Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A. >

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"A Fluke you say...hummmm, Ill have to see about that".....those were the words I said to myself last Oct, after being told that the 2011 Nats was a "fluke"...thank you negative minded ppl...I love a challenge

Well guys Ive been trying to write a good report/comment and ect...without making it 4 pages...lol...so Ill say this..

Im a very blessed person to have friends and family that support what I love to do. Ive heard thank yous from everybody that attended and some from those who didnt. I hate to tell you this, but thanking me isnt the way to go. I'll take them, but if you really want to thank someone...thank the racer next to you.

All of you made this happen. Every racer that came to this event are the reason the event was a success, not me. Without you racers its just a buliding,wood and carpet. Without your true support and dedication to the RC hobby,none of this would take place. So to do it right....

Thank you AJ,Alex,Bill,Brad,Brent,Brian A.,Brian L.,Brian B.,Brian S.,Bryan,Calvin,Chad,Chris B.,Chris E.,Chris F.,Chris H.,Christian,Chuck,Charles,Cody,Danny,Daniel,Darre ll,Dave,David,Donald,Eddie,Eric A.,Eric G.,Eric W.,Evan L.,Evan W.,Fabio,Gary,Gavin,Grant,James,Jason,Jeff,Jim,Joe M.,Joe R.,Joe S.,Jordan,Josh,Justin L.,Justin O.,Justin Z.,Ken,Kenny,Kent,Kevin,Marqus,Matt M.,Matt S.,Mike,Michael L.,Michael S.,Peter John,Peter,RJ,Ray,Richard,Ryan,Sam,Scott B.,Scott Fuh.,Scott Ful.,Scott M.,Shawn,Tim M.,Tim V.,Tony,Tyrone,Von,Will A.,Will S.,Will Z.,and William

Thank you so very much...I hope all of you had a good time, cause I really did...and Im very happy to do it again next year...for the racers...

I will post a race report later this week when I can compress it to about 1 post lol...as well as sponsor post...

Thank you all so very much again

Myron "Battman" Kinnard
Attached Thumbnails 2012 U.S. VTA+ SOUTHERN NATIONALS in MUSIC CITY, U.S.A.-darkside%2520kinnard%25202.jpg  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Had a blast guys!!! Thank you Thunder RC Crew Great race!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a video I took with my cell at the opening when Myron got all (most) of the cars on the track at one time for a awesome photo opportunity. Impressive group of racing cars... Just a few bucks sitting there huh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrBQbAH-ag&feature=plcp

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I kind of linger on my cars. Sorry about that! At the end, you can get a good feel for the entire track area.

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 09-25-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Beginning of the pictures...

Here is the link to the pictures. I will be updating as I get thru them. Monkey said everyone was asking. There are around 4000 pictures to go thru, edit, organize and post. What you will see now is strictly raw images in the order in which they were shot. So.... here you go... check back often for updates.

2012 USVTA Southern Nationals

Just be warned... these are huge files and may take awhile to load.

Last edited by monkey handler; 09-25-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

4,000 pictures! GAD! How cool! Thanks! Well, I better get started looking at them...but first...

This is a video below that I put together this evening. Turn on your sound. I shot it with my little RCA Small Wonder. There's a few good pictures and some video of the A Main. I didn't get the ending of the race, just some good footage of the start and early portions of the race. You can see Richard's yellow Javelin TQ for sure. This should be a good one to forward to people who didn't get to come to give them an idea of what we all got to enjoy and what they missed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R2bLWlMrF4&sns=em

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Scott

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 09-25-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spider004
Big hats off to Calvin Rogers for showing us all what Sportsmanship is all about in the Jr VTA class and with racers like him, this hobby will continue to grow!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Darkside and see you soon!

James McNees
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
+1

I had to leave before the awards, but my wife was there till the end doing the pictures and told me what Calvin did. IMO that goes above and beyond good sportsmanship. Was a very awesome thing for him to do. Im sure it was really appreciated.
Originally Posted by WNRacing
Believe it or not though, the best part of the weekend came during the JR VTA trophy presentation. Calvin Rogers, you sir are the man. That was extremely selfless of you and it showed an awful lot about you & your pops. I believe we all need to take a page from this guys book.

-Evan
Thanks everyone for the kind words about my son. It was all his idea, I had nothing to do with it. He told me that was what he wanted to do as soon as he walked off the stand after the race and I agreed.

Little Jordan drove the wheels off his car all weekend, setting TQ, placed 1st in EVERY heat. and woulda ran the D main if he'd been in Pro. He drove his heart out only to have a part failure take it away from him in the big show. He had the main in the bag without a doubt. He deserved to get the belt for all his skill, effort, and sportsmanship he showed representing the JrVTA class.

Thanks again
Kenny & Calvin Rogers
Old 09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know it might be asking a lot but does someone have video of 12th or TC Amain?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
EA and Skeen- I have really enjoyed my conversations with you guys, just shooting the breeze or talking about technical stuff.
See that was your first mistake. Never listen to either of us.
We really just ramble and rarely know what we are talking about LOL
Good to see you again.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

What was the total number of entries that showed up ?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
There were a total of 121 entries. 49 of them were VTA's. The actual number of racers I believe was in the mid 90's.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hate to be the guy who was in his pit when something cool happened but for me and those who were not there, what happened with Calvin?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Well guys that was one of the best races I have ever attended
Made a bunch of new friends and put a few rctech names with some faces
I had so much fun at this race and hanging out with you all
My son was so mad he had to go back to school this morning
Funny thing was when I woke him up he tought we were still racing lmao

CALVIN my hats off to you KID best thing I had ever seen done at any race
ever ....... You and your dad are truley the sprit of VTA
I hope every racer learned something from this I know I did !!!!!

Myron you the man I will be making this race again next year
You should start the 2013 southern nationals thred NOW lol
So we can get a head start and go for 200 racers

RICH congrats on you win you earned it man you were fast !

Sam the concourse man GO TEAM MOPAR I want to know you secret .

WILL looking forward to racing you next year we had our own race all day Sunday and it was a blast your a great driver

Brent lmao your link won't open on the I pad
Gonna try at work tomorrow

Snoop.monkey.INDY. You guys rock all the pics and vids are sick love them

Jordan and Evin . Peter is still telling his mom about all the fun he had with you guys thank you all

And I forgot his name maybe it was cause he told me he ran off road
But I would like to thank our TECH GUY who did a great job at
Checkin every car" BUT MYRONS lmao " you rock bro that was no easy
Job for one guy and you did it WELL Soooo for that we thank you

Last edited by rcpaintinpete; 09-25-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I hate to be the guy who was in his pit when something cool happened but for me and those who were not there, what happened with Calvin?
Basically Jordan had dominated all day and something happened on track during the Jr. main and Robert was trying to tell Jordan to stop and wait for a second. Jordan got spooked, hit the wall & broke a steering link. Needless to say he was heartbroken.

They had taken a kids WWE championship belt and glued hot wheels on it and a little plaque that said something like '12 Jr VTA Champion on it for the winner of the race and Calvin gave it to Jordan & gave a great little speech about how well Jordan ran and how bad he felt about his car getting broken.

It took an awful big man to do that and it made Jordan's weekend. Probably the best display of sportsmanship I've ever seen.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Big thanks to Myron for putting together another great event, all of the Thunder RC crew who helped make the track what it was for this event with the new lights/tables and everything else that was done for this race, and of course all of the sponsors. I had a great time and am already looking forward the the 2013 USVTA Southern Nationals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.