Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drift Assist Electric/Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Drift Assist Electric/Nitro

hey guys, new to the rc world, i have a nitro drift car and im looking at getting a drift assit gyro. the place i bought my rc car only has 1 drift assist on their website and they want over $100 for it.

nitrorcx has 2 different types, both are around the $30 range.
nitrorcx.com/drcarup.html

will these work on a nitro rc car? i know they work on electric, so im hoping some of you guys would know.

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

It will work, but honestly just practice and youll get it. And before you ask, yesi drift a nitro rs4-2
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NOOOO!!!! dont use a cheat box
Old 07-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

theres no need for one of those. just practice!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

ohh, i was under the impression basically everyone used one. good to know there not a must. i think it would kind of ruin the fun anyways if all the work was done for you. Thanks! few bucks saved

i only had the car out for a few minutes today, first time i drove it. im still working on the tune. but im not a fan of the hard plastic tires that came on the car they just slide everywhere, pretty hard to control.

what kind of tires would you recommend for a beginner? i picked up 2 sets with the car, one set is like a hard rubber and the other is a soft rubber. never tried them yet.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KYZAAC
ohh, i was under the impression basically everyone used one. good to know there not a must. i think it would kind of ruin the fun anyways if all the work was done for you. Thanks! few bucks saved

i only had the car out for a few minutes today, first time i drove it. im still working on the tune. but im not a fan of the hard plastic tires that came on the car they just slide everywhere, pretty hard to control.

what kind of tires would you recommend for a beginner? i picked up 2 sets with the car, one set is like a hard rubber and the other is a soft rubber. never tried them yet.
Drift? plastic all the way. The hard rubber drift tires are very hard to drive. Imagine the speed of rubber tires but the control of plastic ones. Because of the weight of a nitro tuning will take major changes. Me personally i added a lot of ballast to the front to gain more steering control. Also locked the front and rear diffs with hot glue.