Wiki Posts
Search

trinity/epic motor problems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
trinity/epic motor problems!

i am i big fan or epic/trinity/fantom motors. i have lots of them. lately ive had some of them stop working correctly, and these are my newer ones with the circut board on top. is there any ongoing problems with the board? is there any way to fix it? they just start going slow no matter what i do. ive repaced the brushes, cut the comms, changer springs, and taken a good look at anything that could e doing it. the only way that i have found to fix it is to take an endbell off of another motor. this has happened to my stocks and my mods.

let me know if this is too unclear of an explaination for you, im so frazzled with this happening to my motors.

thanks for any help.
marshalv.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

the circuit board only has 3 small capacitors on it. the only thing you might notice is some glitching if the caps went bad. if the arm of the motor is not burned it might be possible that your brush hoods are way out of alignment. if you want to rule out the caps you could remove the board and hand solder some caps on the end bell