Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Old 04-18-2005, 02:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'd like to try the EA chassis at SoCal, see how the car feels with a stiffer platform.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Guys...I will be sending my Spare BD off to be done next week. It should take a coulpe of weeks to get drawn up and get the CAD files to the machine shop. Also my engineer is going to do the spool for me while he has the car.

Any improvements that you guys can think of right now? Besides being stiff? and maybe some camber link mounts?

EA
Old 04-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Guys...I will be sending my Spare BD off to be done next week. It should take a coulpe of weeks to get drawn up and get the CAD files to the machine shop. Also my engineer is going to do the spool for me while he has the car.

Any improvements that you guys can think of right now? Besides being stiff? and maybe some camber link mounts?

EA
hey EA.. my only suggestion is solid CF where the esc/receiver gets mounted. instead of the cut out.

YGPM btw...
Old 04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

CF upper bumber brace....
for both 5mm and 6mm body post...
Old 04-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Some upper camber link plates like the ones randy's mate AJ made would be nice....

I also agree about where the esc and receiver go being a solid bit of CF.

A nice big beefy bumber brace! one that will reach the outer body post holes.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You got a PM EA. Let me know what ya think
Old 04-18-2005, 04:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rc-zombies
CF upper bumber brace....
for both 5mm and 6mm body post...
I bet the SD worlds edition one would fit
Old 04-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I bet the SD worlds edition one would fit
#SD-016HW.

Last edited by rc-zombies; 04-18-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dont gotta tell me, I already ordered one
Old 04-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
First race of the JBRL series is over, it was a lot of fun, but best of all I got the BD working better than it ever has. Last night in the hotel room with my buddies I was telling them how the Losi works so great because you can overdrive the car and get a lot of steering by doing so. I thought how cool it would be if Yokomo made a 39 tooth pulley so we could overdrive the front end. Today I struck an idea to try the 41 tooth Losi pulley on the rear of the car and leave the 40 tooth in front. With a few modifications to get it to work it was set, and I have to say that was the best change I have made to the car to date, made it react quick, carry a lot of cornerspeed, had tons of steering out of the corner, and helped sweep the rear end around the turns.

I'd like to say my BD was the best there today, but because of a corner dot in the main I wasnt able to prove it as another BD got around me. I'm going to rebuild my car over the next few days and will try to figure out a way to mount the pulley without any tough or perminent mods to the car.
Randy,

all I gotta say is that your car looked awesome out ther in Mod yesterday (as a fellow BD owner, granted I raced sportsman yesterday in the JBRL) Your car was on rails......

were you runnin checkpoint motors as well?????
Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ghoppa
Randy,

all I gotta say is that your car looked awesome out ther in Mod yesterday (as a fellow BD owner, granted I raced sportsman yesterday in the JBRL) Your car was on rails......

oh yeah,

"Rocketron" your car was "hooked" too (hehehehehe)

call you soon, but what are the "digits"?????
Old 04-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EAMotorsports

EA
- I 2nd what Hebiki mentioned about the open areas for the "electronics" (maybe just smaller openings)
- cf fan mount?????
- a lower "position" for the motor????(mill the chassis, similar to the 415) for a lower cg
- what about a "multi-front diff" similar to the new x-ray version (one way & solid all in one)

just my $0.10......
Old 04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by ghoppa
Randy,

Thanks man, I dont think I met you though, drop by the pit next time you see me at the track.

The BD was definately really good, but it could have been a step better. On saturday we were dialing out steering from the cars as they were super twitchy, but on sunday the track conditions changed and I was dialing in more steering as the day went on. I have a few more changes to make to the car to get more steering yet, and I should be competitive with the car.

I have been running the Checkpoint motors since last week, lotsa power, little maintenence, and Duane is an awesome guy to work with, really knows his stuff
Old 04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey Matt, how long do you soak the belts in WD-40, I'm going to give it a try and see if they free up even more.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I only soaked mine for about 5-6 hours. I've heard of other people soaking them for a day or two.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.