Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Core Stock V2 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Core Stock V2 Limited

Help!! Does anyone know anything about this motor? I bought this motor for 1/12 scale racing. What kind of brushes are best for this appilication? Springs? I hope it is a tork motor because it doesn't have many RPM's. The little light is neat. Orion nor Peak list it on there websights. Anybody Have any speed secrets? Haywyre
Old 02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Can you please post the specs? New motor!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default motor

As far as I can tell it is a core stock motor with a V2 end bell, fixed timing. Meets all ROAR specks. Only down side It's the same price as the mod motor. HAYWYRE
Old 02-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Mike... What's up!!

Yep.. That's what you have. A core stock with a V2 end bell. Orion/Peek are selling V2 end bells for all the stock motors. Brush life seems to be the biggest benefit. Its not ROAR legal though.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default motor

Why not ROAR legal It is a core stock locked endbell,tapered shaft,labled com, bushings,2 magnets . nice to here from you John, send me your e-mail. HAYWYRE
Old 02-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Motors have to be under a certain MSRP for it to be ROAR legal. The V2 endbell makes the Stock motor too expensive to be ROAR legal.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Exactly, one of ROAR's stock motor rules(assuming they haven't changed it recently) is that the MAXIMUM retail price of any ROAR-legal stock motor be no more than $40US, so if this V2-based stock costs more than that it won't be legal. That being said, I really WOULD like to see a legal stocker from them using that brush system(especially if they can include some slightly higher-silver content brushes), could have loads of potential....
Old 02-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Oh okay, I didn't realise that they based things on price like that. I thought that what was more the issue was that it could not be tampered in any way so it would need to be like that out of the box. The adaption kits would make it a hybrid motor which is deemed illegal. I thought that was the major problem.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

orion/Peak racing also released a limited 19t spec Element V2. only 100 were made. I was lucky enough to get one. yet to try it.... as soon as the sun comes out...

for club racing...does it really matter if it legal or not. it's not a Roar sactioned event.. so V2 adaptation motors are ok to use.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Price is actually $46 now....

And I think there is questions if the brush hoods meet the correct specs as outlined in the rules....

Later EddieO
Old 02-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rc-zombies - just a thought on your last post:

"for club racing...does it really matter if it legal or not. it's not a Roar sactioned event.. so V2 adaptation motors are ok to use."

another component to limiting cost is to keep a hold on technology. if you're not going to limit motors to some form of rules, why have rules at all?

just as an example... ok so what's the big deal with a v2 that might be faster, how is that any different from the next guy coming back with a split stack arm, or the next guy coming back with... ? if you're going to use a cost benefit rule exception, then why not allow a brushless motor with similar (and slightly better) performance to compete in the class?

i agree some flexibility, especially at the lower levels, is good, but cost/rules for the most part should be stuck to as closely as possible IMO.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
orion/Peak racing also released a limited 19t spec Element V2. only 100 were made.
Maybe in the US, but the V2 19-turn motors are still widely available in the UK, they were released here before the states too for some reason (one of the rare occasions where Britain gets the good stuff first!). I had one myself but never got round to using it - managed to sell it on ebay to a fella from the states who paid as much as I had - about £33 ($60)!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, the Spec V2 motors are available in Norway too. No limited production number. I've got two of them, incredible torque. Same price as other Spec motors also.