the message. I don't have my Victor in front of me because I am on holiday, but try the website. I'm sure Sam can help.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mine also has the upgrades, and with them you must use the meter leads and the nicad leads, NOT the motor leads, and everything should work just fine.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies.

Lotus1, I had my repairs/upgrades done quite some time ago, I would say around three years ago. Until og_capone made his statement I was unaware that Sam had started up repairs again.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Even though Sam is still doing repairs, everyone should still remember that he has a full time job. Sam is a good guy, and really does great work. I wasn't in a hurry to get my Victor back from Sam, but what made me feel better about giving my charger to him, was his experience with the Victor. The Victor works perfect with the new batteries, I have never had an issue charging my 3300's, and soon to be 3700's.