Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The 2013 Snowbird Nationals:  Jan 29th - Feb 3rd >

The 2013 Snowbird Nationals: Jan 29th - Feb 3rd

The 2013 Snowbird Nationals: Jan 29th - Feb 3rd

Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Were you driving a T3 2012? If so wow I'm impressed, and also will you post the set up? I'm still racing my 2013 this year too.
Yes sur I was the only person with a t3 2012 to make the A main in both 13.5 touring and 17.5 . I ran the same car in both classes an I will post the set up on that form as soon as I can
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by clparsons123
This is absolutely correct . What happens between me and Chris in the sweeper was I went a little wide Chris got to the inside I tried to shut the door but he was already there . Because I lifted I went to the pipe . There was nothing he did that was wrong it was my mistake and we all make them. In the end I am very happy where I finished especially when the top 5 where separated by a little over a second.
It was great racing with you Chris I'm looking forward to next time

Cory parsons
You as well bud. No more stock though. I think there are at least 5 guys in that main that should move out as well but thats a whole different topic haha.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Anyone that wants to progress in racing and get sponsored needs to read this exchange.

They are two class acts and are great representatives of the brands supporting them.
Thanks Adrian

Originally Posted by CoreyW.
Hey Cory, you drove great at the Snowbirds. You will be even faster once you get your hands on a T4. Btw, that pass you made on Franchesco was an absolute beauty! Surprised it hasn't been mentioned more.
Thanks Corey
I can't wait to get my t4 . Also you had Andrews car dialed . That kid will be unstoppable in a year in mod !
Congrats to you and Andrew for the win in 13.5 and he also did great in mod
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone that wants to progress in racing and get sponsored needs to read this exchange.

They are two class acts and are great representatives of the brands supporting them.
^ This.

Pretty cool to see someone actually come out and say that they made a mistake, rather than taking the easy way out and blaming the other driver/car.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Thanks Adrian.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
You as well bud. No more stock though. I think there are at least 5 guys in that main that should move out as well but thats a whole different topic haha.
Hey Chris, If you're planning to move into the Touring Super Stock 13.5 class, be ready for even more bumper-rubbing action. Those 13.5 guys were driving CRAZZZZY!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

After watching the video of the A main 17.5 Tc I would have to say there was some great racing up front ... That pass that Corey put on Francesco was beautiful!! the pass Chris put on Corey is just an example of how close the racing was, make a mistake and it will cost you! either way the racing all week in Tc 17.5 was close Tq was being threatened every round ...Ea put in a great run as he had a hard charging field pressuring him and he kept it together ..Until next year !
Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

updated my video page from the birds, all videos are up

http://rcactionpics.com/2013/video.html
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

From the entire Crew, Staff, Team. Thanks for attending or watching on-line.
Thanks again goes out to Mike Boylan for another Great Snowbird Nationals.
Thanks also to Julie, Sara, Emme.
To Bill and Sue Boylan.
To Julie's Mom Emily.
To all that helped.
Mike Bean , Mel McCoy, Dave Vanthoff, Steve Pedano, Tom Pedano, Dave Pedano, Steve's Friend John and his wife, John Moukie, Bill Spicer, Kal Southworth, Steve Boylan, Ron Thomas, Paul Schaub, Alan Arlington, Jim Smith, Donnie Thigpen, Ron Harrison, Justin Fawcett, Sam Ledford and for all the guys behind the Mic's John Catricala , Gene Crane, Greg Sharpe. Also To Rcactionpics. Thanks Again.
Ken " The Scarecrow" Holmes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Amen Scarecrow!

Well, it's been a week and I've finally recovered and I just wanna throw in my 2 cents from this years event...

After taking a couple years off and missing this event, I didn't realize how much I was truly missing. Mike, Scarecrow, and the whole SnowBirds team truly put on a first class event and it was some of the most fun I've had in years.

It was great seeing friends I haven't seen in such a long time and all of the BSing that went along with it.

And I have to thank Frank, Dumper, Ficco, Goat, and the CRC team for being such a fun group to pit with and that made the whole event that much more enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to next year already.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Snowbirds 2013

I like to thank Snowbirds Race Crew & Mike what a unbelievable work they put down on this race.

I also like to thank all the Road and Oval racers taking part off the race.

Thanks to Jim taking care of the power need to have a nice run in my 17.5 and 13.5 Road finals. And Ernest getting me the best Batteries & Motors that I have ever had.

Thanks to Bruce and Joel taking care of my 17.5 Car.

Thanks to Sean for help with the ESC

Thanks to Oval: Steve Pemberton & Joel Winnicki, Monti Panzica, Monty (I understand no that this is not his name, was pitting behind me in Cracker Rom), Eric Thomas & his pit mates “Tekin”

Viper help me with the ESC in the Oval Car.

Thanks to GS hobby store very nice to do shopping 24 hours.

My mate Magnus putting up with me

And all the ones that I forgot Thanks to you to.

Alf
Norway

Last edited by alf.skaar; 03-14-2013 at 12:14 AM.