Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T3R or Tamiya TA06 Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Xray T3R or Tamiya TA06 Pro?

Hi Guys,

I want to buy a new 1/10 sedan and my budget permits to buy a car under U$ 300,00. I have eletronics for it....

I'm very interested to pick one Xray T3R or a Tamiya TA06 Pro.

What do you think? Which one is better?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

both those cars are really great and can be both tuned to whatever track or surface you run at respectively. i would base getting either of those kits by parts availability and price.
does your local LHS carry parts for them and how much? if $300 is your budget honestly you can get a lot of rc from a sakura zero s. the chassis is as good as others out there for a minimal price and can be hop-up for relatively cheap and the best part about it is parts for it are really cheap!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

X-ray. Beyond excellent quality and durability.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trigger
X-ray. Beyond excellent quality and durability.
Guys, I hever had a Xray car. They are durable? It brokes up very much or not?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Beyond excellent quality and durability.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also depends on what class you are going to race it in? 13.5, 17.5 mod etc? presuming that you do intend to race it.

They Xray cars are a quality kit and are very durable, parts can be a tad expensive at times, but it takes a really big hit to break them.
The one you are considering has more plastic parts on it than the premium model which alows it to flex and bend in big crashes rather than breaking.

From what I have read and my own experiences with Tamiya models the TA06 gets a good report too. The Tamiya's are very durable too and can take alot of punishment before anything breaks (and I'm speaking from experience)

As mentioned, see what your local hobby shop stocks in regards to spares and accessories in regards to those cars, also have a talk to the people at your local race track if you're intending to race, they'll be able to give you more information and advice.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rob.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look at buying a used car. A better car for less $$$.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I run a TA06 17.5 mod and has surpassed all of my expectation. My car has performed multiple cartswheels and bad crashes and it just keeps on rolling. Being a total noob, I have gradually pick up higher position with box spec recommendations. The only thing that I have replaced so far is a pair front arms.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would recommand the x-ray or the sakura zero s.

i own a TA06 pro myself and believe me it's a fun car to work on. but you'll find yourself spending extra money on hop-ups before it can be somewhat competitive. so with all those hop-ups, it definitely won't be under $300 budget.

another point for getting the x-ray t3r or sakura zero s is that if you want to spend more money on them in the future, you can eventually turn them into the x-ray t3 or the sakura xii i believe. so that your initial investment wouldn't go to waste.

for the TA06, no matter how much money you dump into it, it won't turn into a TRF 417.

i would say if this is the only car that you are going to run for awhile, stick with the x-ray or sakura. but if you already own one of those conventional TCs (eg. 417, xray, TCX, TC6, etc) and you want an extra car for fun, then you may consider the TA06. however, if money is going to be a persisting issue, i would strongly advice against it.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Initiate

TA06 will buy many many option, you will not feel bored
Old 07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
Look at buying a used car. A better car for less $$$.
^^ This. But shop carefully, and make sure you're getting one that's in good working order. You don't want something ragged out that's gonna cost a bunch to freshen up.

-Mike
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
^^ This. But shop carefully, and make sure you're getting one that's in good working order. You don't want something ragged out that's gonna cost a bunch to freshen up.

-Mike
When buying a used TC, hingpins, bearings, diffs, and belts, pullies should always be replaced, if the price is low enough, it might end up being a steal.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Initiate

I saw on youtube that the t3r has a lot of vibration on the front wheels... How this problem is solved?
There is a lot difference betwen t3r and the t3?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mariobessa
I saw on youtube that the t3r has a lot of vibration on the front wheels... How this problem is solved?
There is a lot difference betwen t3r and the t3?
The t3r uses cheaper materials, such as not so good shocks and the carbon fibre chassis is only used as standard on the t3.

If you are not looking for tenths of a second on laptimes, get the t3r, it is cheaper and still a very competitive car.

The vibration on the t3r is usually caused by the driveshafts, the t3 items usually fit without a problem as far as I know, but are expensive!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default xray T3R vs ???

The awesome exchange on going with the t3r you will spend far less than if you were to buy a t4 that can only use t4 partz which are very pricey. .I felt for my first TC mod race it was more or less would I learn more by getting a car that is cheaper but very competitive car..I'm glad I chose the tr3 its a very well designed car for less money ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.